Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 04:23 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
you are right and in a perfect world they would get treated with respect. BUt fact is, lots of men lose their brains when they see (big) boobs.
Well again though...is that always a bad thing, if it helps to weed out from the dating choices, those men who don't have the self control to behave if there happen to be breasts in the room, or on a screen?

I mean if that's all it takes to turn a guy into a total jackalope, then I don't think I want to date him.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:40 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
you are right and in a perfect world they would get treated with respect. BUt fact is, lots of men lose their brains when they see (big) boobs.

They act like they do (they actually don't, unless they have no impulse control), and it is not ok and not acceptable. We need to make the world more "perfect", aka, better, by not accepting or my making excuses for such behavior.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:54 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Well, I believe I should dress for the job I want, not the one I have, sometimes life's an interview.

I'm not talking victim or perpetrators, people judge you and act accordingly.

There's no way to change this cause and effect known as the human condition. I wouldn't raise my daughter to go out with her T&A hanging out, and then expect to be in a respectable position, the kind you can't get with just sex appeal. It can actually be a detriment and strike against a woman.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:09 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Some of you are being purposely obtuse. I wish I could post photos from some of the sites so you can sit there and tell me it's not deliberately advertising how purely sexy they are.
Beach photo in a bikini? Not a problem.
Bikini while sprawled on your bed?Again...come one, whadda expect?
I'll be the first to admit that with some first contacts you could be wearing the equivalent of a burka and still will get the creeps but that's not exactly the point.
And for those that say they still wouldn't make the first contact lewd, sure, fine, but that's just a hint about how not to get cut off right off the bat.
You still know this girl/woman/broad is depending on her suggestive looks to get attention...certainly not her written profile.
Don't try to tell me 'little miss innocent' should be shocked or offended by the responses

Old 04-25-2018, 06:41 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Some of you are being purposely obtuse. I wish I could post photos from some of the sites so you can sit there and tell me it's not deliberately advertising how purely sexy they are.
I'll be the first to admit that with some first contacts you could be wearing the equivalent of a burka and still will get the creeps but that's not exactly the point.
And for those that say they still wouldn't make the first contact lewd, sure, fine, but that's just a hint about how not to get cut off right off the bat.
You still know this girl/woman/broad is depending on her suggestive looks to get attention...certainly not her written profile.
Don't try to tell me 'little miss innocent' should be shocked or offended by the responses
Common sense. Every word.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:59 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Do you believe that the women here complaining about this are the same ones posting boudoir photos? Seriously? If not, Im not sure why you brought that up.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:30 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times
Lol.

Alright, let me break it down. Now, chances are this won't happen, but it very well could.

Let's say you got 10 dudes that a girl isn't attracted to writing eloquently vs one guy that a girl finds attractive writin whatever the hell he wants, they go with that dude.

They'll say, "I like your confidence."

Do guys send DK pics right away? I don't know. I don't ask. That's none of my business. Only reason I would do that is if a girl is directly advertising for it. That's me though. Can't speak for other guys.

Maybe the OP isn't telling the whole story. I don't really know.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:50 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Lol.

Let's say you got 10 dudes that a girl isn't attracted to writing eloquently vs one guy that a girl finds attractive writin whatever the hell he wants, they go with that dude.

They'll say, "I like your confidence."

Let's say you got 10 females that a dude isn't attracted to who write eloquently on their profile vs one woman that a guy finds attractive, writing whatever stupid stuff she wants -- he goes with that woman. They'll say, "I really like that you sound so intelligent."

There. That was easy. But I don't know what looks have to do with this.

We see this line of thinking all the time on CD, and it's not uncommon on OLD, either. Why is it that's it's ok for men to have certain types they're attracted to, but if women are attracted to certain types - what? They're shallow? They deserve to be treated disrespectfully? I'm curious how many introductory messages you and other men send to women you don't find attractive.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:02 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Well, I believe I should dress for the job I want, not the one I have, sometimes life's an interview.

I'm not talking victim or perpetrators, people judge you and act accordingly.

There's no way to change this cause and effect known as the human condition. I wouldn't raise my daughter to go out with her T&A hanging out, and then expect to be in a respectable position, the kind you can't get with just sex appeal. It can actually be a detriment and strike against a woman.
I agree with this.

Is it victim blaming to tell a girl to watch out for herself if she decides to go drinking alone? Is it victim blaming to tell someone to watch themselves if they decide to go to a club where women are known to get groped and possibly assaulted? Is it victim blaming to warn girls about wearing scantily clad clothes, because there are a lot of people out there who don't have their best interest at heart?

I feel like this victim culture has gotten out of control. It seems you can't tell anyone anything without being labeled victim shaming or whatever else. It's just like that case where these young girls are getting assaulted when they go off with these celebrities (strangers they don't know) and they get into situations they wouldn't have gotten into if they were careful.

I don't think there is anything wrong with telling someone to be careful. That's not victim blaming. That is in no way shape or form saying it's okay for women to be treated like objects because of how they are dressed. But the reality is, people are going to act according to how they perceive someone. It's unfortunate, but that's just what it is at this point. People need to watch themselves, point blank period.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:30 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I agree with this.

Is it victim blaming to tell a girl to watch out for herself if she decides to go drinking alone? Is it victim blaming to tell someone to watch themselves if they decide to go to a club where women are known to get groped and possibly assaulted? Is it victim blaming to warn girls about wearing scantily clad clothes, because there are a lot of people out there who don't have their best interest at heart?

I feel like this victim culture has gotten out of control. It seems you can't tell anyone anything without being labeled victim shaming or whatever else. It's just like that case where these young girls are getting assaulted when they go off with these celebrities (strangers they don't know) and they get into situations they wouldn't have gotten into if they were careful.

I don't think there is anything wrong with telling someone to be careful. That's not victim blaming. That is in no way shape or form saying it's okay for women to be treated like objects because of how they are dressed. But the reality is, people are going to act according to how they perceive someone. It's unfortunate, but that's just what it is at this point. People need to watch themselves, point blank period.
A while back this came up in regards to sexual assault. It got pretty ugly around here. Victim blaming was being thrown around and some were pushing the limit and mnimize potential exposure to situations that raise the likely hood of assault argument. Very heated subject at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships