Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 04:08 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
Even if you two are married, there will still be certain times where sex will be off the table due to illness, pregnancy, injury, etc. My opinion is makes sure you both are on the same page.
Oh my God! You mean she might not want to have sex every single day after marriage?!? What?!?

She wasn’t dishonest, in response to your most recent post. Her mind changed. Oh my God, that is possible too! What?!? Women are thinking beings with thoughts, convictions, and feelings of their own? No way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 04:17 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
Oh my God! You mean she might not want to have sex every single day after marriage?!? What?!?

She wasn’t dishonest, in response to your most recent post. Her mind changed. Oh my God, that is possible too! What?!? Women are thinking beings with thoughts, convictions, and feelings of their own? No way.
Women can change their minds all they want, men are not obligated to accept that change or not feel a little p$&@ed off about the change.

OP, all signs point to you need to let her fall in love with Jesus (the deacon or pastor more likely) or be prepared for a life of little and very sucky sex.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:18 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Teamwork is essential to marriage. And what she did is not teamwork she went up and changed all the rules without discussion and input from the other half. That's a huge life change to make on someone.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-31-2018, 05:23 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Women can change their minds all they want, men are not obligated to accept that change or not feel a little p$&@ed off about the change.

OP, all signs point to you need to let her fall in love with Jesus (the deacon or pastor more likely) or be prepared for a life of little and very sucky sex.
You aren't the only man to imply this kind of thing so this isn't directed just at you but it's pretty pervasive that men can't seem to handle the idea that he couldn't possibly be left for any other reason than another man.
I'd lay odds that the majority of divorced women did NOT leave for another man.
(In this case, she isn't even actually leaving him)

Old 05-31-2018, 06:19 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,603 times
I'm not sure why many are assuming her religious zeal is fake. It may be a passing fancy she gets over in a week, lots of folks get caught up in a fervor then it fades, the megachurches especially are good at working folk into an emotional froth and that MAY be what has happened here.

Equally possible is that she truly has had a religious conversion and is sincere. If this is the case, the OP's lack of same will create many issues in addition to postponing sexual contact so it'll be a fail anyhow.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 05-31-2018 at 06:33 PM..

Old 05-31-2018, 08:03 PM

28 posts, read 31,266 times
Hey all, thanks for the feedback.

Like I said the distance we have had to deal with caused us to break up for around 6 months and thats when she found the Church. I did not move super close to her and I'm still around a 2 hour drive away, but that's better than a 16 hour flight. I'm currently organizing my Permanent residency to stay here in Canada and due to that that is why i said 1-2 years till i pop that question ( it might even be rejected too ), its a long process and I have to return home to Australia in October for my best friends wedding ( so i do have an escape route if needed ), This whole thing for me was to enjoy the Canadian summer and to really see if her and I could work because i wanted it too and we hadnt had a summer together yet.

I understand the pain i put her through by leaving the country this time last year, ( I had a mental break down and missed my family incredibly ) I felt super regretful and guilty for the decision i had made but it helped me grow and i learnt a lot of lessons on what i really wanted, I came back to make things right and I felt great about it, I cant help this is her way to test me if I'm really willing to go through similar pain to make this work.

She said to me in one of her texts, " At the end of the day if you think im the one you want to marry I don't understand why you would have a problem with this, If this is really something you want to end the relationship on I am not going to stop you " And " all of my decisions are out of love for you even if you cant see it"

I'm not mad at her for making this decision. Its just a real kick in the balls that she just changed it up when I was finally happy with how things were going.

Nothing has really changed since I posted this, but thank you as this has raised a few questions i can ask her to see whats really going on.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:31 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB1989 View Post
" At the end of the day if you think im the one you want to marry I don't understand why you would have a problem with this, If this is really something you want to end the relationship on I am not going to stop you "
If she is saying this ^^^ stuff, y'all really aren't even close to ready for marriage.

It's mostly mind games right now.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post

Changing one's mind is normal and happens, but this is an entire change including a complete 180 in how they have physically interacted before. That IS unusual (the drastic change itself, not the fact that physical interaction is a part of it). It is a change in how this woman sees the world, her partner, herself, everything.

Sorry, but that is a game-changer. It's not like she decided she's rather have a blue car after all as opposed to a black one.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:37 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
If she is saying this ^^^ stuff, y'all really aren't even close to ready for marriage.

It's mostly mind games right now.
And possibly, or probably a push to get married to "normalize" the relationship. Meaning get sex back into the game.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And possibly, or probably a push to get married to "normalize" the relationship. Meaning get sex back into the game.
The thing is, if she discovers this sort of manipulation works, it sure won't stop there. Further, if she discovers sex has this much power then it is likely sex will be the bargaining chip, every single time. Sex will be the battleground.

That's going on the theory that it is manipulation. I'm honestly not getting a great feeling from this situation either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships