Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 10:51 AM

888 posts, read 555,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble love View Post
Canadian girl. Thank you for the response. To answer your question.
He shows me his online conversations and tells me about them. He talks about everything. He is Mr. TMI.
That never bothered me.

I think it's the FB stalking of other girls. He first seeks them out. Adds them and makes very flirty comments on pics they posted years ago. I think that is the real problem that bothers me the most.

I think that is weird he is showing you his conversations. Super weird. Almost like he is trying to prove he isn't doing anything. I would never feel the need to show my husband my conversations and vice versa. Regardless, he won't change, so either you accept it or don't. Complaining and trying to get him to change won't do anything. Love isn't enough. Never is. This bothers you, he won't change, and you can't " fix him". We have all been heartbroken and had to leave people we loved because of issues we couldn't deal with, deal breakers, you will eventually be ok. But sitting around wishing he will change won't accomplish much.

Last edited by canadiangirl_2015; 07-05-2018 at 11:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 12:20 PM

37 posts, read 17,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
Love isn't enough. Never is. This bothers you, he won't change, and you can't " fix him". We have all been heartbroken and had to leave people we loved because of issues we couldn't deal with, deal breakers, you will eventually be ok. But sitting around wishing he will change won't accomplish much.
Thank you. I realize that. It's not an easy thing to go through for anyone who wants a meaningful relationship. Sucks. One day at a time

Old 07-05-2018, 12:42 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble love View Post
Here is an all too common problem I read and hear about and unfortunately it's happening to me.
The good thing is that my bf is the most loving and attentive man I've been with yet.
We laugh a lot, are creative together and he wants to spend all of his free time with me.
He sees us long term together and does not want it to end.
Social media states we are "in a relationship" and he tags me in lots of pics and posts so everyone knows I'm his.
So far, so good.

Now the problem. He is very flirty. I don't mind that, lots of people are flirty, but he used to take it too far and has pegged down for me. He always includes me so he is not disrespectful when he flirts. Hell he talks to everyone man and woman.

There have been red flags because of it however. Here is where things get bad. He angered one lady with his flirting and alerted me that he was coming on to her via public post on his thread. She is not stable so I let it go.

He private messages attractive women. He gets flirty but mentions me to them and keeps them at a distance where romance is concerned. But why does he need to PM them for anything?

Unfortunately I don't see all he PM's so as far as I know (as if any girl he talks to would tell me.. I wish they would. But maybe it's a good sign they haven't? As in.. he is not emotionally cheating??)
Ugh this is exhausting.
I also noticed that he has a lot of attractive females on social media and keeps adding them. Local girls now and flirts on their posts. All his type. He friends guys too but not as much and comments less for men.

I noticed that he will go through attractive women's pages and make recent (today) comments on pictures they posted YEARS ago. And yes.. they are flirty.

He posts a lot of selfies and can't stop with dirty jokes. And yes.. he talks about his sex life.. out loud for all to see..

He is a nice guy but an idiot. I am really unsure as to his fidelity.
(Why I'm posting)
I have had conversations with him regarding this issue and keeping the communication open. He tells me that he is an entertainer and he is not going to change..
I don't think any self respecting woman will take him seriously. He really wants a stable relationship with all the qualities I possess but I don't think he will ever get it so long as he does these things.
Do I break up with him? I think I know the answer. But looking for other input
That sounds really excessive for me. Does he have some professional reason to keep PM-ing all these people?

It feels like he is trying to keep his options open. I wouldn't be comfortable with that.

I have no issues with a social butterfly type who chats up strangers often. And occasional banter on your own social media threads sounds perfectly normal. Actively DMing random acquaintances and even strangers frequently crosses the line for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships