U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: How often do you masturbate?
Never 5 15.63%
1-2x Week 8 25.00%
3-4x Week 6 18.75%
5-7x Week 6 18.75%
>7x Week 7 21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:56 AM

455 posts, read 981,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
If she does not have luck with most forms of birth control she should look into the IUD.

As for the rest, why can't she do that for you? You don't have to answer.. just something to think about.
I had also suggested an IUD, but she's worried that it presents a higher risk of birth defects should it fail.

And for the rest, I don't get to see her alone for more than a couple of hours per week (typically late Saturday nights). She lives at home, her mom is having medical problems (and therefore spends a large chunk of time with her, becoming less and less independent), she's trying to take care of her son, and spending most evenings at the gym (I join her just so I'm able to see her for the 15 minute drive to get there and back). So when we do get alone time, half of it is spent trying to have quality (non-sex) time the other half of the time, we try to have sex, but it's either a failure due to the condom situation or being interrupted by her mom calling about something.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 AM

455 posts, read 981,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnycakes View Post
Some married guys would strongly disagree with this.
Statistically speaking, according to many different studies, the frequency of male masturbation is roughly equivalent to the frequency of intercourse for the same individual. (Ie - a man who masturbates 3 times weekly, statistically has sex 3 times weekly as well).

Additionally, there are multiple studies that have determined that the sexual relationship in a marriage is significantly better/healthier when both the man and woman in the marriage masturbate regularly (not necessarily together).

Old 03-26-2008, 09:23 AM

167 posts, read 315,766 times
I am am in the 5-7 week category, am a woman. Do not feel that it is odd or weird in any way, nor has it ever been a factor in any relationship I have had. I am 33, this has been my pattern since puberty.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:31 AM

7,673 posts, read 8,122,553 times
Not to get off topic, but your gf could try different bc pills because there are a lot of them out there, and IUD's aren't what they used to be either. Also, she could get a diaphragm (Sp?) which is very reliable when used correctly. She should talk to her OB/GYN or local Planned Parenthood to see what her options are.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:19 PM

549 posts, read 1,226,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
If you are in a relationship there is no acceptable reason to indulge yourself in this manner.
It usually bothers me when someone tells me what actions of mine are and aren't acceptable. This comment's no different. I'm perfectly capable of distinguishing between right and wrong.

But uh, to further refute the comment I'll come back with what if the couple are in an abstinent relationship? What if one of the two has a lower sex drive than the other? Should these people just bite the bullet, dump the person they're with (even if they're married), guilt their partner into sex, or cheat? If I missed an option, feel free to chime in.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:41 PM

7,126 posts, read 13,809,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
I had also suggested an IUD, but she's worried that it presents a higher risk of birth defects should it fail.
I had one for 5 years. I was not able to take the pill back then, and things like the sponge also did not work for me. The IUD for me anyway, was a really good choice and your GF won't know if it's right for her until she tries it. Do a google search, there's a few products out there. Her GYN can tell her which one would be best for her.

As for birth defects, where did she read that? I just did the google search, it says premature birth.

Quote:
And for the rest, I don't get to see her alone for more than a couple of hours per week (typically late Saturday nights). She lives at home, her mom is having medical problems (and therefore spends a large chunk of time with her, becoming less and less independent), she's trying to take care of her son, and spending most evenings at the gym (I join her just so I'm able to see her for the 15 minute drive to get there and back). So when we do get alone time, half of it is spent trying to have quality (non-sex) time the other half of the time, we try to have sex, but it's either a failure due to the condom situation or being interrupted by her mom calling about something.
How serious are you two? What I am reading is you seem like you are trying to work with her. Apparently she has a sitter when she goes to the gym, if that is the case, why can't she blow off the gym one night a week for you?

Quote:
My issue is that condoms completely stop the mojo. It's like saying "juggle 3 torches, while driving a car, but don't take your hands off the wheel". The sensitivity thing doesn't improve much even with the thinner ones, plus, with those we tend to break right through them.
Have you always had this problem or is it something new after being able to not worry about BC?

I have a 23 year old son that was raised by a single parent; he wouldn't think to trust a girl to take BC. He's also worried about STD's. I know he won't use just any brand, he sticks to Trojan, says those are the best.

Sounds like you both need to do some bending though. Perhaps if she checked out the IUD and you tried to stop taking care of it yourself and try to find a brand that works, maybe the two of you can have a nice night. She should also do a little reading on how to help you put them on. If she learned a technique you might not realize she's even doing that.

Have you asked yourself if she enjoys having sex? She might be so stressed out from raising a child that sex is the last thing on her mind.

Good luck. At your age the two of you should be able to enjoy yourselves. Hopefully you two can figure something out. The thought of getting pregnant is a mood killer for some women, but if she wants to have a relationship with someone she's going to need to figure out a way to protect herself. I don't doubt you using a condom in addition to her finding something will make both of your lives better.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:42 PM

165 posts, read 453,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
I ain't pleading sh*t. The pill has some side effects like nausea at first, but it goes away.....so that's no excuse. As far as self-enjoyment, it's fair game, when the two are separated.
Why is separation is a requirement of yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaShay87 View Post
Yeah I answered to the highest frequency. As much as people would like to believe masturbation is a very natural and human activity. It will not hurt your ability to perform. And I must say that people who say they don't....are lying
I am sure that there are many who lie, but not everyone that says they do not are lying... plenty of really sexually repressed people out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
If you are in a relationship there is no acceptable reason to indulge yourself in this manner.
OK, this has to be a joke.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:14 PM

4,182 posts, read 3,941,494 times
I know a guy who would masturbate in bed every night while his wife is asleep next to him. Naturally, the wife would get awakened by all the movement. This behavior went on for months till the wife got so sick of it coz she couldn't sleep. One night, the wife got so p----d off that she called the cops!

Old 03-26-2008, 03:17 PM

2,238 posts, read 6,486,407 times
Quote:

So what are your thoughts on this?

Girls, do you have a problem with guys masturbating?

PS - The poll is private, so you can answer without sacrificing your pride
It's completely normal. As long as you're not damaging anything by the frequency you indulge yourself...then go for it. If it were my boyfriend though...I'd probably want to watch.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:19 PM

603 posts, read 777,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaniac View Post
Why is separation is a requirement of yours?

I am sure that there are many who lie, but not everyone that says they do not are lying... plenty of really sexually repressed people out there.

OK, this has to be a joke.
Seperation meaning that if you're sexually fulfilled, masturbation just don't happen that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships