Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 11:32 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

If you're interested in her, it seems kind of petty to insist she pick up the phone to a voice call rather than just responding to her texts.

Flexibility is one of the qualities that makes for a good, long term partner. Being extremely rigid and then losing the relationship because you insist that she pick up on a call instead of texting will ruin your chances for a lot of happiness in life, OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 11:32 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I could agree with that if it was once but if I am calling again 2 days later then it can't be because I am bored. But I will send that text after the holiday about June 2nd and mention chatting to make plans.
Well someone I haven’t talked to in a few weeks (that I do not have a defined relationship with) should probably add some clarity to their requests. I don’t understand why you didn’t leave a VM. That’s what tgey are for.

Don’t putz around - “Hey, I know it’s been a minute since we last got together, but I’d love to see you now that i am recovered. Let’s meet up in tbe 2nd.”

Old 05-26-2018, 11:33 AM

61,685 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
I was in contact with her while I was in the hospital and when I left the hospital. I was in physical therapy for 2 months so I obviously could not go out on dates. But now with the summer approaching my leg is almost back to normal and ready to see her again
Well, it could be that you are ready, but she already moved on...

Old 05-26-2018, 11:35 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,748,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If you're interested in her, it seems kind of petty to insist she pick up the phone to a voice call rather than just responding to her texts.

Flexibility is one of the qualities that makes for a good, long term partner. Being extremely rigid and then losing the relationship because you insist that she pick up on a call instead of texting will ruin your chances for a lot of happiness in life, OP.
What's wrong with wanting to hear her voice?

Old 05-26-2018, 11:42 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
You guys don’t have enough a relationship to have such firm communication requirements.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:45 AM

777 posts, read 452,449 times
Quote:
I was in contact with her while I was in the hospital and when I left the hospital. I was in physical therapy for 2 months so I obviously could not go out on dates. But now with the summer approaching my leg is almost back to normal and ready to see her again
If I were really into someone I'd started dating.... I'd have gone to see HIM, even if he wasn't mobile. I'd have still wanted to progress the relationship. I'd have been there fluffing his pillows, bringing him soup, whatever... Know what I mean?

Just being with someone, hanging out, chatting in person, Netflix without the chill, getting to know someone... all of that can still be done if someone is willing and interested.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
If I were really into someone I'd started dating.... I'd have gone to see HIM, even if he wasn't mobile. I'd have still wanted to progress the relationship. I'd have been there fluffing his pillows, bringing him soup, whatever... Know what I mean?

Just being with someone, hanging out, chatting in person, Netflix without the chill, getting to know someone... all of that can still be done if someone is willing and interested.

I didn't want her seeing me in that condition so that was my decision. Plus I was in so much pain that it would not be the typical quiet evening.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:45 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
The point is, why are you limiting it to that? You're setting up an unnecessary obstacle, potentially. Why not text her, that you'd love to hear her voice again, and discuss setting a date to get together. And why not ASK her if she's available on the 2nd, instead of telling her that the June 2nd is the day?

Old 05-26-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The point is, why are you limiting it to that? You're setting up an unnecessary obstacle, potentially. Why not text her, that you'd love to hear her voice again, and discuss setting a date to get together. And why not ASK her if she's available on the 2nd, instead of telling her that the June 2nd is the day?
I wasn't going to tell her I was going to ask her if she was free but I can't get her on the phone. Now I have to ask her about the 3rd because I just made plans with the family on the 2nd because I was never able to get in touch with her.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:49 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Mmmm doesn’t realize this weekend was mem weekend? This is a red flag to me.. everyone knows it’s Memorial Day and most people get a paid day off. I would highly doubt this answer.
LOL. Someone in the Food forum wished me a happy holiday weekend, and I had to look up what holiday it was....

Unless she has expressed an aversion to talking on the phone, I would write her off.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships