Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 06:25 PM

10 posts, read 5,488 times

Advertisements

Long story short I'm interested in pursuing a girl I've recently became friends with. My room mate, who is also my friend, met her a while back. I've known for some time that he too is interested in her, but can see that either he isn't making a move or it's going nowhere/ she isn't interested in him.

However, lately I've been sensing that she is showing interest in me and am conflicted with how to proceed. Is it okay to go behind my friends back in this case? I would have already made a move by now but feel guilty and don't want to make it awkward at my house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 06:39 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,579,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StressedOut123 View Post
Long story short I'm interested in pursuing a girl I've recently became friends with. My room mate, who is also my friend, met her a while back. I've known for some time that he too is interested in her, but can see that either he isn't making a move or it's going nowhere/ she isn't interested in him.

However, lately I've been sensing that she is showing interest in me and am conflicted with how to proceed. Is it okay to go behind my friends back in this case? I would have already made a move by now but feel guilty and don't want to make it awkward at my house.
Just tell him, "Hey, I was thinking about asking out What's-her-name and I just wanted to let you know."

That way he won't be surprised and your conscience can be (kind of) clear.

There's no guarantee it won't still be awkward, though.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:46 PM

11,107 posts, read 7,842,680 times
If he is really into her... prepare to lose a friend. You will be seen as CB'ing him .. even if she's not interested in him you will probably get the blame.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:12 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,529,192 times
Quote:

Assuming that you can’t have both, who do you need more? Your roommate or this girl?

Old 05-31-2018, 07:41 PM

468 posts, read 351,509 times
Quote:
Is it okay to go behind my friends back in this case? .
If he never has dated her why do you feel you are going behind his back? I always live by never mess with another guys girlfriend or wife...but with that said, as far as you know they never dated so I suggest having a sit down with him and ask him if he has any plans to date her etc as you find yourself now interested in her....talk with him....don't be a snake in the grass about anything in your life.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:14 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,704,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Just tell him, "Hey, I was thinking about asking out What's-her-name and I just wanted to let you know."

That way he won't be surprised and your conscience can be (kind of) clear.

There's no guarantee it won't still be awkward, though.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:26 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,140,464 times
No, it's NOT okay to go behind your friend's back. Ask him for his "permission" to date her, tell him you're going to make a play for her, or just forget her.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:15 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,711,470 times
Ask him what's up first. If he's asked her out and been shot down then you should be good to go but if he's just hesitating you can warn him to act now or you're going to make your own move.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:35 PM

17,136 posts, read 8,789,953 times
It's not gonna end well...even if you talk to the roommate first.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:37 PM

505 posts, read 366,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Assuming that you can’t have both, who do you need more? Your roommate or this girl?
This.

Who's helping out with the rent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships