Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 02:13 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times

Advertisements

Meh, I guess as long as there is a long line with an unlimited number of ever-revolving women in it, that strategy could work, eventually.

I can see why men are so frustrated with dating, with such a heavy limitation on how often one might politely ask for a date.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:18 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Meh, I guess as long as there is a long line with an unlimited number of ever-revolving women in it, that strategy could work, eventually.

I can see why men are so frustrated with dating, with such a heavy limitation on how often one might politely ask for a date.
Most women aren’t that petty or stupid enough to play a game like turning a dude down for s and giggles if they are legit interested or if that ain’t the time they are intelligent to explain why it ain’t the time. Thankfully, most women aren’t into playing games like that.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Most women aren’t that petty or stupid enough to play a game like turning a dude down for s and giggles if they are legit interested or if that ain’t the time they are intelligent to explain why it ain’t the time. Thankfully, most women aren’t into playing games like that.
Excuse me, but I think you are confusing men for women. Very few 'mature' women do anything for giggles. But, I wont be retyping everything I have already typed, so, in short - okie dokie.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Find me a case that made it to the courtroom based ONLY on a couple verbal requests for a date - not involving the workplace, profanity, obscenity, groping/assault. I want to see it.
You didn't read what I said.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:56 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:

And just to add, if you are using online dating there IS an unlimited line of ever-revolving matches for you. And all it costs is about $30/month and a good imagination (to write a clever profile) and a few recent photos.

I met my present lady OLD and she met me OLD. I'm sure we will both be back to OLD if this doesn't work.

But "no" means "no." There isn't any coyness to OLD. You either date or move on to your next match.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
And just to add, if you are using online dating there IS an unlimited line of ever-revolving matches for you. And all it costs is about $30/month and a good imagination (to write a clever profile) and a few recent photos.

I met my present lady OLD and she met me OLD. I'm sure we will both be back to OLD if this doesn't work.

But "no" means "no." There isn't any coyness to OLD. You either date or move on to your next match.

Yeah, OLD is special. Its a meat market. You look at a photo and proceed from there. No, I cant bring myself to do it. I have made a profile, with no photo, lol. I never really got it set up and running, but its fun, and somewhat sad, that I still get emails that someone sent me a message almost 2 years after the fact. These are not poor crazy people either sending me messages, which is the sad part. They are not ugly people. They actually write some thoughtful things in their profiles.

I don't get why they cant meet some nice woman at the grocery store or something and ask her out a couple of times.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:11 PM

281 posts, read 247,305 times
Quote:

I don't get why they cant meet some nice woman at the grocery store or something and ask her out a couple of times.

Maybe cause those women said "no"

Old 06-10-2018, 03:20 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Didn't work for me last several years. That's why I haven't been dating much last several years. Big city too impersonal, don't wanna meet drunks and slatterns at bars, no clubs in my local town, my friends couldn't cough a date. Okay one date, didn't work. One platonic GF with problems of her own negating any of my interest in going deeper with her.

I figured OLD might work and it did. I shut down my OLD profile and giving present GF and I some time to see if it will work for us.

I chat up people of all genders and ages at the market. Didn't work anyway but I polished up my social skills, so that was worth it, still is.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:28 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
It is human nature to value the things that you have to make efforts for - whether it is to get into a fraternity, or to get a date. Of course it is a matter of degree... but let's say the woman really did have another committment on the first time that you asked about going out - would you say "games!" and not try another time? I'd say good riddance if you cared so little.
Okay, so what are you asking in this scenario? If I ask a woman out and she says ''I can't on that night because I'm doing something else''? I wouldn't automatically take that as a rejection. If she ended that with ''But I am free two nights later!'' that would be a plus. If she didn't offer another possible night, I'd take it as very low interest. If she says ''Call me during the week and we'll set something else up'' I would do that. If she rejects me a second time and doesn't offer another possible night to see each other, that's when I give up. Because someone who really wants to see me is gonna make plans for another night and offer something else on another day. And if that happened, I wouldn't contact her anymore, but if she called me up a couple weeks later and said ''Hey! Let's do something!'', then I wouldn't take it personally that she waited a couple weeks or even a couple months if I wasn't in a relationship. I'd be open to that.

I'll tell you what I won't do, which I've already been over countless times in other threads. I'm not gonna wait for her or put my life on hold or not try to find other dates, especially not over somebody that I've never even went out with once.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:31 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

If a woman says "no" to me it means "no I am not interested in you, not now, not ever." I give up because I am already embarrassed in thinking that such a pretty woman would go out with a man of my ilk.
Don't ever be embarrassed and think of yourself like that, dude!

I've been rejected by pretty women and even just okay women, yet the two women I've been in serious relationships with were prettier than about 85%-90% of the women that ever rejected me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships