Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 05:01 PM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times

Advertisements

Maybe you should look into an asexual dating site. More likely to find someone who isn't ruled by their ... well you know.

I agree. Keep your standards OLD is known (increasingly) as a hook up site. Even the 'better quality ones".

Old 03-14-2018, 05:01 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Me and my second wife were friends and co workers for almost 18 months before our first date. Even though our second date was in a cheap hotel room there was that prior friendship that laid the foundation for a family and a 16 year relationship.

Foundations matter.
I think you have all the makings for a country song in that post.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:10 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
Maybe you should look into an asexual dating site. More likely to find someone who isn't ruled by their ... well you know.

I agree. Keep your standards OLD is known (increasingly) as a hook up site. Even the 'better quality ones".

The asexual site might be a good suggestion.

And it isn't surprising on the second sentence, relationships and marriages have often been formed from things that started as hook ups (if you consider meeting and having sex on a first date a "hook up").

Old 03-14-2018, 05:15 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Stop dating right now, you're not ready for any commitment from any man. And stop fantasizing about what you want, and start dealing with men as they are.
Yep. Tell them right up front. Its you and your kid, a package deal, not just a sex thing. That should clear out most of the players. That thing wont heal over if you dont use it .

Old 03-14-2018, 05:37 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsMV3uNaTpU

Old 03-14-2018, 05:46 PM

4,413 posts, read 3,471,558 times
Good grief. I don't get this forum. There are posts in other threads telling people that it's OK to "do what's right for you," and a lot of sympathetic ears when someone speaks of feeling "uncomfortable" having to be in such and such social situation.

Yet when it comes to whether a woman is ready to allow a man (or another woman as the case may be), who is essentially still a stranger, to stick his dick inside of her body (and possibly impregnate her, or pass on a disease, because condoms and birth control methods aren't 100% foolproof) the claws come out in the majority of responses.

I mean really -- so many of you are making this woman out to be some kind of tease, or not interested, or whatever else, just because she ISN'T READY for THE most intimate of acts one can do with a person.

Don't get me wrong, I was no prude in my single days, had plenty of very "soon" encounters -- but the assertion that one can't possibly be attracted to someone or get into a long-term relationship unless one hops into bed after date #6 or 8 is absurd.

OP, don't feel pressured into doing anything you're not emotionally ready for. This is nonsense.

Last edited by wasel; 03-14-2018 at 05:54 PM..

Old 03-14-2018, 05:49 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I think the opposite actually. If a woman doesn't have sex with a guy on the first date or at least within the first few, then she's not passionate enough about him to be good girlfriend material for him. It means she can keep her hands off him. If she can keep her hands off of him then he's not LTR material for her, either.
OR it may mean she's struggling to keep her hands off him, but she's sensible enough to wait, to make sure he's not an axe murderer, or an arrogant or selfish jerk who would be self-centered in bed.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:51 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Of course she shouldn't do anything she doesn't want to.

My point is she shouldn't use sex as a bargaining tool for a relationship. If she is set on not having sex until there is something close to love, she should probably work that into one of the beginning conversations.

Just like she has a choice, so do the guys.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-14-2018, 05:52 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OR it may mean she's struggling to keep her hands off him, but she's sensible enough to wait, to make sure he's not an axe murderer, or an arrogant or selfish jerk who would be self-centered in bed.
She specifically stated she fears that sleeping with him will cause him to go away. She specifically stated that she wants to know the man loves her. Is committed to her. I mean, imaginations can run wild, but this came directly from OP.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:03 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh come on some ax murderers can be real lady killers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships