Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:03 AM

690 posts, read 2,629,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Now has anybody heard of THAT happening before? I am beginning to believe I am a pretty sheltered individual.
Uh, no. If you're sheltered, then I am too, and we're all a bunch of hermits, apparently, since no one else on this thread has heard of this, either. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 09:04 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Last week, I started a thread about the couple that inadvertently revealed their swinging lifestyle to us.

Now, last night at a dinner party (not the same crowd), an acquaintance of ours gets sloshed, and starts talking about how, for the past 15 years of marriage, her husband's ex-girlfriend goes along with them on vacations.

Yes. You read right. The ex-girlfriend hasn't missed a vacation with this couple in 15 years.

So, my wife afterwards says, "Oh, that's weird. What do you think happens?"

I was pretty confident that all three were probably sharing a room, doing the humpalumpadingdong.

Now has anybody heard of THAT happening before? I am beginning to believe I am a pretty sheltered individual.
I've gotta say you seem to have interesting friends, cpg! Darn, nobody talks about exciting things to me, either!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:04 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,009,800 times
It could be that they are rekindling their romance? Never know.. maybe they feel they are a good match for each other after all!!

Okay that was in response to Dim's comments.. didnt notice the two between this!! I must be asleep at the wheel! LOL

Old 03-28-2008, 09:06 AM

22,136 posts, read 19,195,499 times
it makes no sense to me whatsoever, i have always gone by the saying, "your ex- is your ex- for a reason" as in when it's over, it's over. If i wanted to still be with the person, i'd be with them. If not, then i have no business still being intimate with them.

But then I am monogamous to the absolute nth degree, so I can not even begin to think outside of that box.

On a lighter note, it sounds like you have some very interesting evenings with friends!!! LOL

Old 03-28-2008, 09:18 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
it makes no sense to me whatsoever, i have always gone by the saying, "your ex- is your ex- for a reason" as in when it's over, it's over. If i wanted to still be with the person, i'd be with them. If not, then i have no business still being intimate with them.

But then I am monogamous to the absolute nth degree, so I can not even begin to think outside of that box.

On a lighter note, it sounds like you have some very interesting evenings with friends!!! LOL
Don't you know it. My wife says I'm the kind of person people will talk to about anything at all. There's truth in that.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:41 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,241 times
Threesomes??? Yeah, I guess I'm a bit out of the loop as well.....

I mean I've done foursomes and five or six-somes (who hasn't right??), but never just three..... (would six technically be called a "sexsome"??? ).

Old 03-28-2008, 09:46 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,707,757 times
whoa, sheltered here too...

Doesn't anyone worry about all the STDs going around, yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or, maybe they all share in their daily dosages of medicine too....

Old 03-28-2008, 09:58 AM

123 posts, read 295,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
Doesn't anyone worry about all the STDs going around, yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or, maybe they all share in their daily dosages of medicine too....
um, people that play use protection.let me rephrase that...smart people that play use protection

i'm friends with all of my ex's, and my sister and her ex-husband have remained close. not close enough to have sex together, but close enough to travel together. i take vacations with my ex's. just because the 'romantic' aspect of the relationship didn't work out, i was attracted to them initially for some other reasons, usually involving similar interests outside of the bedroom. so why throw away a great friendship? just so you know, i tell any woman i date that i remain close friends with my ex's. there has never been an issue mixing company :-)

in the case of your married friends, perhaps she is along for the wife :-) i have (safe) sex with several married women. hubbies are not involved.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:00 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Don't you know it. My wife says I'm the kind of person people will talk to about anything at all. There's truth in that.

LOL, I guess when your engaged in the act you don't worry, until later?

Old 03-28-2008, 10:07 AM

22,136 posts, read 19,195,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furry_playstation View Post
i tell any woman i date that i remain close friends with my ex's.
i appreciate it when someone is able to offer this clear direct communication to me in a dating situation, so I applaud your honesty and clarity.

That said, when I hear this in a dating situation, i run the other way as fast as I can, because it raises so many red flags for me!

Civil relations with the parents of shared children, that I can see

But every time I've been around someone who is "friends with the ex's" it turns out to be "not available emotionally" to me, or just plan not monogamous, or still wants to be available to play with lots of partners.

This is not a criticism, and I do appreciate when people bring this out right up front because it can be a deal-breaker when it comes to a potential partner. It's not my job to change or criticise or judge anyone, it is my job to know a situation that does not work for me, and stay out of those situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships