U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-01-2018, 08:24 AM
 
977 posts, read 229,856 times
Reputation: 663

Advertisements

I was talking to a single gentleman who has been without a girlfriend since 6 or 7 years since his marriage, while his wife had no problem finding someone within a year. I dunno, but when you find this out, do you get a bit jealous that they found someone so quickly? Kind of goes to show how a former's partner's love life is more active than yours I guess?

 
Old 07-01-2018, 08:44 AM
 
32,716 posts, read 22,656,169 times
Reputation: 29772
Nope


I've also found whether someone has a GF/BF and how active their sex lives are are often not related at all.


But I say, your posts are really fascinating, I seriously can not ever remember asking a dude I'm not super close friends with how their dating life is. This seems to happen a lot with you. It's very curious.
 
Old 07-01-2018, 08:46 AM
 
6,813 posts, read 3,129,492 times
Reputation: 2373
The only time I would care about such a relationship would be if there were children/grandchildren involved. You all become family when there are children connected to every person in a blended family.





I would not spend any time thinking about the "love life" of my former spouse.
 
Old 07-01-2018, 08:55 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,664 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Reputation: 68430
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I was talking to a single gentleman who has been without a girlfriend since 6 or 7 years since his marriage, while his wife had no problem finding someone within a year. I dunno, but when you find this out, do you get a bit jealous that they found someone so quickly? Kind of goes to show how a former's partner's love life is more active than yours I guess?
My very consistent observation through life has been that it's the guys who quickly pick up on a new gf, while the women stay single for a couple of years or more, until they meet someone they click with. Men's "needs" are more urgent than women's. Women can wait for a compatible partner, and quite a few women don't really have the option of picking up a new partner in the short-term, anyway. Contrary to popular belief, many women don't have men lining up to date them.
 
Old 07-01-2018, 08:57 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,664 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Reputation: 68430
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nope


I've also found whether someone has a GF/BF and how active their sex lives are are often not related at all.


But I say, your posts are really fascinating, I seriously can not ever remember asking a dude I'm not super close friends with how their dating life is. This seems to happen a lot with you. It's very curious.
In the OP's case, "talking with" = posting online with. He explained that a few threads ago.
 
Old 07-01-2018, 09:01 AM
 
977 posts, read 229,856 times
Reputation: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nope


I've also found whether someone has a GF/BF and how active their sex lives are are often not related at all.


But I say, your posts are really fascinating, I seriously can not ever remember asking a dude I'm not super close friends with how their dating life is. This seems to happen a lot with you. It's very curious.
I never asked him about his sex life. Also, he volunteered this information. It came up organically. When single people are among other single people at a Meetup, it's a pretty common thing.

I knew of one guy that admitted that he recently signed his divorce papers.
 
Old 07-01-2018, 09:03 AM
 
977 posts, read 229,856 times
Reputation: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
My very consistent observation through life has been that it's the guys who quickly pick up on a new gf, while the women stay single for a couple of years or more, until they meet someone they click with. Men's "needs" are more urgent than women's. Women can wait for a compatible partner, and quite a few women don't really have the option of picking up a new partner in the short-term, anyway.
True, it probably goes back and forth.

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, many women don't have men lining up to date them.
I have to beg to differ on that. Just do online dating and women's inboxes are filled.
 
Old 07-01-2018, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Sector 001
7,129 posts, read 5,944,806 times
Reputation: 8042
This is an evolutionary adaptation by the female sex.. it shouldn't really be taken personally.. moving on quickly to a degree is wired into a female's DNA. Why? Because they were constantly being invaded by neighboring tribes that would kill off all the males. The only way they could deal with that emotional trauma and survive to pass on their genes was to be able to move on quickly, and be able to manipulate the males who are now in charge.. thus women tend to generally speaking be more manipulative, and move on more easily.

Of course there are men who are also quite manipulative and move on easily as well, because when it comes to evolution there really are no concrete black and whites, but in general women tend to have this trait a bit more. In particular they will fall out of love with "weak" men very quickly.. it's confidence that really triggers their release of oxytocin which is why so many of them will go for exciting or "bad" men especially when they are young, even when they are consciously aware that it's going to bite them in the butt.

This is a pretty good video on the differences between masculine and feminine energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6YM_WUP5ik
 
Old 07-01-2018, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
21,464 posts, read 22,698,975 times
Reputation: 45134
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
This is an evolutionary adaptation by the female sex.. it shouldn't really be taken personally.. moving on quickly to a degree is wired into a female's DNA. Why? Because they were constantly being invaded by neighboring tribes that would kill off all the males. The only way they could deal with that emotional trauma and survive to pass on their genes was to be able to move on quickly, and be able to manipulate the males who are now in charge.. thus women tend to generally speaking be more manipulative, and move on more easily.
If you're going to promote fake evo-science, at least frame it in the right context. A woman in this case would need protection from being raped and murdered by invaders, so yeah, she might want to seek the protection of another man. That you see it as uncaring manipulation and not as a desperate need for safety is interesting.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 07-01-2018 at 09:32 AM..
 
Old 07-01-2018, 09:27 AM
 
681 posts, read 539,561 times
Reputation: 1259
No because I do not compare my life to other peoples, this is a most common trap and does not add anything of use to your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top