Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 03:58 PM

785 posts, read 953,703 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah a girl I knew that lived a few states away we had some sexual tension. She 'ghosted' but because she finally got a BF. She will still like/stalk my stuff. Honestly glad she's happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 05:20 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,717,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I find it strange that people care if someone watches their videos. I find it strange that these sites keep track of who watches your videos as well.
You will continue to find it strange because this social media craze did not influence your life as much as younger generations.

It is what it is. Times have changed.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:36 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,039 times
I occasionally see the lady that ghosted me. I have a pretty good idea of why she ghosted me too. (fresh out of another relationship, things were unfinished, she lived far away).

Now, I see her around, but we don't say anything to each other. I don't reach out. She ghosted me, she is going to have to be the one to reopen the lines of communication.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:15 PM

34 posts, read 30,812 times
Yes I have been ghosted and no he has not come back.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:34 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,279,929 times
Ghosting = I found someone more stimulating than you thus I don't need to talk to you right now. Response... If they for some reason start bombing you asking for another chance, since they've proven so quickly they are looking to trade up to the next exciting thing, they are good for plate material only. If you want to reply to them to get sex, by all means do so. However, you should not take the relationship beyond that to anything serious. If you think ignoring a person is good enough revenge, you could drag them along with empty promises and then step on them when they are most vulnerable. I don't recommend this, however it is a possible strategy... both sexes certainly do it to each other... dangle empty promises and string a person along...

Old 03-23-2018, 09:44 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I've been ghosted a few times and one tried to call me back so I did the correct thing and blocked her number.

I have zero tolerance for flakes and ghosters.
This. Once I was ghosted after a couple of dates - the second date we ended up in bed. Guess I just wasn't good enough for her. But I've also been ghosted after the first initial date. She doesn't want to contact me, or return my call, NEXT!

Old 03-23-2018, 10:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,303,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
This. Once I was ghosted after a couple of dates - the second date we ended up in bed. Guess I just wasn't good enough for her. But I've also been ghosted after the first initial date. She doesn't want to contact me, or return my call, NEXT!
And they'll usually come up with some crappy excuse.

At that point I no longer care, have a nice life.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:55 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
If so what was the circumstance?

Seems like people use ghosting to not give a hard talk about being relationship ready, interest, etc. Of course some people come back when the grass isn't always greener.

I'm not talking about 1-2 dates and you two coming to the conclusion that you two weren't compatible. I'm talking about multiple dates which encompassed some level of intimacy and then POOF. Gone.

I've had a girl I was talking to a few weeks due to scheduling. We finally met and we acted on our sexual chemistry. One night stand. Later she start ignoring my text until about week later I asked what was up. She basically said she felt I wanted to settle down now which she was saying she wasn't ready for a relationship.

I've ghosted one girl because she legit cussed me out and called me 20+ times in a row. A few months later we matched again and I apologized b/c I was going through a rough time myself. I also told her why we were incompatible.

My more recent one I posted about a doctor which I think it's more of a slow fade even though we've been intimate and talked for several weeks.

So let's here it. 9/10 out of us has experienced this at least once.
I’ve never been ghosted, although I think it depends on the definition. There have definitely been a few times where I’ve gone out with a girl multiple times over the course of a month or so, but we were still not official and eventually it just slowly fades (communication less frequent). Then eventually no further plans are made, but it’s not like either person reached out and was completely ignored (i.e. not returning text or calls). It was more just a slow fade, as you said.

I consider ghosting when you are going out frequently, and communicating frequently to the point that you are moving towards a relationship or have actually begun the relationship. Then if someone just completely ignores you and does not return text/calls, that is ghosting to me. That has never happened to me. There have been a couple times where communication slows down and eventually stops with no further plans made, but I don’t consider that ghosting. The girl would still return texts/calls but you can tell the spark/interest has faded, so it slowly ends. I have done that myself too.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:34 AM

24,605 posts, read 9,442,839 times
Yup, sometimes they come back, sometimes they don’t.

But it rarely ends in a healthy successful relationship

Old 03-24-2018, 07:17 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,106,634 times
After four years of radio silence, which began while my mother was dying and I could really have used a shoulder, it's safe to say she's not coming back.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I will never let myself care again.

People only hurt you if you let them. I let her hurt me time and time again and she probably didn't even realise what she was doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships