Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 06:56 PM

100 posts, read 59,486 times

Advertisements

my gf texted me and told me that she's having a coworker move in to help her with rent and asked me to get my belongings. guess she forgot that it's my name on the lease. i don't even care at this point. as long as she pays the rent on time and doesn't screw up my credit by letting her dog chew up the carpet. i just need to find a place to live now.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:00 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,296,653 times
Let me get this straight, okay?

You went to a place with an enemy type "friend" to get drunk and watch stranger women dance naked.

What's wrong with this picture?

Strip joint.
Drunk.
Ex girlfriend happens to work/be there.
Went with friend, now dubbed enemy type person, who falsely(?) ratted you out to your girlfriend.

This is a recipe for disaster- like a guy who plays Russian roulette with a real bullet in the chamber.

Dumb. Plain and simple.

All I have to say is that it's best to stay away from the booze, naked women, and enemy pals.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:00 PM

534 posts, read 488,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominoLibra View Post
believe me, I know how complicated my life is right now. and it sucks that my work life and personal life are so intermingled. I always give people the benefit of the doubt, which has ended up hurting me a few times. This is one of those times. I guess I just need to harden myself, like my dad has always told me to do.
If you have a lot of negative momentum going in your life, if your life is resembling a season of "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret", the best thing to do is stop accelerating and let the momentum start to slow way down. Don't try to fix anything, don't engage with any of these people outside of the absolutely necessary (professional/work); just get very very quiet and focus mentally as much as you can on what you want going forward.

Drama has an incredible way of disappearing into the ether as soon as you stop engaging in it. This includes your own mind. Regarding your girlfriend, I'm sure you've already begged your case enough...going quiet and not engaging in any further drama is a much better way to get her attention again, then trying to win her back. Let go of the whole situation to the best that you can, and things will start to get better, I'm certain. The more you engage, the more it keeps going. Stop engaging, and things will shift.

I hope it works out just as you wish!

Old 03-22-2018, 07:05 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
we've been together almost 2 years. the past 6 months have been pretty rocky though due to office politics. me, this supposed friend and my gf all work together, along with most of our friends. half of which now despise me because of unrelated office drama having to do with a recent promotion.
What a nightmare.

I hope it's a good job. They don't sound like nice people.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
my gf texted me and told me that she's having a coworker move in to help her with rent and asked me to get my belongings. guess she forgot that it's my name on the lease. i don't even care at this point. as long as she pays the rent on time and doesn't screw up my credit by letting her dog chew up the carpet. i just need to find a place to live now.
Uh ... no.

Don't leave. Tell her you'll file a police report for burglary if she moves your stuff. That's BS.

She could easily wreck your credit out if revenge. DO NOT move out.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typical_guinea_pig View Post
If you have a lot of negative momentum going in your life, if your life is resembling a season of "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret", the best thing to do is stop accelerating and let the momentum start to slow way down. Don't try to fix anything, don't engage with any of these people outside of the absolutely necessary (professional/work); just get very very quiet and focus mentally as much as you can on what you want going forward.

Drama has an incredible way of disappearing into the ether as soon as you stop engaging in it. Regarding your girlfriend, I'm sure you've already begged your case enough...going quiet and not engaging in any further drama is a much better way to get her attention again, then trying to win her back. Let go of the whole situation to the best that you can, and things will start to get better, I'm certain. The more you engage, the more it keeps going. Stop engaging, and things will shift.

I hope it works out just as you wish!
this is almost word for word what my parents told me.

Things are chaotic right now. But logistically speaking, i'm on a good path. I just got an amazing promotion at work that was given in great part because I had better character than the other guy pushing for the job. When I'm at work, all I want to do is work and give the patients the absolute best care possible.

Unfortunately, there's no way to avoid the drama. Especially when you have young men and women working and competing with one enough to achieve success. I have always steered clear of the drama. But this time I'm right in the middle of it. I didn't realize how devious and malicious people can be, the same people who smile to your face.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Uh ... no.

Don't leave. Tell her you'll file a police report for burglary if she moves your stuff. That's BS.

I can't do this. I work with her, in the same department. If I filed a police report against her, it would be creating a truly hostile work environment.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I can't do this. I work with her, in the same department. If I filed a police report against her, it would be creating a truly hostile work environment.
Good luck.

She's holding you hostage..

Old 03-22-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Good luck.

She's holding you hostage..
I don't think so. She's not going to derail my 5 year plan. I just need this time at my job and to leave with a good reference. Then I can move back to where my family is and get a job there. What I really need to do is calm things down at work and make peace with the guy who I "stepped over" to get my promotion. Because a lot the hostility at work comes from his "allies." I just need him to call off the dogs. I have no idea how. Especially when my gf is telling everyone what sack of crap I am and how I've got my bosses all fooled into thinking i'm a stand up guy.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:19 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
Uh ... no.

Yup.

You'd be insane to leave and she does not give two craps about your credit score.

She can leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships