Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 04:04 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Nothing wrong with the idea itself per se, but the approach would be a huge turn off for me. Picture an icy shower! Things need to floooowww naturally. I remember a warm good-looking body I could've had use of on one occasion... IF ONLY it didn't open up his mouth...
Ouch.. to say "it" in line with "his mouth" .. doesnt sound well at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 04:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Ouch.. to say "it" in line with "his mouth" .. doesnt sound well at all.
Yeah, bad grammar. Should've said "its mouth"!

Old 03-26-2008, 08:59 PM

667 posts, read 2,888,490 times
Ok, I read the whole thing.

First point, the guy is still very bitter from his divorce. I'm about his age, but I've been together with the same woman for over 15 years. The only 'cheating' that I've done is talking to other women. In other words, none at all.

However, even married, where ever I go I get the reputation of being able to talk to any woman. Heck, I've even been described once as in an area, find the most beautiful woman and she'll be talking to me. So how do I do it? His point number 17

Quote:
17) Never, never, never be afraid to approach a female. To reiterate: they all have the same body parts, and they are all composed of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and trace elements. There isn't a single woman on Earth who is "above" you, no matter what her affectations and social pretenses.
And that to his point 12

Quote:
12) The vast majority of men get rejected much more often than they seal the deal. If you are rejected you are simply shooting par. Relax.
In other words, never be afraid to approach someone and know that sometimes you'll receive the cold shoulder or even told to go pound sand. Get shot down? Big deal and move on.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:04 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I really, really, REALLY hope you're kidding....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Haa haa this is a classic... one of those Kodak moments?
Yes, I'm just kidding ... I think. No, I really am.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:52 PM

14 posts, read 62,283 times
The list is really sad. The man who wrote it thinks that women are only good for sexual pleasure. He doesn't value friendship, companionship or compatiblity. It makes me wonder what is the nature of his male/male relationships. He probably just bonds over drinks and talk about sex. It makes me wonder about his family relationships and his desire for his own family. He is perhaps damaged by his short marriage and divorce.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:36 AM

820 posts, read 2,868,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyneth View Post
The list is really sad. The man who wrote it thinks that women are only good for sexual pleasure. He doesn't value friendship, companionship or compatiblity. It makes me wonder what is the nature of his male/male relationships. He probably just bonds over drinks and talk about sex. It makes me wonder about his family relationships and his desire for his own family. He is perhaps damaged by his short marriage and divorce.
Agree totally! This guy concentrates on his opinions that basically deal with sex. Sex is a huge part of a relationship obviously. However, there are many dynamics in addition to sex and before sex. He doesn't address any of those. The guy seems shallow and bitter to me.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:40 AM

545 posts, read 2,043,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
A friend sent me this link about a guy sharing his 25 years of dating wisdom. It's oriented toward women, but some points apply to women as well. What do you fellows think? He makes some really good points. But you can tell he's a bit bitter from divorce.
REPLY: I find number 28 (dont get involved with someone whos a born again Christian) , very interesting. I suppose instead of basing his dating life on the morals and values God instituted, he followed the out of control Cultures way and his feelings which has led to much of his emotional hurts and dismay regarding women. This is what happens when people think they know better than God and have too much pride to follow and live for God and his mandates for successful living.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:49 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,922,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
Agree totally! This guy concentrates on his opinions that basically deal with sex. Sex is a huge part of a relationship obviously. However, there are many dynamics in addition to sex and before sex. He doesn't address any of those. The guy seems shallow and bitter to me.
I know of many other guys who are active daters who can vouch that the list has more truths than one may initially think. Yes, the author seems a little bitter and jaded from bad experience, but from a man's perspective, there's more truth to it than women may believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post
REPLY: I find number 28 (dont get involved with someone whos a born again Christian) , very interesting. I suppose instead of basing his dating life on the morals and values God instituted, he followed the out of control Cultures way and his feelings which has led to much of his emotional hurts and dismay regarding women. This is what happens when people think they know better than God and have too much pride to follow and live for God and his mandates for successful living.
Luckily, I haven't dated w/ any religious zealots, but I know that those born-again are usually bad news (man or woman - obviously from my perspective, I can only speak from dating women). There's nothing wrong if she's religious - that's great! But it's when they push it down your throat, and worse yet, in a hypocritical manner.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:17 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
I think the list is meant to be taken as part truth, part humor.

Other what's been said, women should read this list and take it into account, especially when the guy they are dating turns out to be a superficial creep.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:01 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post

There's nothing wrong if she's religious - that's great!
Especially is she's 16, goes to a Catholic Girl's School, and wears one of those little plaid skirts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships