Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:16 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times

Advertisements

During our date I mentioned that I my back was bothering me. (She knew I'd been having problems with it and had cancelled surgery a few weeks earlier.) So she called my hotel the next morning and they said I hadn't checked out but that I didn't answer the room phone.

So she and her daughter and young granddaughter stop by to check on me. She gets a maid to open my door and finds me naked, out cold, lying in the middle of the floor. (My back had really blown out taking a bath the night before, and I was able to crawl on the floor to the bed but couldn't get into it. Then I overdosed on Percoset throughout the night, since I couldn't see a clock to know when I'd taken the last one and lost track of how many....)

I guess she thought I was dead -- said I was cold and clammy and she couldn't wake me. Well, I finally awoke, totally stoned; she gets me dressed (even though I can't move), calls her daughter in, and I hear her whisper, "I really liked him. I thought I'd finally met a healthy man."

We were married about 15 months later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 11:00 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Weirdest (and rudest) thing a guy ever said to me on a date was "You have a really pretty face for a big girl"
For the most part, people are not deliberately trying to be mean when they say something like this. It is more like a (stupid) way of encouraging someone. "You know, you are so pretty, now if you were in shape, you'd be a knockout!" However, it is still not a nice thing to say. For example what if you had a friend who had a very pretty face, but she was promiscuous? Would you say, " Jeannie, you are so gorgeous, too bad you are such a skank! If not, you'd be perfect!" Or if your pretty friend was stupid. "Wow, you are so nice looking, now if only you had a brain, you'd be something else!" Or if your lovely friend was a biatch on wheels. "Nancy, you have the face of an angel! Too bad you are such a mean and nasty wench!" Could you imagine saying things like that to a date or friend? NO! Yet, people feel quite free to use this same "logic" on someone who is overweight.

I am guilty of it myself. When I was in my early 20's I had a friend who was pretty, yet very overweight. One night I had a dream that she was thin! And she looked gorgeous! So, dummy me, tells her about the dream and says, "If you could have seen yourself in my dream, you would go on a diet right now!" She didn't act mad at me, but now years later I know it was a stupid thing to say.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:31 PM

300 posts, read 735,082 times
Long, long ago, when I was in my mid-20s, I went to a conference and there was that chick, as hot as a lit blowtorch. Slim, slender, dollface, you name it. I approached her after the hours, in the lounge but she was moody, gave me plenty of hard time, showed no interest whatsoever let alone any affection so I got really frustrated because I wanted to get to "know" her better in rather Biblical sense. One drink after another, a cigar and we cuddled up on a couch in front of a fireplace. Other people were gone dancing or otherwise. Then the conversation somehow got to this very wording:

me: You look tired?
her: Sort of.
me: Let's go upstairs to my room?
her: What for?
me: We f***.
her: Sh**, I hate this word. Well, let's go anyway.

We had a heck of a night, in the morning went together to our daily breakfast buffet. Heck, and now she starts talking relationship!! Like hooking up, going steady, short of mentioning marriage! OMG, I was wasted. I could see that she was kind of a control freak, very independent, I just could not imagine going any further than this memorable one-nigther or maybe just another one. As she refused to take any milder worded signals from me, I had to resort to this, literally:

- hey, remember what we decided to do yesterday night? We decided to f***, didn't we?

She mumbled something about show-off and hating all men at all and went on eating that breakfast and chatting. After hours, she grabbed my hand and led me straight to my room again, skipping drinks and dinner. We had to order room service at about 11 pm cuz we got hungry. Fortunately, I had just barely enough protection for this one more encounter, it was impossible to resist such onslaught. The next day the conference was over, we flew each to our towns and never heard of each other again.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:27 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,874,219 times
Never really had anything weird or terrible said to me on a "date" but one of my exes did say all of the following:

"I don't like art unless it's famous" Could you define "uncultured American" a little more please?! Not to mention, I was attending a photography school at the time...
"Social science degrees are basically BS degrees".
"No offense but we (his family) thought (town of my childhood vacation spot) was kind of trashy"

And then he wondered why I dumped him.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:17 PM

515 posts, read 1,330,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Never really had anything weird or terrible said to me on a "date" but one of my exes did say all of the following:

"I don't like art unless it's famous" Could you define "uncultured American" a little more please?! Not to mention, I was attending a photography school at the time...
"Social science degrees are basically BS degrees".
"No offense but we (his family) thought (town of my childhood vacation spot) was kind of trashy"

And then he wondered why I dumped him.

Geez! A comment like that just makes a person sound so uneducated. How does he think that art is discovered in the first place?

Old 04-12-2009, 04:00 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,874,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
Geez! A comment like that just makes a person sound so uneducated. How does he think that art is discovered in the first place?
I know, after I recovered from my shock, I pointed this out to him and he admitted it's true that all famous art was one day not famous. But I guess for him, it was never about the art, it was just about seeing something famous. Like seeing a celebrity or a famous location or something.

I'm not defending him though because all that means is that even with famous art, he is not appreciating the ART, just the fame factor. Ugh, I'm so glad to be rid of him, lol.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:28 AM

525 posts, read 1,851,636 times
Ok, I have read some really good ones on here...so this one is kinda of lame. However, it is the best I can think of:

When a boyfriend I had broke up with me over the phone and told me "that is how the cookie crumbles!"

Old 04-12-2009, 12:44 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Ok, I have read some really good ones on here...so this one is kinda of lame. However, it is the best I can think of:

When a boyfriend I had broke up with me over the phone and told me "that is how the cookie crumbles!"
I broke up with a boy on my voicemail once. So when he (and anybody else) called me they heard this long dramatic monologue about how I was too busy enjoying being single to be bothered answering the phone looking back that was really mean.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 AM

253 posts, read 805,637 times
omg....this brought back a funny date....
many years ago, i was on a date....things was going well....we meet up...chatted....withen 30 min...he asked if he could be "blunt".....i said "sure".....
he said i was a great gal, easy to talk to...great looken...had it all....BUT....my boobsasnt big enough for his taste!!!!(im a natural 36 D)....i said "WHAT???" and he explained, no matter how attractive he found a woman, how much they had in common, if they didnt have enormous boobs....itwas a deal buster. I proceded to bust up laughing, so much he got ticked and i went home.
btw....he tried callen me a few days after that and said he thought about it, said i was so great in everyother way..and that maybe my boobs might be big enough to give it a try....i told him from what i could tell, his...ummm...you know...)pg 13 here) wasnt big enough for me and asked him if he thought that was as stupid as what he said to me....he stammerd...i hungup!!
my hubby and friends, as well as I, still get a kick out of this....lol

Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
I had a date ask me how I felt about buying her breast implants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships