Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 07:01 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times

Advertisements

Ok, I'm not paying for any more dates because every time I do, something goes wrong. He paid for the first two dates, so I thought it would be nice for me to pay for the third (I'm sure I make more money than him, but either way, I wanted to offer to pay for something). I thought the date last night seemed to be going well (I guess it wasn't though) and I thought he might go in for a kiss at the end of the date, but he didn't. So I awkwardly hinted that he could kiss me goodnight and he gave me a little innocent kiss on the lips. Then a few minutes after I went inside my house, he texted me saying that I was hard to read, he didn't know if I wanted to see him again, he didn't think I wanted him to kiss me, and he didn't think we clicked like that. Despite me telling him that I did have fun and I enjoyed spending time with him, I didn't hear anything back from him after that. So I texted him today and I was like, "Ok, it was nice meeting you" and a few hours later, he said "It was great meeting you too and good luck." I mean, it's fine if he's not interested, but I just think it's weird that it happened right after I paid for the date. So I'm never offering to pay again. lol

Old 04-15-2018, 07:04 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,727,010 times
He was probably going to next you regardless of if you paid or not. I think using this experience to not offer to pay for a date is a cop out.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:07 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
I doubt that you paying for the date was the reason. He just didn't click with you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-15-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
He was probably going to next you regardless of if you paid or not. I think using this experience to not offer to pay for a date is a cop out.
But he acted like he's so confused and he couldn't read me, so obviously he didn't take my paying for the date as a sign of interest.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
I don't know....It doesn't sound like this is about you paying the check. I think maybe he just thinks you are kind of cold, I don't know...hinting maybe he "could" kiss you? He was probably insulted so this third try was his last.

Just my guess. Most people want some passion.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't know....It doesn't sound like this is about you paying the check. I think maybe he just thinks you are kind of cold, I don't know...hinting maybe he "could" kiss you? He was probably insulted so this third try was his last.

Just my guess. Most people want some passion.
Those aren't the words I used. It's true that I'm not a naturally flirty person and neither is he, but I assumed that since we were hanging out on a Saturday night and we had gone out three times that maybe he wanted to kiss me goodnight (and I would've been ok with that). I mean, why would I go out with someone three times, spend my Saturday night with them, pay for the date, and encourage him to kiss me goodnight if I wasn't interested at all? And I assumed that he wouldn't have gone out with me three times either if he wasn't interested at all. So despite us both maybe being a little socially awkward, it was still weird to me.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:15 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,501 times
He just didn't click with you. Paying for the date or not wouldn't have made a difference.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:19 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Those aren't the words I used. It's true that I'm not a naturally flirty person and neither is he, but I assumed that since we were hanging out on a Saturday night and we had gone out three times that maybe he wanted to kiss me goodnight (and I would've been ok with that). I mean, why would I go out with someone three times, spend my Saturday night with them, pay for the date, and encourage him to kiss me goodnight if I wasn't interested at all? And I assumed that he wouldn't have gone out with me three times either if he wasn't interested at all. So despite us both maybe being a little socially awkward, it was still weird to me.
Your wording is.... maybe indicative of the vibe he got? "I would've been ok" as opposed to "I wanted him."

A kiss is generally something that occurs organically, and after things like eye contact, hand holding, touching during conversation, and stuff like that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-15-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
He just didn't click with you. Paying for the date or not wouldn't have made a difference.
I just don't like the way he's acting like I'm the reason why we didn't click. I feel like I gave him the same interest signals that he gave me. No more, no less. If he just wasn't interested, there's no point in telling me that I'm hard to read and he can't tell if I want to see him again and it didn't seem like I wanted him to kiss me.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:20 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,862,640 times
Some women say they pay for a date to let the guy know they don't want to "owe" him anything, or so they don't feel like they're leading him on.

I offer to pay, at least for myself anyway, and if I do, I've gotten that weird vibe at least once that it seems like he's confused now, as if it's a role reversal and he doesn't know if I like him. I've even been told: "I have a job." So it all depends on the guy.

If he really liked you, and letting you pay added to his confusion, well...you don't want that kind of guessing game anyway.

AND after 3 dates if he hasn't kissed you, just kiss him! That kiss sucked. Good riddance, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships