Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 11:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,111 times

Advertisements

I won't use his name or anything, but he's a Native American actor, model, speaker, and entertainer. He's absolutely gorgeous and I think I have feelings for him. Granted me and him have never met and talked, but I follow him on Facebook and I want to date him.

Just a few days ago, he actually moved into my hometown and I want to try and pursue him. The only bummer is that he has 19,000 followers on Facebook and I need to stand out from them somehow. Not to mention that he's constantly traveling around the country, and even outside the country. There's also this other guy who I go to school with. He's just a regular guy and I also have something of a crush on him and he likes me as well. Do I sound crazy for wanting to pursue a relationship with this celeb, or do you think this is a good idea? Or should I just stick with regular, more attainable people like the guy at school?

Old 03-17-2018, 12:15 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
You are young, and your experiences are normal. The celeb is a fantasy. The guy at school a more realistic prize to obtain. But please be advised that neither may be in the cards for you. There may be someone else some years away that holds the keys to your heart.

There is nothing wrong with fantasies. They help us pass the time until reality comes out of the shadows. I suggest you have fun, dream on, and simply let life happen. Life always does happen.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:16 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
If you happen to have mutual friends with the celebrity or he eats at your neighborhood diner or he joins the club where you are a trainer and you actually meet him in person, and you are of similar age, similar backgrounds, similar finances, have many things in common, etc. then you could consider getting to know him better. But, frankly, what are the odds of any of those things happening? Probably pretty slim.

Also, most celebrities have groupies and it would be a million to one shot that you would stand out from the crowd (or at least a 19,000 to one shot) unless you have an "in" such as he is good friends with your brother or he attends your tiny church or you are in the same small club or small volunteer organization. It is fun to dream but it probably isn't realistic.

I suggest that you date your friend at school. And, if that does not work out date other people who are similar to you.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:37 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
You are young, and your experiences are normal. The celeb is a fantasy. The guy at school a more realistic prize to obtain. But please be advised that neither may be in the cards for you. There may be someone else some years away that holds the keys to your heart.

There is nothing wrong with fantasies. They help us pass the time until reality comes out of the shadows. I suggest you have fun, dream on, and simply let life happen. Life always does happen.

This,

plus you don't know this person in any way.....admire him but enjoy those around you who have interest in you...

Old 03-17-2018, 12:47 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
It's not crazy, but it's not realistic.

You don't know him. It's a crush. Try to get to know him, sure, to see what he's like. But you can't say you want to date him if you've never even spoken to him.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:16 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
Celebrities are safe crushes since they will never come to fruition.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:17 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
he has 19,000 followers on Facebook and I need to stand out from them somehow.

And how do you think you could do that?
Find out where he is going to be and fall down in front of him or something?
Don't really try that. You may only be part of a heap of other girls trying the same thing.
A pile of young females is not really a pretty picture....more embarrassing than anything.

Stalking in any way is also not advised.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:25 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
He's just a regular guy and I also have something of a crush on him and he likes me as well. Do I sound crazy for wanting to pursue a relationship with this celeb, or do you think this is a good idea? Or should I just stick with regular, more attainable people like the guy at school?
How can he "like you as well" if you've never met him? Liking a post on social media is not indicative of a real interaction. That you're talking about guys at school means you're young. This is just a crush. There's very little likelihood that this handsome model and actor is looking for a relationship with a teenager (he might want something, but it's not going to be holding hands.)

Old 03-17-2018, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
How can he "like you as well" if you've never met him? Liking a post on social media is not indicative of a real interaction. That you're talking about guys at school means you're young. This is just a crush. There's very little likelihood that this handsome model and actor is looking for a relationship with a teenager (he might want something, but it's not going to be holding hands.)
I'm referring to two different guys, one at school and the celeb. Sorry if it was worded poorly.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:34 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
I dated a very well known professional baseball player... the fantasy I'd built up in my head was wayyyy better than the reality that I experienced while dating him..... just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships