Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should I date this guy or not?
Yes, why not? 4 19.05%
No, are you cray cray? 17 80.95%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 09:05 AM

147 posts, read 79,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I would've never characterized you as a child. It's just, sometimes, when it comes to relationships, we can't see the forest for the trees. When we're steeped in the middle of things...it's hard to be objective.

Outside voices (us forum folk) can often see past the details to the core issues. That's all. That's why it helps to talk to other people.
Absolutely true, and I wanted to say that but I was worried I may upset others, that when you’re in the midst of it it’s not easy to see heads from tails so what seems like denial is just really unclarity and confusion, so I really appreciate everyone and those who took the time to really dissect things for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 09:42 AM

93 posts, read 63,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelBeach View Post
Ugh. You’re probably right. It doesn’t seem like he’s 100% ready to let it die cause he hasn’t blocked her or even told her not to message him again (even though she’s initiating not him)

But why? Why isn’t he just moving on? I don’t want to generalize but I know some men who get over breakups so fast and the next person they date sticks. It’s usually women who feel stuck, not all women but many.
That's not always the case in my experience. It varies from relationship to relationship. I was literally just in the SAME situation you are in now (except I was the guy). Let's just say it didn't end well for the girl on the side because it took me way longer than I thought it would to completely cut things off and move on from my ex - so just be careful!

Old 03-29-2018, 10:30 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Honestly I’m worried about his stability now. He said he was a wreck for days, still talking to her but hooking up. .
I said I was done but good grief! Don't go there!

Old 03-29-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I said I was done but good grief! Don't go there!
What do you mean!? Haha don’t be done!

Old 03-29-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrodriguez View Post
That's not always the case in my experience. It varies from relationship to relationship. I was literally just in the SAME situation you are in now (except I was the guy). Let's just say it didn't end well for the girl on the side because it took me way longer than I thought it would to completely cut things off and move on from my ex - so just be careful!
Wow, what a story! Thank you for sharing. Do you now realize what kept you hooked to the past and unable to move on? It’s strange that when I look at my past I see the answers so clearly but when I’m in it, it’s all muddled and tangled.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:09 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,312 times
Go ahead and have fun with him but don't get too attached. He just broke up with his ex 6 weeks ago. They could make up and get back together and then your feelings will be hurt.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:11 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrodriguez View Post
It happened to me. He ended up marrying her....but still trying to be with me on the side. He had some nerve!

Old 03-29-2018, 11:13 AM

93 posts, read 63,869 times
Quote:
Wow, what a story! Thank you for sharing. Do you now realize what kept you hooked to the past and unable to move on? It’s strange that when I look at my past I see the answers so clearly but when I’m in it, it’s all muddled and tangled.
I could probably write a small book on the topic, haha.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:21 PM

271 posts, read 257,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Go ahead and have fun with him but don't get too attached. He just broke up with his ex 6 weeks ago. They could make up and get back together and then your feelings will be hurt.
She's already attached, look how messy the whole situation is. She's not going to be with him and not be hurt if he goes back to the ex. Her emotions are already a hot mess.

Why can't people ever see the forest for the trees!! Take some time and start a new relationship with someone who is ready to date YOU and is not interested in the day to day activities of his ex!!

Old 03-29-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethewinter View Post
She's already attached, look how messy the whole situation is. She's not going to be with him and not be hurt if he goes back to the ex. Her emotions are already a hot mess.

Why can't people ever see the forest for the trees!! Take some time and start a new relationship with someone who is ready to date YOU and is not interested in the day to day activities of his ex!!
They already cut contact. Also take it easy. This isn’t a football game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships