Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 02:12 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Show how stupid Tarzan can be...
How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Enjoyed reading your post.

The thing is, by letting a man show genuine interest in her, I think a woman IS exercising agency. A woman taking "control" by pursuing a man who isn't interested enough in her to initiate, or maintain, communication, doesn't really put her in control of anything where that man is concerned. That's a truth that many of us women have learned about love and dating.

No, I'm afraid that I, a "feminist," believes that it's best to just let men be. They'll take action -- if they want to badly enough.
A woman pursuing and getting Tarzan does not put her in charge of anything either.

I don't know about other men but I don't boss women around and I don't expect women to try to boss me around. She walks beside me, not in front of me and not behind me.

OP, if you like the guy, let him know. I've had women seem to like me but who didn't make the first move because they were not available or I was not available. This guy may be thinking you are not available. Then again, he may not be available. Only one way to find out. Or he may be available but has choices. In which case, make the choice for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 02:15 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
What should Jane do?
Avoid anything called "trans - ___________ "

Trust socio-biology.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:20 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Avoid anything called "trans - ___________ "

Trust socio-biology.
What does "trans" have anything to do with this?

Old 05-05-2018, 05:43 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
How so?

A woman pursuing and getting Tarzan does not put her in charge of anything either.

I don't know about other men but I don't boss women around and I don't expect women to try to boss me around. She walks beside me, not in front of me and not behind me.
?. I'm sorry; where did I suggest that a woman be "in charge" of a man? I said the exact opposite.

The other poster's argument was, I think, that, if women want to "have agency" in their relationships (other people often often use the phrase "take control"), they should ask men out. I only meant that a woman doesn't have agency in her relationships simply by pursuing a man who hasn't bothered to pursue her, though it may appear that way.

When it comes to dating, some/many women, no matter how "modern," have found the traditional path best. I, for one, am not the slightest bit interested in being "in charge" of a man. No, thanks.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 05-05-2018 at 06:16 AM..

Old 05-05-2018, 05:48 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Show how stupid Tarzan can be...
No.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:41 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
What does "trans" have anything to do with this?
Exactly! Jane wants Tarzan, not someone who "identifies" with Tarzan.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:01 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
PJ your fascism really does get tiring. My reply was neither off topic rude nor offensive.

I think we may need a new mod for this sub forum or at least a review process.

Quote:

This message has been deleted by PJSaturn. Reason: Mass delete: Rude and off-topic posts.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:28 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Exactly! Jane wants Tarzan, not someone who "identifies" with Tarzan.
Did someone trans steal a bf or gf from you? You have a very unhealthy addiction and obsession with bringing up trans folks in posts that have nothing to do with trans issues.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:33 AM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Give nonverbal cues that your interested—eye contact, smiling if he looks your way, and be receptive to any signs of interest that he shows you so that you can reciprocate. But I don’t believe that Jane should pursue Tarzan(asking him out, or telling him upfront that you like him). If he’s interested, he’ll pursue you—especially once you give him the cues that you are open to him talking to you. If he chooses not to then Jane should probably move on.
^^^^ My sentiments, exactly.

It's has not gone well for me the times I've taken the initiative to approach a man, or calling him first. In my experience they've either: 1) backed off, and seemed turned off, or 2) become overly aggressive, assuming I was going to be an easy lay.

Many women have had similar experiences.

Therefore, I don't believe in making the first move. If he can't approach me, then he's not the man for me.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:17 PM

332 posts, read 435,833 times
If Jane wants Tarzan, then Jane should egg up and ask Tarzan out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships