Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 10:37 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Let’s see, you set aside limited free time that you could be doing something else, spend emotional energy getting psyched for the date, get prepared, only for it to be for naught and a lot of BS? Yeah let’s see you NOT get angry.
Some folks would put up with it simply because they think that's the last person of the opposite sex they will ever get a shot at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 10:44 PM

399 posts, read 220,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensational View Post
And I can understand if someone had a crappy day at work and doesn't want to go out, although they need to contact you and let you know--not you contacting them and their being like "Oh, I'm in my jammies." But if the person did contact me an hour before and said, "I had a bad day, can we do this some other time?" I might feel some type of way, but I'm not going to block them and start calling them "flaky," especially if that's the first time canceling a date, just because they were looking forward to the date earlier in the day when the day wasn't going as badly yet. Who wants to go out with someone who is down or in a bad mood because they had a crappy day?
For me, a date is something to look forward to, to help me through a bad day. If anything, I'd be more happy about having a date lined up if my day was going badly.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:37 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Some folks would put up with it simply because they think that's the last person of the opposite sex they will ever get a shot at.
I treat any time I actually get a shot as my last shot with the opposite sex since I don’t get many of them and I’d not tolerate this flake behavior not even one time. I’d rather be single the rest of my life and use my hand than tolerate bad and flaky behavior just to have a girlfriend. Been flaked on too many times to give the benefit of the doubt.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:52 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
With your attitude, I can see why she cancelled. I guess it's a good thing you didn't live 70 to 90 years ago when homes didn't have air-conditioning.

What limited time? He had all day to freak out. What kind of weird bizarre person would have to get psyched up for a date anyway?

Some people are just wrapped too tight for this World.
He gets canceled on twice and you are calling out HIS attitude? Guess he should apologize for giving a about this woman.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:28 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,748,248 times
Well I'm headed to her now and the date was not cancelled today.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:34 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
We have a close friend, Elli, who when she does get together with us, everyone enjoys it. But whenever we have pre-planned an evening with Elli, she will cancel about 80% of the time.

During the first few times she did this, up to about time #30, I allowed myself to become very distraught and over-analyzing the situation.

What we have finally put together is that Elli suffers from multiple social-anxiety disorders. She is really a snowflake. If something upsets her, she will spend the rest of the day in bed hiding.

What is sad is that it took us so long to figure out the issue. We should have been more reassuring to her. Maybe swing by her place the next day with flowers or ice cream and a get well soon note.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:01 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Had been talking to a girl while in college and she said she'd go out with me. Got a call in the middle of the afternoon of the date (meeting at 6). Cramps from her period, that was a week earlier, and she didn't feel good and wouldn't be a fun date. No problem. I had dated a girl who turned into Linda Blair in the Exorcist during that time of the month so I understood. Three weeks later we were going out again. Cramps from her period. That quick? Didn't call her back.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:24 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Wish I could rep you more for how you handled that. Absolutely perfect. I wish males could have as much backbone.

Two cancellations? I'm shaking my head at the OP, not the woman.
Same here. Sorry, but two cancellations and you're history. Move on, forget her.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:34 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Same here. Sorry, but two cancellations and you're history. Move on, forget her.

In what period of time? I've cancelled dates more than twice. Been cancelled on more than twice. Things happen and things come up. It's called life.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:40 AM

207 posts, read 108,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
"I hope you feel better"

smh

I tried so hard to hide my irritation but it was not easy today because I definitely thought I was seeing her today and it was just a big disappointment. I wasn't expecting to be in the house all day today even though the temp is 95 degrees so I am annoyed. She suggested we see each other tomorrow but I prefer saturday evening where you know u don't have to rush home due to it being a work night.
You wouldn't feel that way if you didn't have expectations about how this with her turns out. If you went at it without expecting anything to come out of it, you aren't going to feel like the way you are feeling now.

Don't become emotionally invested in someone until the two of you are in an offical relationship, and don't focus on only one dating prospect. Interact with other women, meet new women, and see how things develop with other women while the one you are the most interested on figures out if she wants to see you again, or if she is interested in seeing you - finally has free time to meet up with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships