Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 09:32 PM

78 posts, read 119,974 times

Advertisements

If someone did that to my wife he'd probably rather deal with me than her. She's scrappy and quick tempered. It would take me a minute to get into "fight" mode, but either way it wouldn't go unsettled.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:34 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
He’s not obligated to do anything illegal that doesn’t involve self-defense or life threatening measures
No, he is not "obligated." I never said he was. Which you'd know if you'd read my posts instead of getting defensive and reactionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So you’re hoping your SO will “do something” but youre afraid slapping a groper in the face will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law

Perhaps we can hear what your SO other thinks in that you’re hoping he “does something.”
I said what that "something" was (BTW, "do something" were *the OP's* words originally, a fact which you'd know if you'd read his post instead of getting defensive and reactionary).

I can't see a point to continuing to answer your questions which show you're clearly either thinking I'm some other poster on this thread, or simply that you're trying to be deliberately obtuse (sorry to put it that way but I can't think of a closer description). It's just becoming nonsensical, since you're "fighting" with me about things I never even said. You're arguing against things I'd argue against too. Like the beating up thing...obligation... I'm sorry, there's really nothing more to say. Hope you get whatever answers you're looking for.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:38 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This thread is silly, full of people prattling on without a sense of how the world really works.
And yet here you are.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:43 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Ehhh...I'm on the fence.

If the guy is physically touching/grabbing me and I'm having difficulties getting him off of me, I would think any man I'm with would help me out. However if he's just trying to make a pass at me and is blatantly ignoring the fact that I'm with another man, I'd check him myself or we would both leave the situation. I think people should choose their battles wisely. In situations like the latter one I mentioned, I don't think it's the spouse's job to check someone who's trying to get with you. You should let them know what's up yourself. Otherwise, the spouse could end up looking jealous, possessive, etc.

That's just what I think.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:01 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
And yet here you are.
Yep, observing the silliness.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:01 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
This thread is silly, full of people prattling on without a sense of how the world really works.
The fact that my point on demographics was pretty much ignored tells my all I need to know about how ridiculous this thread is and continues to be.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:09 PM

125 posts, read 64,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The fact that my point on demographics was pretty much ignored tells my all I need to know about how ridiculous this thread is and continues to be.
Why is it ridiculous? Maybe your comment was just off-topic.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This thread is silly because people can say one thing and do another. Loosely speaking women tend to think that you can confront people and not have violence... just loosely speaking so please... let's chill on the reps...

Men tend to know that if you confront a dude you have to be prepared to throw down. I come from a background of expecting to go fist to cuff. I ain't tough, made that clear... but you can't just call a dude out without expecting a dude to go there.

I already said in this thread that I confronted a guy who was pestering Ms. Chow. Just for her name... if some dude had grabbed her ass I'd most certainly would have gotten in his face.. and most certainly would have faced getting my assed kicked... it happens but I would have done it... heck I did it just because some guy was bugging her for her name.

I'm not a candy ass, I'm not a tough guy... I just think that most women and some men here don't really realize what getting in mans face encompasses...

You best be ready to put up or shut the F up... and you best be ready to get your ass tuned up... because where I come from you can't get in a man's grill without getting some action....

Maybe these chads around here can,,,, but not me... LOL...

Old 07-21-2018, 11:17 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:

It may be silly, but people prattling on without a sense of how the world really works, IS how the world really works.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
It may be silly, but people prattling on without a sense of how the world really works, IS how the world really works.
Yes, suburban moms and soccer dads don't know how the world really works....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships