Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2018, 02:54 AM

1 posts, read 791 times

Advertisements

I am one of the lucky guys. I have been married to bride #1 for 33 years. We are both now 53 and not only do I find her more attractive than ever so does most other guys. Honestly I look my age but my wife can easily pass for 20 years younger. She looks so much younger than she is that on more than a dozen occasions people have ask if she and our daughter are sisters.
Recently I had a friend to ask how I made it without becoming extremely jealous of people checking out my wife and especially when we go out together. My wife doesn’t dress revealing but when we go out for a date night she does take her sexiness to another level. My friend finishes his statement by saying if his wife was checked out as often and complimented as often as my wife he would be so jealous that her taking time to look extra sexy would be a total turn off.
I have always been the polar opposite in that I’m turned on by people noticing how good she looks. She deserves the compliments that are given with respect to both her and me as her husband. She has never given me even a slight reason to not trust her.
Am I missing something or is my friend just overly jealous?

Old 06-16-2018, 04:39 AM

983 posts, read 2,774,128 times
You are the way a husband SHOULD be. Your friend is insecure and jealous and does not deserve a woman like your wife.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:57 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
I dont know exactly in what context your friend (or ex friend) made that comment, so I really dont know. But congrats on your long marriage.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:23 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Most women who get dolled up for a date with their spouse are doing it for his benefit, not anyone else's. She's on your arm and going home with you. It's great that you don't feel the need to control her because of any insecurity on your part.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:30 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
You're not missing anything and just keep it up and ignore your friend.

I dated a real beauty for about three years and I always loved it when we walked into a joint and all the men would be checking her out. I just smiled! Because I was the one who was sleeping with her!

Let 'em look!

Old 06-16-2018, 09:33 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,483 times
Your friend sounds totally insecure. If he's married, I feel sorry for his wife. You, on the other hand, are a good man, a good husband, and you should keep doing what you're doing.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:48 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifeishot View Post
I am one of the lucky guys. I have been married to bride #1 for 33 years. We are both now 53 and not only do I find her more attractive than ever so does most other guys. Honestly I look my age but my wife can easily pass for 20 years younger. She looks so much younger than she is that on more than a dozen occasions people have ask if she and our daughter are sisters.
Recently I had a friend to ask how I made it without becoming extremely jealous of people checking out my wife and especially when we go out together. My wife doesn’t dress revealing but when we go out for a date night she does take her sexiness to another level. My friend finishes his statement by saying if his wife was checked out as often and complimented as often as my wife he would be so jealous that her taking time to look extra sexy would be a total turn off.
I have always been the polar opposite in that I’m turned on by people noticing how good she looks. She deserves the compliments that are given with respect to both her and me as her husband. She has never given me even a slight reason to not trust her.
Am I missing something or is my friend just overly jealous?
Ignore your friend. He sounds like one of those guys who blames women when they get too much attention, but if they don't try to look nice, blames them for "letting themselves go." I feel kind of sorry for his wife.

It doesn't sound like your wife is trying to solicit interest from other men or flirting with them, so just enjoy the fact that having her on your arm makes you feel proud. If you have been together since the age of 20, you are probably both doing something right.

Old 06-16-2018, 01:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
let your wife shine like a diamond, and be proud of her. she deserves it.

Old 06-16-2018, 03:02 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
There is a line between being sexy and dolled up and being an attention wh@re. stay on the good side, got a sil that had crossed that line like a big dawg.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:35 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Most women who get dolled up for a date with their spouse are doing it for his benefit, not anyone else's.
Riiiiiight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships