Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 12:25 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,205,244 times

Advertisements

Never pass within reach of each other without touching as you go by.

One day I was stopped at a highway rest area, and another car pulled in, to change drivers. A man and woman, with a couple of kids in the back. When they each got out and walked around the front of the car, they touched hands as they passed. I wanted to run over and give them a gold star.

That was maybe 30 years ago. I just know they are still together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 11:08 PM

1,485 posts, read 953,788 times
The best pre-marriage advice I know of is: DON'T GET MARRIED.

What's in it for you?

Old 05-09-2018, 02:27 AM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominoLibra View Post
Right, because 30 years ago it was perfectly normal to pull up and online menu of available women and start trying a different flavor every week. To suggest that the dating scene hasn't been cheapened just like most human interactions have, thanks to social media and dating apps, seems to be a conscious effort to draw criticism away from oneself.

Dating is no longer real courtship, as it used to be. Courtship had a purpose; to find a spouse. Now though, it's purpose is to find someone to have fun with for a little while. As a result, relationships and people have become disposable, easily discarded fun toys. "Well, he/she isn't fun anymore, guess I'll move onto the next." Then people wonder why they're 30, 35, 40, 45 years old and alone. How do you find a meaningful relationship in a society that has removed all of the important components of human interaction and replaced them with texting, emojis and instagram feeds?
Ouch! The truth sure does hurt, but whoomp, there it is.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:04 AM

17,601 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Pick your battles carefully. Is it really worth fighting over? I tend to give my wife her small victories on things that are overall not really that important. But when it is important I put my foot down and firmly explain why it’s important. To her it may be a little thing but to me it’s very important. Some examples include always locking all car doors, never leaving anything of value inside the car passenger compartment, always lock the deadbolt on the home door, always clean the clothes dryer lint screen before use. The theme of this list is her personal safety.

Another thing to keep in mind is the small things you do for one another as a show of affection. Affection isn’t just physical sex. It can be small things like calling home before getting off work to see if she needs something from the store on your way home, doing dishes even if she didn’t ask you, turning off the TV and phones to talk about each other’s day, offering to cook a meal for each other, and many other small things all add up. Sometimes getting up just to give her a warm gentle hug is all she needs.

When it comes to finances never make major purchases without talking with spouse first. What defines a major purchase depends on you and your financial stability. For us a major purchase is non-grocery purchase of more than $50. Even below that we still talk about most non-grocery purchases.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:26 AM

340 posts, read 272,111 times
You can date, have LTR, FWB,ONS,etc but don't get married. Marriage is a failed institution!

Old 10-24-2018, 01:40 AM

1 posts, read 265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious890 View Post
My boyfriend and I sat down with his brother (who is unfortunately getting divorced) and he said something that stuck in my mind, “small things that bother you seem small now, but they will be magnified once married, so sort it out beforehand.” That was good advice, and I am curious to hear more from those who are married!

Ideas:
Things you discussed or wished you discussed prior to marriage
Things you wish you had known about the other person
Lessons learned
Regrets
Differences that became dealbreakers
Family matters
yeah, that's a true experience people can give us more knowledge in whatever topic we want. like u said on marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships