Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 08:18 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,733,435 times

Advertisements

You said this co-worker doesn't actually work with you, but you see him in the "hall". You also said you're not attracted to him. I think that's the bigger issue here. If you were attracted to him you would over look the fact that he works in the same building. You don't want to date him than don't. No biggie! I actually know two people who worked together and got married. , but to each their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 09:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
You said this co-worker doesn't actually work with you, but you see him in the "hall". You also said you're not attracted to him. I think that's the bigger issue here. If you were attracted to him you would over look the fact that he works in the same building. You don't want to date him than don't. No biggie! I actually know two people who worked together and got married. , but to each their own.
Correct, I’m not remotely attracted to him. Nowhere in this thread did I say I was against dating coworkers.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:50 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
just answer them honestly and politely.

If they keep insisting or putting themselves in places that do not respect the boundaries you hold or have made known to them, drop the politeness and only deal in only honest responses from your own point of view on the matter.

No need to really drag things out unless you want them to be.
If you are the type who feels the need to drag these things out by avoiding defined statements, being comfortable with making absolutes or drawing lines with people, I would suggest asking yourself what it is you are really looking for in relating to the people you converse with to help assist you in defining the choices you make towards them.

The bigger of a deal you make something like this the worse it’s going to be for you (and them)

Last edited by rego00123; 05-02-2018 at 01:51 PM..

Old 05-05-2018, 12:04 AM

17,708 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The only mistake you made is answering the “why not” question. People aren’t entitled to a reason why you aren’t interested. One girl pulled that on me a few weeks ago when I rejected her for a drink, I just said don’t feel like it. She got so PO’d it was funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That rubbed me the wrong way, too. That's presumptuous, to demand a reason why you "can't make it". It's bad form. OTOH, it does eliminate the issue of repeated attempts to ask you out in the future, hoping you'll be available.Still, it's rude.

The "why not" doesn't seem inappropriate to me because I don't think the guy was asking her out.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:24 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
The "why not" doesn't seem inappropriate to me because I don't think the guy was asking her out.
I think he most certainly was asking her out. If he weren't, he probably would have said ''Well, I just meant as friends!'' when she rejected him.

Most guys aren't asking a woman out like that to just be their friend.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:53 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I think he most certainly was asking her out. If he weren't, he probably would have said ''Well, I just meant as friends!'' when she rejected him.

Most guys aren't asking a woman out like that to just be their friend.
Right, when I told him that I was seeing someone, he said “Oh ok, I didn’t know that.” So he definitely had the opportunity to say that he only meant it as friends if that’s how he really meant it. I haven’t talked to him since this incident, but I don’t think it’ll be weird or anything because he seems like a really nice guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships