Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 07:42 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
"Plate spinning" and "orbiting" aren't synonyms; they're as different as night and day. "Plate spinning" means balancing multiple sex partners (a.k.a. "plates"), with no pretense of exclusivity to each one. It's something naturally desirable men do, because they can attract women. "Orbiting" means hanging around a particular woman as a friend, hoping she will come around eventually. It's something stable providers do, out of naiveness about how attraction works.

Why not? It's the truth about sexual attraction in the human species. And since the cat is out of the bag, might as well use the terms.
OH, good to know. I thought plate spinning did NOT involve casual sex. I thought orbitors and plate spinning were synonymous.

Of course, these are new verbiage being introduced, so...it's up to interpretation. There's no Websters dictionary defining these lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 09:08 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I love that we are now using the MGTOW/red pill/Incel vernacular on CD-R.

Where's Chad Thunder**** when you need him?
Ain't nothin' new. I use it with a serious dose of .

These guys have been complaining here a lot longer than they've been running people over and shooting them.

Anyhow. Spinning plates though, that's a new one to me. So I gather the difference between spinning plates and polyamory is that you...what...don't tell your partners about one another? Do non-exclusivity without letting people know that you are doing so, or with a "don't ask, don't tell" approach? Don't even consider your partners to be "relationships?"

And MillennialUrbanist, I wanna shake my finger at you sometimes, I swear, we've had these totally respectful conversations where it's like you are a completely sensible dude and then you come all up in here vomiting that red pill BS like it's gospel. For a man who gets out as much as you claim to, you've got an incredibly narrow lens for observing what people are doing, romantically, out in the wild.

Yeah, "orbiters"...sure, ok, that's a thing. The guy who is so fixated on some woman, and she's nice to him, but not into him, and he just won't get a hint and quit fawning over her. Sometimes the woman thinks that there is a genuine actual friendship there, and the guy is just pretending to like her as a friend because he hopes he can get with her. Sometimes she's tried to communicate to him that she's not down, and he refuses to stop pursuing. Believe it or not, much as you seemingly want to think that women love to accumulate and use men like this, mostly we do not. We want you to either genuinely like and respect us (not be FAKE friends) and if you have a romantic interest and we're not down, you need to work out how to deal with that, not lurk around hoping we'll change our minds. Believe it or not, women shouldn't have to scream at a man, throw things at him, hit him with a purse, to drive him off, if we aren't interested. Your "stable provider Timothy's" are just being obtuse. And I've seen PLENTY of men do this, who aren't stable providers AT ALL. They're just not very desirable men. You can be a fat, greasy, ugly nerdy guy with eyes that point in different directions, and also be a broke janitor at a community college. Don't ask me how I know. These binary stereotypes are STUPID.

M.U. again for the umpteenth freakin' time, you want to not do dating or sex or relationships, and "go your own way" man, you do you. But this taking the whole ideology hook, line and sinker, I gotta say these fake-sociology man-splanations about how it all works, are lame, childish nonsense. There is no 10, or 20% of "Chads" who have harems consisting of the top 80% of desirable women, leaving only the fatties and ugly ones for the rest of guys. The huge, huge majority of human beings are monogamous, by choice, or serial-monogamous. No harem. No spinning plates. And very few men, at least once they've grown up and wised up on how to act, are in the sad state of "orbiting" either. It's like these groups took a tiny number of anecdotal things they've seen or experienced, and are trying to say they've just got it all figured out. They don't. No more than every man in a relationship is practically dying a slow death in a suburban concentration camp run by a sour faced she-Hitler of a wife.

For heaven's sakes. You are too smart for this. Just...stop it.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:47 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

And MillennialUrbanist, I wanna shake my finger at you sometimes, I swear, we've had these totally respectful conversations where it's like you are a completely sensible dude and then you come all up in here vomiting that red pill BS like it's gospel. For a man who gets out as much as you claim to, you've got an incredibly narrow lens for observing what people are doing, romantically, out in the wild.

M.U. again for the umpteenth freakin' time, you want to not do dating or sex or relationships, and "go your own way" man, you do you. But this taking the whole ideology hook, line and sinker, I gotta say these fake-sociology man-splanations about how it all works, are lame, childish nonsense. There is no 10, or 20% of "Chads" who have harems consisting of the top 80% of desirable women, leaving only the fatties and ugly ones for the rest of guys. The huge, huge majority of human beings are monogamous, by choice, or serial-monogamous. No harem. No spinning plates. And very few men, at least once they've grown up and wised up on how to act, are in the sad state of "orbiting" either. It's like these groups took a tiny number of anecdotal things they've seen or experienced, and are trying to say they've just got it all figured out. They don't. No more than every man in a relationship is practically dying a slow death in a suburban concentration camp run by a sour faced she-Hitler of a wife.

For heaven's sakes. You are too smart for this. Just...stop it.
Holy God, yes! Bravo. +1000000

I usually try to at least give the guy credit for coming off as generally cheerful in the midst of his nonsense instead of as a creepy, angry grudge – but it's still nonsense. "Truth", my aunt fanny.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:17 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
Holy God, yes! Bravo. +1000000

I usually try to at least give the guy credit for coming off as generally cheerful in the midst of his nonsense instead of as a creepy, angry grudge – but it's still nonsense. "Truth", my aunt fanny.
I'm taking the Red Pill talk has no place here? lol

Old 06-05-2018, 01:25 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I'm taking the Red Pill talk has no place here? lol
I wonder, if it vanished, would many of us fall forward on our faces, as we would have nothing further to push back against?

Old 06-08-2018, 10:06 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,870,206 times
Quote:
I became Red Pilled in 2015. Wrong or right, it provided an answer to literally everything I experienced first-hand, observed in real life, and saw on TV. Why I didn't meet my first girlfriend and get my first kiss until college, for starters. And why most women I meet today seem to respect me. That said, I'm not a 20-something horndog anymore, which I'm glad.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 06-08-2018 at 10:23 PM..

Old 06-09-2018, 12:06 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Orbiters are the exact opposite of plate spinners.

If one online dates, the only way to do it is to plate spin. Women have multiple options at all times, so guys should be emulating that to their best of their abilities.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:44 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,870,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I never thought of them as "opposites"; they're simply different types of men. But you might be onto something. In early 1990's there was a book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus", along with its sequels. In a way, it was a precursor to PUA, which was getting popular at the time, although it was far from the author's intention. (The Red Pill didn't come about until 2012.)

The book talked at length about sex (male/female) and intimacy. It said something like this: "Women need emotional intimacy to feel a sexual connection. Men need sexual intimacy to feel an emotional connection." It's a precarious form of checks and balances, if you will. So basically, plate spinners are using women for a sexual connection without giving real emotional intimacy in return. And orbiters are being used for an emotional connection without getting real sexual intimacy in return. Hmm...

Old 06-09-2018, 09:40 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post

If one online dates, the only way to do it is to plate spin. Women have multiple options at all times, so guys should be emulating that to their best of their abilities.
BINGO! Someone gets it.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:43 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
Ain't nothin' new. I use it with a serious dose of .

These guys have been complaining here a lot longer than they've been running people over and shooting them.

Anyhow. Spinning plates though, that's a new one to me.
Everything you wanted to know about plate spinning can be found right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships