Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 02:05 PM

849 posts, read 269,788 times

Advertisements

I saw a thread about poems the other day and I remembered a beautiful poem from the man I was involved with a long time. I was so surprised when I received it as he was the most blue collar, down to earth man I had ever met and would never in a million years have expected him to be so eloquent. While we are no longer involved and I haven't looked at this poem in a while, I thought I would share it here and was wondering if you ever received a poem please share it with the CD group.

<<Deleted - I guess it was inappropriate>>

Last edited by Forum_Newbie; 04-28-2018 at 03:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 02:24 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Dang, Julie ...

I feel like I walked in on something I shouldn't have.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 04-28-2018 at 02:58 PM..

Old 04-28-2018, 07:44 PM

468 posts, read 356,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum_Newbie View Post

Since no poem let me ask you how are things on the space coast? I love space exploration as I am convinced huge discoveries will be made within the next decade that will change the world as we know it for the better....

I predict the space coast of Florida will be one of the better places to invest in out of the entire state.

And Cape Canaveral National seashore is in a class of its own

https://www.google.com/search?q=cape...=1920&bih=1087

Old 04-28-2018, 09:41 PM

I am going to share this poem, albeit edited. I think it was pretty fantastic. What do you think?

"ROLLS ROYCE"
by MJD
You , my love , are like a Rolls Royce ...
A luxury , I cannot afford ...
Luxurious , sexy , elegant is that car ..
Same , as you are ...
A man can chose between a sports car , or a luxury car , as he desires ...
His taste is his own , and says much about him ...
A man can chose a fast woman ... like the sports car ...
Exciting , fast , fun , hot ... A wild ride that will quickly burn out of gas ,
a great time , that can't last ...
A man can chose a luxury woman ... same as a luxury car ...
Sexy , sleek , curvaceous , well appointed ...
A slower , steadier ride that will not leave him disappointed ...
For me , to drive a Rolls Royce , I would have to commit a fraud ...
Convince the bank that it was a car I could afford ...
I could take that car off the lot ... drive it ... enjoy it ...
Show off what a big shot I am to the world , driving in my expensive car ...
Eventually , the car payment , and the insurance will be due ...
Just the same , one day , the bill will come due with you ...
Should I return the car of my dreams to the dealers lot ...
Admit defeat ... admit it was something I could afford not?
Should I let you go? Release you?
Shrug my shoulders , surrender ... admit we could be together never?
My head says to let the car go ...
I drove it , had my fun ...
Same with you ...
My head says "You enjoyed a good time with an amazing woman... "
Now Run!
But sitting in the Rolls Royce ...
My fists clenched tightly on the elegant dark leather bound steering wheel ...
Flooring the gas pedal ...
What an amazing feel!
From that wheel , I don't want to let go ...
And this , I want you to know ...
The feeling is powerful , overwhelming ... I have to , want to - DRIVE YOU ...
I know there is a good chance I may not keep that car ...
I know there is a good chance I may not keep you ...
I can't afford a Rolls Royce.
I don't like it ,
Still ... I'm not going to quit ...
I'm not going to throw in the towel , say the heck with it ...
Instead , I am going to fight for what I want ...
Never give up ...
Stand tall ...
Walk with my head up ...
The bank was foolish to give me the loan for that fine car ...
I don't know tomorrow if the Rolls Royce will remain in my possession ...
And , my love , I don't know if tomorrow , we will be in each others possession ...
And that's a hard - but honest - confession ...
So , with that , I am going to go and drive my Rolls Royce while I can and have fun ...
And I am going to hold your hand , kiss your lips , and make love to you ...
All night until we see the sun ...
A poet once said 'Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all' ...
I say , 'Tis better to have loved , conquered and won...'
So that one day ,
You and I can drive off and away , together in our luxury car ...
And escape forever , into that warm happy sun.

Last edited by Forum_Newbie; 04-28-2018 at 10:05 PM..

Old 04-28-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Long Island Tom View Post
Since no poem let me ask you how are things on the space coast? I love space exploration as I am convinced huge discoveries will be made within the next decade that will change the world as we know it for the better....

I predict the space coast of Florida will be one of the better places to invest in out of the entire state.

And Cape Canaveral National seashore is in a class of its own

https://www.google.com/search?q=cape...=1920&bih=1087
It's grown at an amazing pace. I left here in 1985 and moved back in 2016 and the development and growth of Brevard county is incredible. 2008 when the housing market crashed, things were difficult, but I have a friend in real estate and she can't keep up with the demand. Properties, both commercial and residential don't stay on the market long.

I moved back to take care of my 90 year old mom. We were in New Jersey at the time and the winters were just a killer. She didn't have a life outside the 4 walls of my condo. Now, with her mobility scooter she is out every day. I am in on the Viera/Melbourne line in an area referred to as Suntree. When I moved away in 1985, the townhouse development was the last neighborhood then it was a mile to 95. Now I live a half mile from there and it's all developed, but was done wisely with wide roads.

I see you are in Long Island and my best friend just moved from there to Boca Raton. She too had enough of the cold, hard New York living. I think your prediction is spot on. Come on down! Get out of the cold and into the sun!
--Jules

Old 04-28-2018, 11:34 PM

468 posts, read 356,239 times
Quote:
It's grown at an amazing pace. I left here in 1985 and moved back in 2016 and the development and growth of Brevard county is incredible. 2008 when the housing market crashed, things were difficult, but I have a friend in real estate and she can't keep up with the demand. Properties, both commercial and residential don't stay on the market long.

I moved back to take care of my 90 year old mom. We were in New Jersey at the time and the winters were just a killer. She didn't have a life outside the 4 walls of my condo. Now, with her mobility scooter she is out every day. I am in on the Viera/Melbourne line in an area referred to as Suntree. When I moved away in 1985, the townhouse development was the last neighborhood then it was a mile to 95. Now I live a half mile from there and it's all developed, but was done wisely with wide roads.

I see you are in Long Island and my best friend just moved from there to Boca Raton. She too had enough of the cold, hard New York living. I think your prediction is spot on. Come on down! Get out of the cold and into the sun!
--Jules

Thank you for the detailed update....and a friend of mine must have 30+ years as a respiratory therapist at our local hospital ...and 3-4 years or so ago she purchased a condo near the ocean in Boca for her retirement crib and loves loves loves it..

In her 50's, is super fit and attractive and never married by choice. works hard and plays hard and drives a new Vette to the beach where she toast her buns for hours on end at Boca beach...Her condo has appreciated greatly since she purchased it and often she will request weekends off and when she gets them she jets down to Boca just for the weekend...a mover and a shaker from an awesome woman who knows what she wants.

I too love Boca beach but I prefer bit more north where you are located and since life's a beach I hope to see you at the beach when I get down your way.....I loved townhome living since I had a 2 bed 2 1/2 bath townhome in a 2 level upstairs and downstairs Quad building building that was super quiet along a jogging path and many pools one which was Olympic size...in addition also basketball courts, handball and tennis courts. And shopping and restaurants down Village Blvd in WPB and near to Palm Beach International airport

So hoping to see you at the beach or to take in a awesome space launch.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:00 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
I saw a thread about poems the other day and I remembered a beautiful poem from the man I was involved with a long time. I was so surprised when I received it as he was the most blue collar, down to earth man I had ever met and would never in a million years have expected him to be so eloquent. While we are no longer involved and I haven't looked at this poem in a while, I thought I would share it here and was wondering if you ever received a poem please share it with the CD group.

I’m so sad....I wanted to read your poem. I haven’t had romance like that in years.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I’m so sad....I wanted to read your poem. I haven’t had romance like that in years.
Scroll down.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:32 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Scroll down.
Aww that was so nice....

Old 04-29-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Aww that was so nice....
I agree. He obviously had put a ton of thought into it.

It wasn't inappropriate. The original version did refer to some intimate moments they had shared, and reading them made me feel like a voyeur walking in on an intimate moment.

But it's so nice to read the feelings of someone who cares about you and takes the time to share them, especially if they aren't typically a romantic person.

I would share something here but any poems I got over the years are tucked away in boxes with other precious memories. It's been a while since anyone wrote out their feelings about me .... except that time in grade school when one of my sons wrote that he loved me because "I made spaghetti real good."

I'll take that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships