Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 08:46 AM

4,415 posts, read 2,936,234 times

Advertisements

I went out with a girl a few times and she said she really liked me but I wasn't into her so I ended it. But then she asked me if I still wanted to hang our or do something. She has feelings and I don't. What's up with her still wanting to hang out? Seems like an excuse to keep dating me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 08:47 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I went out with a girl a few times and she said she really liked me but I wasn't into her so I ended it. But then she asked me if I still wanted to hang our or do something. She has feelings and I don't. What's up with her still wanting to hang out? Seems like an excuse to keep dating me.
You know she likes you and is probably trying to linger around in hopes you change your mind.

So what are you going to do about it?

Old 04-21-2018, 08:58 AM

4,415 posts, read 2,936,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You know she likes you and is probably trying to linger around in hopes you change your mind.

So what are you going to do about it?
Wait to see the responses I get on here to decide. Lol. Seems pointless to me if there is no sex which is the only difference to me. It would basically be dating a girl I don't feel chemistry for but with no sex. I guess I answered my own question.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:02 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Maybe she has ulterior motives, or maybe she thought the two of you had enough in common that you could be friends. Kind of like Elaine and Jerry on Seinfeld.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:07 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Quote:
Wait to see the responses I get on here to decide. Lol. Seems pointless to me if there is no sex which is the only difference to me. It would basically be dating a girl I don't feel chemistry for but with no sex. I guess I answered my own question.
You are capable of making your own decisions. Right?

If you're not into this girl and you know it's pointless....the obvious answer would be to....?

I don't think that's hard....but carry on.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:58 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
So, you're not into friendships with women? Not saying this woman would be the one to be friends with, since she's more emotionally-invested than you, but in general--no women friends? Women are useless if you can't f--- 'em?

Old 04-21-2018, 10:21 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
I think she may be lingering around to try to change your mind. I highly recommend not getting together with her since she still has feelings and hanging out with you would only intensify those and give her false hope.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:23 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,026,960 times
Quote:
Yes.

Be kind to her by not being with her. And, whatever you do, don't sleep with her in a weak moment. It will just make the situation far worse than you could possibly imagine.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:25 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,026,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So, you're not into friendships with women? Not saying this woman would be the one to be friends with, since she's more emotionally-invested than you, but in general--no women friends? Women are useless if you can't f--- 'em?
No. It's because this is a variant of the guy who keeps hanging with a woman after he has been friend zoned. Same basic thing.

If there is no romantic interest, then it's perfectly okay for men and women to be friends. But when one person has romantic interests and the other does not reciprocate, it turns into something else, a less-than-honest relationship between two people.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:35 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,966,039 times
Seems like you either want to lead her on or get a hookup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships