Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 01:26 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times

Advertisements

I think it’s up to you and who’s judgment you trust. My family never approved initially of any of my gfs in high school. I don’t care about my family’s opinion nor value it. I told them to pound sand and dated who I wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 03:46 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Wait, so you are moving in with a freeloading guy who won't even bone you?

Why so self-destructive? What are you trying to prove to yourself, that this is all you deserve? Get a grip.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:52 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradog123 View Post
Hello i have been dating a guy for a year now. I love him very much and im really happy. However my mom thinks he is an "ok" guy but feels i could do better. Her reasoning is because he is lazy, has an u steady job and she has no respect for someone that doesnt even try at life. She isnt wrong at what she says. I agree with her. However that doesnt take away my love for him. She feels down the road i will be unhappy and wont put up with it. She feels im.making a mistake. She supports me but it scares me because i know she is right. I wouldnt be surprised when we move in together if i get irritated at his laziness and lack of a good job and tired of supporting him. Im afraid to continue only to get heart broken. My mom knows me well and wouldnt steer me wrong but i am not wanting to give up on him. I feel i need to try living with him to see how it will be to determine on my own. Mom thinks he will be a supportive loving man to me only because he wants what i have...a great job, makes good money, nice house etc. I dont get that from him but am I love blind? Im afraid to get hurt but im torn at what to do.

Are you saying you KNOW he's lazy? Or are you saying you suspect your mom knows more about it than you do?

IF you know he's lazy, what are his positive qualities that will help off-set that for you?

Me personally, I don't think I could tolerate living with someone who's absolutely no help. But, everyone is different, so there must be something about him that you find endearing and loveable.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:10 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Tara, you're in for trouble.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:04 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Tara, you're in for trouble.
I suspect that on some level, she knows this. The question is, why is she over-riding her better judgment, and telling herself she's in love with this guy?

Old 03-20-2018, 09:30 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradog123 View Post
... it scares me because i know she is right.
She is right. It sucks, but it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

You don't need to listen to your mom. Listen to yourself. Read your words.
Yep.

Taradog, WHY do you think you keep staying with him, even though YOU know it isn't right for you? Stop thinking about your mom and just picture your future with him. You know the deal. Listen to your gut.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:55 PM

115 posts, read 92,032 times
I thought it was going to be "cause he's black" thread. I'm disappointed. OP, it sounds like you don't approve of him either because of his laziness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships