Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 10:49 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times

Advertisements

Probably best to move-on...........he definitely does not want kids and it sounds like you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 10:49 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
it is very selfish to be mentally ill and wanting children. You only want children so you are not alone. But since bipolar runs in your family AND your bfs, chances are high your children will have it. You are barely able to take care of yourself, please do not put a helpless baby in such an environment.

Be happy with your bf, enjoy what you have with him. It is tough to be mentally ill and date - he accepts you the way you are, why not leave it at that?

Not everyone who can have children should have some. Leave the childbearing to mentally healthy people who can offer the child a stable environment and future. Your posting history shows you are all over the place, you shouldn't even think of adding children to the mix. Find some friends, hobbies, ...
Exactly. Just because you're biologically able to create another human life doesn't mean that it's a good idea to do so.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:14 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharzi87 View Post
I think I made the decision to postpone thinking about kids for a couple of years and stay with my current boyfriend.

I am not sure I am ready to be a mo.

Until I can get my citizenship, a stable job can bring my mother here to the USA to help me, I am not ready to bring someone to this world.

I think I should be fine with my boyfriend get a vasectomy.

I love him and he makes me feel loved, and I am not sure a kid can give me that, or another guy.

He smart, funny, is fine with me being from another country, he loves me. Thatis enough.
yes, that is a wonderful decision. Very good!!

Old 06-08-2018, 11:27 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,305,920 times
You said you're tired of dating jackasses but it sounds like you got another one.

Don't trade in a 75 Chevy for another 75 Chevy.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:29 AM

203 posts, read 141,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
You said you're tired of dating jackasses but it sounds like you got another one.

Don't trade in a 75 Chevy for another 75 Chevy.
Just because he doesn't want kids and is honest about it, he is a jackass?

Old 06-08-2018, 11:30 AM

203 posts, read 141,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Exactly. Just because you're biologically able to create another human life doesn't mean that it's a good idea to do so.
If I had family support, I think I could be a mother.

I do not have any family support for that.

Old 06-08-2018, 12:23 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
it is very selfish to be mentally ill and wanting children. You only want children so you are not alone. But since bipolar runs in your family AND your bfs, chances are high your children will have it. You are barely able to take care of yourself, please do not put a helpless baby in such an environment.

Be happy with your bf, enjoy what you have with him. It is tough to be mentally ill and date - he accepts you the way you are, why not leave it at that?

Not everyone who can have children should have some. Leave the childbearing to mentally healthy people who can offer the child a stable environment and future. Your posting history shows you are all over the place, you shouldn't even think of adding children to the mix. Find some friends, hobbies, ...
Not to go OT, but part of the above post almost sounds like a case for borderline-eugenics and social Darwinism... I politely and respectfully disagree...that's a very slippery slope and I would wonder what would be the next step; for example saying a person with physical disabilities or who is in a wheelchair, etc. shouldn't ever have kids as well?

Old 06-08-2018, 12:29 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Probably best to move-on...........he definitely does not want kids and it sounds like you do.
After reading past the OP's first couple of posts, it becomes clear that she's conflicted about the whole issue. She doesn't know if she wants kids. She does, but she has concerns. His talk about a vasectomy has caused some serious reflection and soul-searching on the OP's part, a process that's far from complete, at this point.

She's learning about the medication she's taking, waiting to evaluate its effect on her, and looking into the science on how it might, or might not, affect a baby she'd be carrying; she's exploring whether being bipolar (albeit medicated as effectively as possible) might adversely affect a child's upbringing and emotional growth, and so forth. These are very worthy questions to explore.

in the meantime, she has a (-n apparently, so far--) great guy, who's ok with providing support for her, as she struggles to manage her condition. IMO the answer is far from clear as to what her decision should be, regarding her current dating interest. Plus, she also wisely pointed out that they don't even know each other that well, anyway, having only dated for 2 months.

So, it's all up in the air, at this point. Stay tuned for further developments.

Old 06-08-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix2017 View Post
Not to go OT, but part of the above post almost sounds like a case for borderline-eugenics and social Darwinism... I politely and respectfully disagree...that's a very slippery slope and I would wonder what would be the next step; for example saying a person with physical disabilities or who is in a wheelchair, etc. shouldn't ever have kids as well?
no slippery slope at all nor any NEXT steps. So hold your horses.

Old 06-08-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharzi87 View Post
Just because he doesn't want kids and is honest about it, he is a jackass?
you got some quality answers in this thread. Now a bunch of weird people move in with over the top comments.

you can ask the moderators to close the thread if you have decided on your problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships