Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 05:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlincow View Post
She has a teenager too.
Condoms are not foolproof; I am fine with 99.8% + 98%.
You seem really hung up on that number, which is in a perfect scenario. The success rate of condoms drops when circumstances are not perfect. It doesn't really matter, though, since she is apparently going for the 100% effectiveness rate of abstinence.

Do you have children of your own?

It sounds like she has had two kids with two different men, given the age spread, and is VERY concerned about getting pregnant again.

But there are ways for her to help prevent that, so you have to question her anxiety about sex.

I agree that she is really not open to a carefree sex life with you. It's up to you to decide if that is a dealbreaker. Y'all have only been dating 3 months. Are you open to being a stepdad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 05:32 PM

33 posts, read 16,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
There is no such thing as 99.8 + 98% protection. That would be 197.8%. Nobody can be almost 200% non-pregnant.

People get pregnant with these methods or they would be 100% preventative. (Individually.)
99.8% + 98% does not stack normally.
If I remember correctly, it is 99.9992% safe.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:32 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,417,068 times
Quote:
She doesn't want you sexually.

Let me guess, this surprise noob post is a warm-up to "women marry 'stable' males they're not attracted to in order to have those males support their children - look, this one did a guy she was hot for and got a kid and she'll probably cheat on supporter OP later while denying the OP sex" ...how warm am I? do I get a prize? Welcome new poster.
I shouldn't LOL at this, but I did.

OP, you are being beta. Do you understand what that means? I think the newest term is INCEL, but it's had a LOT of names over the decades. The bottom line is this mom doesn't want you physically. She wants something else from you though... money, emotional support, someone to toy with, who knows (well, she does and it'd be obvious to anyone not involved). *YOU* will get nothing positive out of sticking around.

Move on, get some self esteem, find a partner Worthy of you. Or don't and let the above quote come full term.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:33 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
99.8% + 98% does not stack normally.
If I remember correctly, it is 99.9992% safe.
Yes, that sounds like a solid, verifiable number.

So probably.

Chances are high that she is only 0.008% pregnant. You're safe, that's not a lot of baby. Probably she'll just give birth to a fingernail or something.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Actually, I might throw hypothyroidism out there. She should get her levels checked, missed periods and hot flashes are symptoms of low thyroid production. As well as low sex drive. My period was a disaster when my levels were off. 3-4 momths of no period, 6 weeks on period. I experienced all of tgose sh ptoms and more.
Does that include easy weight gain? She said she gained 10 pounds in the last 3 months.
She told me she always had low sex drive. I didn't know it was as low as once or twice a year.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, that sounds like a solid, verifiable number.
Even Ivory soap is only 99 and 44/100% pure.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
She told me she always had low sex drive. I didn't know it was as low as once or twice a year.
Well, now you know.

I think you need to exit this relationship this weekend. Hopefully you haven't met the 4-year-old yet.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You seem really hung up on that number, which is in a perfect scenario. The success rate of condoms drops when circumstances are not perfect. It doesn't really matter, though, since she is apparently going for the 100% effectiveness rate of abstinence.

Do you have children of your own?

It sounds like she has had two kids with two different men, given the age spread, and is VERY concerned about getting pregnant again.

But there are ways for her to help prevent that, so you have to question her anxiety about sex.

I agree that she is really not open to a carefree sex life with you. It's up to you to decide if that is a dealbreaker. Y'all have only been dating 3 months. Are you open to being a stepdad?
This is the best analysis I have read all day IMO.
I have two kids and am very ready to step up.
For the last 3 months, I have been giving her parenting advice.
It is pretty apparent to me that she chose me because my kids love me and they are well trained.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
It is pretty apparent to me that she chose me because my kids love me and they are well trained.
How would she even know that? Are your kids in school together or something?

Old 05-13-2018, 05:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Does that include easy weight gain? She said she gained 10 pounds in the last 3 months.
Yup, that can happen too. It sounds like she has a bunch of the common symptoms. Also dry skin, dry hair, poor temparature control, trouble waking up and low energy. Some people get depressed too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships