Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 04:25 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
In places like So Cal and other expensive locales people, especially young people, but people in general can struggle to get the bills/rent/mortgage paid. It appears that our society is going to turn into some kind of group communal living thing as I've never seen or heard of so many people absolutely needing roommates anymore to make it. Not all but enough to where it's not all that uncommon anymore for people in their 30's needing a roommate. If you're seeing someone steady it can be appealing to make that move.

That was a catalyst for me at one point, I was seeing Mrs. Chow pretty steady way back when, I forget how long we were hanging out but my living situation was changing and I needed to make a move and we went for it.

I can see couples making that leap more and more these days.

Good point. My BF and I ended up living together because the house he was renting was going into foreclosure and being sold so he had to get out and didn't have the means to get a new place that fast. We had been dating for 1.5 months and he was at my place so much that I offered up mine for 2 months. At the end of the 2 months, we decided to just leave it because he was the first person I could actually easily live with. We're still together and we bought a house. Sometimes it works for the best, other times, not so great. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 04:36 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You should not be friends with anyone who rejects you romantically.
Agreed.

Old 09-12-2018, 03:40 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,436 times
Someone that keeps talking about their ex - hasn't worked through that relationship and somehow thinks it's ok when dating someone new to keep talking about it.

When dating someone new bring to the date a healthy person - don't show up and unload all your problems, issues, etc. If so, then do some work on yourself before you date anyone.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:27 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Some people will probably never be all that dateable.

A significant minority of women will never have any more than a middling sex drive at best, no matter what you do.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:30 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I’m on board with this ^^^^^. Nothing worse than bad sex. Had a gf like that. It was like screwing a fence post and she was built like one too. Actually a fence post would at least squeak and squeal

My thing is
Love isn’t enough to keep a repaltionship together. You need money too.
You can love someone till you’re literally ready to kill for them, but if you’re living in a Frigidaire box and you can’t offer at least the minimum care or service some needs you won’t be together long.
Yes - for all the talk and advice to men that (paraphrased) - if your sex life sucks, it's your fault, I've found that there are a fair number of women who simply have too many hang-ups (for various, often understandable reasons), or simply too low of a sex drive, that nothing will ever turn them into the vixen you wish them to be, and it doesn't matter how well hung you are, how skilled you are, how smooth you are, or anything.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:06 PM

777 posts, read 452,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
That online dating is invariably a disaster.
In my case, OLD was almost a necessity if I was going to date post-divorce.

There were some disasters, yes. But I learned from them and ultimately found a good relationship.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:10 PM

777 posts, read 452,614 times
Quote:
Another unpopular opinion from a conversation at work last night. I typically won’t ask a woman on a second date if I’m not impressed with her on the first date because I’m not willing to pay for two dates unless I’m absolutely impressed by the woman. If women were more chill with going Dutch, I’d be willing to give a date a second chance to impress me.
You could be missing out.

I generally went for the check on the second date, if the guy picked up the first date. I imagine there are a lot of women who are fair-minded in that regard.

No, there are no guarantees.... but you might be surprised.

Old 09-14-2018, 12:52 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,821 times
Relationships where the woman is the head of household and makes most decisions are usually unhappy and unfulfilled sexually.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:11 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
You could be missing out.

I generally went for the check on the second date, if the guy picked up the first date. I imagine there are a lot of women who are fair-minded in that regard.

No, there are no guarantees.... but you might be surprised.
Don’t think I am. The first dates Ive had this this year, by the end of the date, I can’t wait to get the hell AWAY from them. Nah, don’t think I’m missing anything.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:53 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times
Quote:
Don’t think I am. The first dates Ive had this this year, by the end of the date, I can’t wait to get the hell AWAY from them. Nah, don’t think I’m missing anything.
Lot of people are nervous on first dates. Why not consider them trial runs and make your evaluation on the second? (Experiment a little )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships