Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 11:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Hahaha grab bags?! Aren't people just bizzare? Walking around undiagnosed.
Yeah, they seem fun and interesting....then that actually turns into "oh oh he really is crazy".

Maybe your stalker guy and one of my kooky OLD guys could "hustle" together, one was working on an patent for his invention. It was top secret: fill shot gun shells with seasonings, so that the animal would be injected with flavor immediately when hit. He whispered about it to me at the food court.
Omg, that sounds hilarious. You could have Thai shots, Indian shots, Moroccan shots and Greek shots. And don’t forget the glaze option - for paintball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 06:53 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
It depends upon the way in which the "no" is delivered.
Ha!
I've never been anything but nice, but that really shouldn't matter. This is a scary post.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:58 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Omg, that sounds hilarious. You could have Thai shots, Indian shots, Moroccan shots and Greek shots. And don’t forget the glaze option - for paintball.

When you read this post without the quote it was responding to, the visuals were fantastic.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:39 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Heh. I think it’s a common occurrence growing up in NYC to get followed or at least cursed at after turning someone down while walking around. Once you hit your teens, it’s a wrap. Not every time of course, but enough that it no longer seems unusual.

When I was in college there was a rash of women getting punched or shot in nightclubs for turning men down. I remember being very nervous in clubs at that time.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:56 AM

20,391 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Not really.

Mostly because we are not mind readers.

Like if I say a nice, or "soft" no to one guy, trying not to hurt his feelings because he's a human being and all, he might decide that my no is something he can talk me out of, if he tries harder. Guys ask women for reasons they're being turned down, unfortunately so that they can try and craft some sort of a debate to change our minds (which...just does not work, and no one should be doing it.) Women don't want to deal with this nonsense.

Say a firmer and less ambiguous "NO" without an explanation or excuse? And you're being mean, a b-word, hurting the guy's ego, you deserve to be insulted or worse, punished.

There is no right way to do it, because the fact remains regardless that we are telling a man an answer he DOES NOT WANT TO HEAR.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:00 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
I haven't read all of posts, but yes, some men are not capable if taking No for an answer. They usually are called, Stalkers, Rapists and/or Murderers.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:01 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
No means No.

Don't know why guys try to twist the "No" into a "Maybe"....

I recommend that you give as little personal information as possible until you get to know a person. Don't know why people give out their primary phone number so readily. In the end, they are strangers... doesn't matter how attractive they are. My bartender friend deals with this a lot. Fortunately nothing scary like assault or stalking... just guys who constantly ask her out... and don't take no for an answer. One of the guys asked why she spends so much time with me.... I said, I talk to her like a person and hold interesting conversations. Like actually treat her as a person... not a set of boobs, legs, and pretty face.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:05 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
No means No.

Don't know why guys try to twist the "No" into a "Maybe"....
I don't think that's what Frihed meant. I think he was referring to a "no" delivered politely, vs. a rude "no". The latter is more likely to raise ire, obviously. But what he may not understand, is that even a polite "no, thank you", can result in some guys going ballistic.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:06 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
I am now in contact with the former "NOT" other woman. She wants nothing to do with him, but he is stalking her, sending her emails, knocking on her door at 4:45 am, in the morning. He tries to find out whee she works. Etc. Etc. Etc.
He is a case of adult Aspergers.
I don't understand. Why are you not leaving him? Why doesn't she get a restraining order?

Aspergers makes people stalk others and then lie to the wife?

This is a bizzarre situation, why do you not get out of it? This must be unbearable. I am sorry you have to go through that.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:11 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't think that's what Frihed meant. I think he was referring to a "no" delivered politely, vs. a rude "no". The latter is more likely to raise ire, obviously. But what he may not understand, is that even a polite "no, thank you", can result in some guys going ballistic.
Ah.. thanks for clarifying.

A firm No (without being rude) seems work for most guys... at least it does with those that I know. The ones that constantly keep coming back won't make a difference... its a problem with the quality of men in a dating pool.

My bartender friend works in a lower class bar that tends to bring in lower quality men. So its no surprise that she deals with guys that don't take no for an answer. Fortunately, it doesn't go much beyond trying to ask her out all the time. We get a flow of professionals too... they usually don't give her trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships