Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 03:51 PM

199 posts, read 128,730 times

Advertisements

They say in naive since I feel he really loves. They only knew each other a few months when she was and got married within a year when they found out she is terminal. Why would he be using her? He will have a lot of medical bills I tell them, why would he take that on if he didn’t love her? and they said a terminal illness gets your mortgage paid off and he could be using her for that. I googled it but didn’t really find a legit website to prove that. They think it’s fake that he posts pics of her without hair and saying how beautiful she is. I can understand how people might think is strange but I try to give him the benefit of the doubt. Am I naive or are they too cynical?

Moderator note, 15 June 2018: A second thread on this same topic has been merged into this thread.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-15-2018 at 09:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 04:24 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,779,388 times
Much too cynical. She's lucky to have such a guy.

Apparently, he thinks he's lucky too.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:34 AM

I definitely agree.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:54 AM

Default Marrying someone with terminal cancer?

My course got divorced, met someone and about 6 months later she was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. Did 6 months of chemo but it spread to her abdomen and bones. Around that time she got married. Small quick wedding that barley anyone knew about. Let her kids live with her ex and move away from her family who she is close with to a place 2 hours away where her husband and family live (She has her kids on weekends and he has kids as well). There is a lot of suspicion about this but I have given it the benefit of the doubt. I mean what ulterior motive can he have? She isn’t rich or anything and he does seem to love her. I wonder if he is stuck with all medical bills when she passes?

She is trying more treatments, going to different dr’s and trials to prolong her life. I would think the bills would be astronomical even with insurance? So I am not sure why some of the family has suspicions. They say “He is a young (he is 36 and she is 43), good looking guy who can have anyone”. Well my cousin is beautiful and she still is. They also think is strange that he posts pics of her saying how she is is inspiration and he loves he so much etc....it’s a little over the top but I just can’t imagine he would marry a sick women, take on all her medical bills etc....if he didn’t really love her? Or am I missing something.

Last edited by Joanna4k; 06-10-2018 at 06:04 AM..

Old 06-10-2018, 07:42 AM

503 posts, read 1,451,241 times
I think it could be legit. True love.

Maybe they are thinking Life Insurance Policy?

Old 06-10-2018, 07:45 AM

But you can’t get a life insurance policy if you are already sick?

Old 06-10-2018, 07:52 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,761,388 times
Remember this thread?

My friend with cancer just got married and the family thinks he is using her? [MERGED]

Why does it bother you so much?

Old 06-10-2018, 07:56 AM

8,920 posts, read 7,693,227 times
Sis, let it go.

It's none of your business. They are clearly not worried about you or what you're doing, so why can't you do the same? Your cousin is dying for God's sake. Stop being petty.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:01 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,071,008 times
Maybe you can get a life insurance policy if you are already sick. Maybe someone is gambling someone else will live a year or two longer.

Although the divorce probably upset the kids, they would still be upset from watching what their mom has been going through with the chemo, and not getting good feedback from diagnostics, and slowly dying right in front of their eyes, and there is absolutely nothing they can do to help stop it. It's hard for an adult to take and process on a daily basis, and probably even more devastating for a child.

In that sense, losing her via divorce may leave them bitter about it, but they have time to slowly let her go before the inevitable happens. Her death should not be as hard of a blow to them as it otherwise would be were she home with them daily. Then again, if they are looking for two miracles - mom gets well, and mom and dad get back together it could be just as bad.

In the end, I think if your cousin doesn't do what she wants now, she will never have the opportunity to, and people change with chemo treatment, and being told, or realizing, they are going to die. You could say that even though she is normal etc, in a way, she is not in her right mind.

I wish all of them the best. There is no right or wrong here. As the old folks used to say, its gods will.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:25 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,111,706 times
You should be glad she has someone by her side helping take care of her instead of being so suspicious. Terminal cancer is a very sad and difficult journey, both for the person dying and for the loved ones to see it happening. At least while her time is winding down she's not having to go through it alone. At least she will leave this life feeling loved and supported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships