Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:41 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Sometimes when a guy asks you for your number on the spot, you don't always have the wherewithal to stop and give a whole speech about how you appreciate his asking but you aren't interested blah blah blah.
Well, that's on her for not being honest. She's really just screwing herself by giving out a #. Seems people here think I may have been best deleting her digits and not ever calling her in the first place.

Quote:
Sometimes when you are asked on the spot, you just give out the number and then ignore his calls. It's not cool but sometimes people do it.
Right, it's not cool. It's not acceptable and as far as I'm concern, not the kind of people I'd like to have around...even as a friend.[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 09:46 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
She didn't want you to walk her to her car.

Billboard size sign.

Nope.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:48 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Right, it's not cool. It's not acceptable and as far as I'm concern, not the kind of people I'd like to have around...even as a friend.
That's certainly your choice, but don't let her actions dictate yours. You know where you stand with her, so you'll know how to avoid similar situations in the future with her.

I would fully expect for her not to show up at the next dance meet-up. Don't stop going if you enjoy the meet-up - do it with the full intention of enjoying it for what it is. If she does show up, treat her the same way you would treat anyone else - with kindness. She's just not an option for anything further, from this point forward.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:48 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Quote:
Okay, then why people here suggesting I call her because, "it's only one way of knowing for sure".
And there were others who said "she's not interested."

Quote:
Also, dancing is done in lieu of large groups. No physical contact, just dancing as a group. A slow song came on, her friend went with her boyfriend to dance, and she asked me to join her to dance. She's done this twice...so I cannot be blamed for thinking she's interested. It was a slow dance, it involved intimate touching. Hand on hand, hand on waist,etc.
Slow dancing does not necessarily equate romantic interest. I have slow danced with my dad, my brother-in-law, and friends.

Quote:
Plus she was engaging in conversation with me, seemed interested in knowing about me, would playfully tap my arm, etc.
She was just being friendly.

Quote:
You know, I get a kick out of women, they give out what may or may NOT be signals of interest, expect men to figure it out and read their minds. If the man doesn't make a move...then they are like "Why can't I find a man?!"
Oh, yes. It's all her fault for being friendly. If she behaved otherwise, she would be "cold", "standoffish", or the B word.

Quote:
But yet, she gives me her phone #....hmmm, figure that one out.
She gave you her phone number because you asked for it. You guys are in the same meetup group, you've had conversations, she's been friendly (nothing more) to you. You put her on the spot and probably to avoid any awkwardness, she just gave it to you.

Quote:
I think she didn't need to be walked to the car because she wasn't quite comfortable with me just yet. Maybe at future Meetups, she'll be cool with it.
Her second very clear signal was not responding to your text message. Do not put any hope in to "maybe someday". Do not turn into some weirdo, stalker, creeper dude.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
That's certainly your choice, but don't let her actions dictate yours. You know where you stand with her, so you'll know how to avoid similar situations in the future with her.

I would fully expect for her not to show up at the next dance meet-up. Don't stop going if you enjoy the meet-up - do it with the full intention of enjoying it for what it is. If she does show up, treat her the same way you would treat anyone else - with kindness. She's just not an option for anything further, from this point forward.
Thank you! This. That's the path I'll be taking, Reds. :-)

Quote:
Her second very clear signal was not responding to your text message. Do not put any hope in to "maybe someday". Do not turn into some weirdo, stalker, creeper dude.
Sorry, when I said "She'll be cool with it", I'll just wait (well not literally wait) for her to ask me to walk her. I guess I got so used to other women in the Meetup to ask me to walk them for safety purposes, that I asked to do the same. Force of habit.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Slow dancing does not necessarily equate romantic interest. I have slow danced with my dad, my brother-in-law, and friends.
Going to have to disagree with you there. And we're not talking relatives here.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:02 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Going to have to disagree with you there.
If this is how you feel, then maybe a dancing meet-up is not for you.

I would stop assuming things about people, especially when their actions are very clear.

I agree that you should just be cool and normal at future meet-ups and not become that guy who holds a grudge because she didn't return your interest.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:06 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
I would fully expect for her not to show up at the next dance meet-up.
This is exactly the kind of thing that puts people (women, especially) off of these kinds of meetups. This woman was there with some friends to do an activity, and then she gets hounded by someone using it as a dating site. Sure, some people are open to more when they go to these events, but others really just want to get out of the house and do some stuff with no further expectations.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:07 AM

983 posts, read 2,772,988 times
Definitely give her a call. You don't know the reason she didn't want you to walk her to the car. It might have nothing to do with you. Maybe she's embarrassed that her car is old, or ugly, or a wreck, or a mess.

Once you call her, it will become clear whether she is interested or not.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassygirl18 View Post
Definitely give her a call. You don't know the reason she didn't want you to walk her to the car. It might have nothing to do with you. Maybe she's embarrassed that her car is old, or ugly, or a wreck, or a mess.

Once you call her, it will become clear whether she is interested or not.
Yep, did that, said that already. lol. You're late to the scene. ;-) Some earlier did mention the messy car possibility. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships