Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 05:28 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, that's weird. She has to bring her dog to a coffee date? Put him in the car for, say, a 1-hr. drive, 1-hr. coffee date (or whatever), then back home? Dog is incapable of remaining at home alone for a few hrs.?

Bullet, dodged. Why do so many OP's on this forum neglect to include salient details until a few pages in? OP, why didn't you tell us, that dating her would have meant dating her dog? If you'd asked her out to dinner + movie in her town, where she'd be out of the house for 3+ hours, would she have brought her dog? I doubt restaurants and theaters (museums, etc.) would allow that, so clearly her dog can be home alone for at least 3 hours.

This makes no sense.
Well, to be perfectly honest, the sooner she gets the dog used to him, the easier it would be to get some time alone with him in her home - therefore, you bring the dog along. It's not much different than if she had a small child, except you would be less likely to get away with leaving him in the car for an hour or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 04:46 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Dodged a bullet.
Doggie attachment is worrisome. It's not really about who comes first (dog vs. you) as much as it is about an overwhelming attachment to every aspect of the dog's life. Are you good at doggie conversation? There must be a YouTube video about this.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:48 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Well, to be perfectly honest, the sooner she gets the dog used to him, the easier it would be to get some time alone with him in her home - therefore, you bring the dog along. It's not much different than if she had a small child, except you would be less likely to get away with leaving him in the car for an hour or so.
Are you actually suggesting that women should bring their small children along on dates to "get used to" her new love interest? Or was that a joke?

Old 04-15-2018, 07:12 AM

80 posts, read 43,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Doggie attachment is worrisome. It's not really about who comes first (dog vs. you) as much as it is about an overwhelming attachment to every aspect of the dog's life. Are you good at doggie conversation? There must be a YouTube video about this.
Yeah it’s kinda weird. I know her house is filled w framed pics of her dog, and her Instagram posts are written from the dog’s perspective

Old 04-15-2018, 07:17 AM

323 posts, read 221,782 times
She's already trying to use you. Move on. She's nuts.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:05 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretodate View Post
yeah it’s kinda weird. I know her house is filled w framed pics of her dog, and her instagram posts are written from the dog’s perspective
runnnnnnn!

Old 04-15-2018, 08:48 AM

91 posts, read 124,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Absolutely she did. You just got a glimpse into the future of your relationship with her, because if she will spazz out and overthink a benign comment like that one and blow it out of proportion, who knows how demanding she is in other matters.

You didn't lose anything.
This response and the similar ones in this thread boggle my mind. You are focusing on the wrong thing. This guy texted with her for a YEAR without suggesting that they meet. According to the OP, she even talked about meeting at some point, but it never happened because SHE didn't suggest a specific plan.

I'm assuming since you were texting for a year, that you weren't seeing anyone else for that entire time? I think you need to forget this girl and start analyzing the real potential issue: are you afraid of a relationship?

Old 04-15-2018, 09:01 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggzy702 View Post
This response and the similar ones in this thread boggle my mind. You are focusing on the wrong thing. This guy texted with her for a YEAR without suggesting that they meet. According to the OP, she even talked about meeting at some point, but it never happened because SHE didn't suggest a specific plan.

I'm assuming since you were texting for a year, that you weren't seeing anyone else for that entire time? I think you need to forget this girl and start analyzing the real potential issue: are you afraid of a relationship?
Agreed, he's already decided he probably won't contact her again (well why should he if he can't act on it?) and said he's regretting that he didn't take her up on her invitation. She may come across as strange in his description, but what is he?

The dog's not the real problem.

Oh wait, nvrmnd...she already blocked him, there's nothing else to "decide".

Last edited by RbccL; 04-15-2018 at 10:29 AM..

Old 04-15-2018, 10:11 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,870,206 times
Allow me to present a controversial viewpoint.

It seems like the OP's lady friend was testing him. She's 37, so it's quite possible she was looking for someone to settle down with, who could provide her with a stable life. By asking him to drive 3 hours to take care of her dog, she wanted to see how much work she could extract from him. When she realized her ruse wasn't working, she cut him loose. If I were the OP, I'd call the woman out. I'd say something like this: "This doesn't sound like a real date, or even reasonable at all. Can we do something more fun that's easier for both of us, like meet for drinks halfway in-between?" Then see what she says, and proceed accordingly.

The OP dodged a lethal bullet. The woman's actions are very similar to inviting a man on a "date" to grout the bathroom tile in her home, or a jock inviting a nerd to "do algebra homework together" in order to copy his answers. Props to him for catching that. His only fault is failing to countertest his lady friend, by asking her for a more reasonable meeting arrangement.

Old 04-15-2018, 11:54 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times
The audacity of some people. As has been stated, you dodged a bullet OP.

A few years ago I met a woman online. We expressed mutual interest in meeting for a date. She lives about 50 minutes from me. I proposed we meet at a location about 15 minutes from where she lived. Her reaction, "No deal. You come to me or forget it."

So yeah, I moved on. Some people have ridiculous demands. Best to avoid those types from the get go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships