Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 09:59 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,762,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Dang, your STBX is a jerk. Of course he's using your son to get to you. Your son does not have to invest in a property to inherit it. What a load of crap. Do NOT change the access age to 18. Your son clearly isn't mature enough to make good decisions.
He's falling for Dad's "buddy" routine without realizing he's being played.
This, do not change the access age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 10:04 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Tell your ex that your attorney advised you to make no financial changes until the divorce is final. In the future, blame your attorney for everything and then shut down the discussion.

In fact, you should not be talking about the settlement or anything financial with your ex at ALL. Tell him his attorney can talk to your attorney about all matters.

Is he still in the house?

Old 06-26-2018, 10:20 AM

596 posts, read 889,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Tell your ex that your attorney advised you to make no financial changes until the divorce is final. In the future, blame your attorney for everything and then shut down the discussion.

In fact, you should not be talking about the settlement or anything financial with your ex at ALL. Tell him his attorney can talk to your attorney about all matters.

Yes, he is still in the house. It's awful.

I will tell my son that the attorney said not to make any financial changes. My son is the one that brought this subject up. He made it sound like it was his idea, but what 17 year old would assume his father needs financial assistance? It's obvious he has been filling his ear on all these outings.

I have no intention of limiting his custody. I never (until now) considered him anything but a great father. This is very disappointing to say the least.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoBankerGirl View Post
I have no intention of limiting his custody. I never (until now) considered him anything but a great father. This is very disappointing to say the least.
There is no real "custody" for a 17-year-old. He will decide his own comings and goings. Of course, since mom and dad still live together while legally separated (I still don't get how a judge allowed that) what does custody even mean?

Old 06-26-2018, 10:32 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:

ABSOLUTELY "blame" the attorney!

You are not in a position to make these decisions...your atty needs to ok basically anything you say other than comments about daily living. Don't let him talk you into agreements of any kind and shut down any attempts at discussions as z said above.

WE WANT TO KNOW...WHEN is he moving out???

Old 06-26-2018, 10:44 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Dang, your STBX is a jerk. Of course he's using your son to get to you. Your son does not have to invest in a property to inherit it. What a load of crap. Do NOT change the access age to 18. Your son clearly isn't mature enough to make good decisions.
He's falling for Dad's "buddy" routine without realizing he's being played.
Yes, on all points.

Quote:

Yes, blame the attorney.

And, get your ex out of the house.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:51 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Why is it a shame he gets to spend any time with his son? It sounds like they're having a good time together.

Divorce means the man is the ex husband, not ex father and not enemy of the family.
I'm well aware of that. This is the one time I will respond to your baiting.

It's a shame he HAS to spend any time with this guy because he is seriously messed up and generally a terrible person. Here's why:

Quote:

He did threaten to harm himself like I predicted. I had my son change the combo to the gun safe in advance and stay nearby (he's 6'5).
That's some screwed up **** for a son to deal with.

And from some older posts before she had actually had enough:

Quote:

He said he wanted to use it to help his dad financially.

My STBX has been working hard to win over our son.
Quote:
... he actually DID come out and use almost your exact words: "I'm a loser because I can't support you guys"

This has revealed to me that in a crisis, he curls up in the fetal position on the floor. I do NOT like my kids seeing a role model like this.
Quote:

But when I make plans, he agrees that he is okay with me going out, then he starts pouting. He makes this ridiculously childish pouty face and says, "I can't believe you are leaving me tonight!"
Quote:
But even my adult son said, "You know, if you ever leave him, he's going to snap."
This is not a good role model for the son to be "having fun with."

And Bully don't quote my posts anymore when you're hijacking.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:00 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I'm well aware of that. This is the one time I will respond to your baiting.

It's a shame he HAS to spend any time with this guy because he is seriously messed up and generally a terrible person. Here's why:

That's some screwed up **** for a son to deal with.

And from some older posts before she had actually had enough:

This is not a good role model for the son to be "having fun with."

And Bully don't quote my posts anymore when you're hijacking.
I'm not hijacking anything or baiting, I'm responding to the content of your post. "It's a shame he gets to spend ANY time with your son"

If those words are not allowed to be responded to then they should not be allowed in the thread. Remember we're talking about a guy who is involuntarily having his life torn apart and we're only hearing the wife's side of the story. He is the father as much as the OP is the mother and has as much right to be with his child as she does. She seems to get that if her response is any indication.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Remember we're talking about a guy who is involuntarily having his life torn apart and we're only hearing the wife's side of the story. He is the father as much as the OP is the mother and has as much right to be with his child as she does. She seems to get that if her response is any indication.
You mean the guy who is sexting other women from the marital home and talking to his son about his dates?

And certainly you recognize that the son can spend time with either parents, as much as he likes, right?

Old 06-26-2018, 12:34 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
LOL @ "involuntarily having his life torn apart."

He's been voluntarily contributing to the destruction of his own life for YEARS. Just stop, Bully. Actions have consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships