Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 07:44 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,825,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
The point is, if she picked someone over me, it's no loss.

Every guy, everyONE, should want to be with a person who chooses them over all others.
Provided you give the other party reassurance ..

Old 03-15-2018, 07:52 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,411,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I myself do not expect anyone to forgo options while keeping your own options open ..

No sure if anyone here will get the drift ..

You want to sleep around? That's what it sounds like to me.

No worries, plenty of guys will be glad to oblige for a few weeks.... I would caution you though. There are several studies that show the more partners a woman has, the less happy/more depressed she becomes (relationship stability suffers too, higher turn-over). And most guys worth having Long-term don't want a girl who's been running marathons around the block, should you decide you want to settle down at some point later in life. It's the effect/result end of the equation. Fine if you know it and make the decision anyway, but I mention it because lots of people Don't know it.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:10 PM

424 posts, read 236,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
When it comes to relationships with woman , are you the type who like to seal the deal fast or take things slow??

If possible elaborate a bit
I go for sex quickly but I'm not looking for a committed relationship.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:

No worries, plenty of guys will be glad to oblige for a few weeks.... I would caution you though. There are several studies that show the more partners a woman has, the less happy/more depressed she becomes (relationship stability suffers too, higher turn-over). And most guys worth having Long-term don't want a girl who's been running marathons around the block, should you decide you want to settle down at some point later in life. It's the effect/result end of the equation. Fine if you know it and make the decision anyway, but I mention it because lots of people Don't know it.
Completely agree with this.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:26 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
Completely agree with this.
Are you the same person? There can't be two thinking like this

Old 03-15-2018, 12:36 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
It depends. In my past, the relationships developed fairly quickly or never. However with the lady I eventually married we took it very slowly. We came from different backgrounds and our relationship simply evolved to something more than just friendship.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:06 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
No rules on the timing. It varies as much as the variety of people on the planet.

Personally, I'd rather get a good feel for the situation, understand the other person, and understand the inter-dynamics of the two people 'mix' before plunging into something that might be really stupid. If it's meant to be, and "we'd" be together from then on, a few weeks or even months is nearly nothing compared to the long streak of time.

Rushing into things seems short-sighted and immature, but that's just my opinion. Seems like the faster people want to go, the less they're thinking about the big picture and what makes sense, and are more just wanting to get their rocks off LOL. They're fooling themselves to call it a relationship. Better to be honest and call it a lust gratification or something.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Are you the same person? There can't be two thinking like this
LOL do you know any guys? I really don't know one that doesn't think this way.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:49 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
LOL do you know any guys? I really don't know one that doesn't think this way.
'Fraid so, Oh-eve. We are what we are. But all is not lost - as you know.

You know, not all men think poorly of a woman who has the same desires as they do. In fact - we love them!

Old 03-16-2018, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
'Fraid so, Oh-eve. We are what we are. But all is not lost - as you know.

You know, not all men think poorly of a woman who has the same desires as they do. In fact - we love them!
LOL yeah, I'm definitely not one to kiss women's asses or to seek their approval. If a girl wants to be promiscuous, good for her. I'd gladly sleep with her.

But I wouldn't settle down with her. If you'd like to marry the girl after I sleep with her, have at it, friend. That's all you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships