Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 06:46 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times

Advertisements

Somewhere in between, but a slight lean towards faster. I'd rather wait a little bit of time and build something with someone so that when we do have sex, it is high quality sex. There is less of a point to rushing into mediocre sex. I would rather have good sex that keeps a woman wanting more from me. I like having sex with the same person over an extended period of time.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:59 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,411,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
you not afraid another guy will seal the deal if you take things slow ?
If a girl strays at that point, I'd want nothing to do with her anyway. Not the kind of people I want in my life...

I'm out of the game a LONG time and pity the people who have to date in today's environment, but my core philosophy was that I wanted the RIGHT girl, not the first one to put out. I didn't do bedpost notches and it reflected in my dating life (6 total, including my wife whom I met when I was 25 ~ fewer "sealed deals").

Old 03-15-2018, 07:03 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,825,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
"Seal" what deal? Ask for a committed monogamous relationship? Is that what you mean?

If that, slow. I take commitment seriously. I want to know them and know we're on the same page and wanting the same things and there is a good chance of us making it work before entering into a committed relationship.

I'm not worried about other guys. No reason to be. I can't control what other people do, and entering into relationships isn't a competition or a race. If she meets someone she thinks is better for her, power to her.
Yes seal the deal as in commitment. Well you answered it pretty comprehensively already .

Old 03-15-2018, 07:09 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
Some of both. If I believe she's relationship material, I want to agree to exclusivity ASAP. Then, I'll take my time to truly get to know her and decide on long term potential. I always suggest dating a year, then living together a year, and only then deciding about marriage (if that's what you both want), followed by a long engagement (a year, anyway).

Of course, at any time after becoming exclusive (up to the wedding date), if a deal breaker issue is discovered, I'll end it.

If by seal the deal, you just mean sex, then anytime after the first date is fine with me - I prefer not to on the first date, but if she pushes for it and I'm attracted to her, I will. That does not mean that there is any future potential, however - I need a few dates minimum to believe that it could be possible.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Fast for me. If it doesn't happen quickly it's not going to happen at all. Come to think of it, all my girlfriends were first date hits. No wait, there was one that I became friends with on first meeting in college. We hung out together until her bf dumped her and then she fell into my arms. I think she had a thing for me all along.
I agree with the statement if it doesn’t happen quickly it isn’t going to happen

Old 03-15-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
If a girl strays at that point, I'd want nothing to do with her anyway. Not the kind of people I want in my life...

I'm out of the game a LONG time and pity the people who have to date in today's environment, but my core philosophy was that I wanted the RIGHT girl, not the first one to put out. I didn't do bedpost notches and it reflected in my dating life (6 total, including my wife whom I met when I was 25 ~ fewer "sealed deals").
Well i dont think it is considered straying if the relationship is not defined at that point .

Old 03-15-2018, 07:15 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
If she can be taken that easily by another guy, her a$& ain’t for me and wasn’t for me. It’s that simple.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:18 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,411,984 times
Quote:
Well i dont think it is considered straying if the relationship is not defined at that point .

The point is, if she picked someone over me, it's no loss.

Every guy, everyONE, should want to be with a person who chooses them over all others.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:34 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
If you're afraid someone else will seal the deal before your, there's no deal.

Are you people adults or middle schoolers?

Old 03-15-2018, 07:42 AM

I myself do not expect anyone to forgo options while keeping your own options open ..

That’s just me though ..you are entitled to your own opinions.

No sure if anyone here will get the drift ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships