Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 09:53 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisaki View Post
Shall I try to make him subtly confess if he wants only sex?
No.

Keep going on dates. Keep getting to know him better. Just don't have sex until you're ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 AM

278 posts, read 140,599 times
I am just a bit in doubt about this last thing he said, seemed a bit strange.

I guess i just want to protect myself

Old 05-18-2018, 09:55 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
About his general behaviour.

Its quite confusing as to what he would want.

We said to call on the weekend and immediately after he is back he said he wants to see me.

I mean, his general demeanor is quite confusing and its not very clear what he wants.

Through conversation when we meet face to face
He doesn't know, yet, what he wants after just 4 dates.
And yes, he definitely wants sex. Probably just that.
Most likely now, on his vacation, he is getting plenty of it. No time to waste, and sext you.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:56 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Four times. I have no words. Four times.
Be thankful Timber, that he is only away for the week.There'd be 6 or 8 more threads asking the same questions that only he can answer if he was going to be gone a month

Old 05-18-2018, 09:56 AM

he does sext me

Old 05-18-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Be thankful Timber, that he is only away for the week.There'd be 6 or 8 more threads asking the same questions that only he can answer if he was going to be gone a month
he is away for two weeks

Old 05-18-2018, 10:01 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
he does sext me

I thought you deleted his number?

Old 05-18-2018, 10:02 AM

old news

Old 05-18-2018, 10:04 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Yesterday, I believe

Old 05-18-2018, 10:29 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
About his general behaviour.

Its quite confusing as to what he would want.

We said to call on the weekend and immediately after he is back he said he wants to see me.

I mean, his general demeanor is quite confusing and its not very clear what he wants.

Through conversation when we meet face to face
OP, I think we've already concluded from your other thread, that he cannot be trusted, in other words, he's telling you what he thinks you want to hear. That's why you're confused; he's not being honest. One moment, he says he wants to take things slowly, the next moment, he wants to take you away on a weekend trip, and yet another moment, he says he's bored with his life, and wants excitement, and asks if you are "up to the challenge". This, plus sex talk at various times (in spite of his saying he wants to take things slowly).

All this, on a background of having seen each other only 4 times.

And the whole thing about wanting to "make you happy" is odd. It's as if he's already talking about a long future together, which is clearly inappropriate (as you gently pointed out to him, but he missed the point), and he's stating that as your partner, his mission in life (he claims) would be to make you happy.

That is way over the top. It's as if he's spouting romantic lines he learned from films, because he thinks this is what wins women over. Yet you're only in the beginning stage of getting to know each other. You're not getting engaged; you're only trying to become acquainted with each other. Yet already (supposedly), he wants to dedicate himself to making you happy.

How did you meet this guy? I think you like the attention, so you've become a little bit attached to the attention, but his talk isn't making sense, and in some ways, he's contradicting himself in his attempts to impress you, so you're confused. He's trying to move too fast, while pretending to want to "take things slowly".

You need to let this one go. For your own peace of mind. If there's this much confusion (and dishonesty, and subtle pushiness) at this early stage, it's a warning sign, IMO. Things will not improve. You'll probably end up compromising yourself, and then regretting it, and he will move on to someone else, and then how will you feel?

News flash: some men will say one thing, while intending to do something very differently, just to get what they want out of a woman. This is the man you're dealing with. Believe it, and work on finding someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships