Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 09:40 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I can't believe this...you told me you liked being able to rest your beer can on my head. I'm canceling our next date! Ugh! (flouncing off in disgust)
Sorry, but I get the "you can't rep JerZ no more". But I did laugh out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 10:22 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Here's what I think about the height thing.

The tallest girl I've ever dated was 5'9. When she wore heels, she was eye-to-eye with me, if not a little taller. On our way to see a movie, she wore heels, and made the following remark:

"I'm the same height as you now. I love it when guys just tower over me!!! I don't think I've ever dated a guy as short as you before." *smug look of debasing satisfaction on her face*

My response:

"I don't think I've ever dated a girl with an a$$ as flat as yours before."

Was that a mean thing to say? Probably. But it certainly checked the hell out of her. A woman can make all of the lofty demands she wants, but when the rubber meets the road, very few live up to the "ideal" standards that men hold, but don't publicly proclaim on online dating sites and the like. If a woman knocks you for being too short (and women feel perfectly comfortable with expressing this male "deficiency" aloud) then you have every right to tell her that...

she has slightly crooked teeth
her chest or posterior are too flat
her legs are stumpy
her skin is too blotchy
she has cankles
her nose is too big
etc, etc, etc

Of course, no man ever TELLS a woman this directly because we're concerned about their feelings. We just sort of take note of the deficiency, weigh the positives against the negatives, and decide whether to pursue or not. But the way I look at it, if you're strong enough to dish out criticism, you're strong enough to take it.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:28 PM

817 posts, read 811,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Here's what I think about the height thing.

The tallest girl I've ever dated was 5'9. When she wore heels, she was eye-to-eye with me, if not a little taller. On our way to see a movie, she wore heels, and made the following remark:

"I'm the same height as you now. I love it when guys just tower over me!!! I don't think I've ever dated a guy as short as you before." *smug look of debasing satisfaction on her face*

My response:

"I don't think I've ever dated a girl with an a$$ as flat as yours before."

Was that a mean thing to say? Probably. But it certainly checked the hell out of her. A woman can make all of the lofty demands she wants, but when the rubber meets the road, very few live up to the "ideal" standards that men hold, but don't publicly proclaim on online dating sites and the like. If a woman knocks you for being too short (and women feel perfectly comfortable with expressing this male "deficiency" aloud) then you have every right to tell her that...

she has slightly crooked teeth
her chest or posterior are too flat
her legs are stumpy
her skin is too blotchy
she has cankles
her nose is too big
etc, etc, etc

Of course, no man ever TELLS a woman this directly because we're concerned about their feelings. We just sort of take note of the deficiency, weigh the positives against the negatives, and decide whether to pursue or not. But the way I look at it, if you're strong enough to dish out criticism, you're strong enough to take it.
Would like to know how your dating experience for that night was after you made that comment.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:55 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
why would they want someone that much taller and actually demand it? I mean you were 10 inches taller than her, im assuming she could wear whatever heels, and she could still feel 'safe' due to the height difference, so why the stupid 15 inch or more standard she has?
I wonder which gets more stares from people in public, a man dating a woman who is a whopping 15 inches shorter than him, or a man dating a woman who looks young enough to be his granddaughter.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:05 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
R u kidding me as scare as good men r.... Height is not a deal breaker in and of itself. I speaking in terms of an average height woman in comparison to the average height man. However, if the guy has short man's complex attitude, then that is a deal for me unless he's really worth it in some way.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
I wonder which gets more stares from people in public, a man dating a woman who is a whopping 15 inches shorter than him, or a man dating a woman who looks young enough to be his granddaughter.
It's fairly normal for women to date men who are 15 inches or sometimes even a foot and half taller than they are, it's not that common to see them dating men old enough to be their grandpas though.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
It's fairly normal for women to date men who are 15 inches or sometimes even a foot and half taller than they are, it's not that common to see them dating men old enough to be their grandpas though.
Maybe it is very common where you live. Where I live I don't often see women who are barely 5 foot tall with men who are 6 foot 5 for example. I only see it once in awhile but not like every other day. Maybe it is normal where you live because there are probably a lot White male/Asian female interracial couples in your neck of the woods. It is very common for adult Asian females to be only 5 foot or shorter. Not so much for adult Caucasian females.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:28 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Maybe it is very common where you live. Where I live I don't often see women who are barely 5 foot tall with men who are 6 foot 5 for example. I only see it once in awhile but not like every other day. Maybe it is normal where you live because there are probably a lot White male/Asian female interracial couples in your neck of the woods. It is very common for adult Asian females to be only 5 foot or shorter. Not so much for adult Caucasian females.
Sometimes I see it where I live, and many cases it's same race couples. It happens. Perhaps it has something to do with the "macho" culture in the Southeast USA. Height(muscle too) is sometimes associated with manliness. This is why it isn't uncommon to see women who are no taller than 5'3" with men who are 6'4"(and many cases such men are muscular too). Not all them time, but I do see this sometimes. Where I live could play a factor. There are plenty of men 5'9" and taller, no shortage of them where I live. This means alot of women can be picky. Not the tallest average height in the USA(I think that title goes to Minnesota, Michigan or somewhere out West), but just enough tall men to cancel out shorter men. Being 5'5", this might leave me on the short end of things(no pun intended).

Old 03-31-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I didn't say it's very common, but fairly normal, that said, it's not the interracial couples who I see in this scenario, as much as I see the same race couples, I also see a lot of shorter Caucasian women going for African American men who are usually atleast a foot taller than them, that's fairly common where I live.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
I didn't say it's very common, but fairly normal, that said, it's not the interracial couples who I see in this scenario, as much as I see the same race couples, I also see a lot of shorter Caucasian women going for African American men who are usually atleast a foot taller than them, that's fairly common where I live.
The average adult Caucasian woman in the U.S is 5 foot 5.
Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So among Caucasian women who are in interracial relationships with Black men, I doubt very much the majority of them are dating Black men who are 6 foot 5 or taller. Unless ofcourse most Caucasian women will only date a Black man if he is a sports athlete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships