Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 07:52 PM

48,509 posts, read 34,783,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I'm astounded that a man would schedule a first date sourced from an app on a Saturday night as a restaurant dinner date. This guy sounds like a big dud!

A more dominant, assertive, and in-demand male schedules drinks at a bar on a weeknight starting no earlier than 8 pm. The bar is within walking distance of his apartment or a quick Uber/Lyft ride back to his place.
LOL. That would be a no go for me. Luckily I've run across no men with silly rules.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 08:52 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,451,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Nope, haven’t heard from him. Maybe he’s pursuing his other options that you assume he doesn’t have. lol
The probable outcome at this point is that you won't be hearing back from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
She knows whether or not she wants to sleep with you, if you have to try to pull PUA stuff then game's kind of already over, for you. (If immediate pounding is the goal.) And she'll be so turned off by the obvious script that a second chance is doubtful. Again, IF she isn't desperate.

Might be better to just invite people over to one's place of residence then.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:00 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,975,074 times
Quote:

Might be better to just invite people over to one's place of residence then.
Might be. Then she can freely say yes or no without the no, we have to be within a few yards of my place Dance of the Incels or pretending you need to see and just happen to have a bottle of wine in your shoe.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:19 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,101,386 times
Is this still the same topic?

I thought this topic was about SLS and a first date of hers. It sounded to me like the date turned out great! She's concerned about her doggy bag but many of we men said it was no big deal, we would just think of it as a doggy bag, not an "f" question!

If I were her date and I thought she was cute and engaging, I'd ask her on a date again soon. (If he doesn't contact SLS that doesn't mean the doggy bag had any meaning.) I would think SLS not out of line to contact him, even if only to chat and visit.

Not sure if she and he met on OLD, but with my OLD dates we often chat on the phone before/after/between dates just to develop our friendship and to explore each other. Our next date is a very often topic of discussion. And food likes or music likes.

My life has been this way since I was 16 or 17!!! The great part is that back then our parents were old and they went to bed at 8 p.m. and let we kids have the phone!!! Back then they had only one phone PER FAMILY! (We were kids then, and didn't realize our parents went to bed early because they wanted to ..... Yes kids, "tired" was a social lie.)

When did modern dating change the concept that he and she would chat on the phone into the hours of the night? And I don't recall who called who now. I think it was both.

Or don't we have time for phone chats now?

Old 08-06-2018, 10:05 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,596,298 times
Quote:
The probable outcome at this point is that you won't be hearing back from him.
You don’t say? I assumed that as well. The only thing is that he mentioned that he’s up front with people and sends rejection texts after dates when he’s not interested, but I haven’t received one as of yet.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:14 PM

Rejection texts promised? Um, how organized.

Well I really hope he calls you. I want it to not be your doggie bag. I want an affirmation of doggie bag lovers!

Old 08-06-2018, 10:23 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,596,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Rejection texts promised? Um, how organized.

Well I really hope he calls you. I want it to not be your doggie bag. I want an affirmation of doggie bag lovers!
LOL, it’s ok. I’ll be fine. I don’t particularly think a rejection text is necessary after a first meeting, but that’s what he said he does.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:26 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,085,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Wow, I'm learning a lot here. I gotta get out more. I would think the opposite but I do not see what guys see in this type interaction.

I am a fan of the meet-for-coffee the first time so either of us can escape each other if need be. I do really like the side-by-side angle on account of no worries about staring. THAT gets old real quick.
Yes I like the coffee date too. I don’t want a long dinner if I can tell in a few minutes it’s not going to work out.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:35 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,352,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Yes I like the coffee date too. I don’t want a long dinner if I can tell in a few minutes it’s not going to work out.
Me too, TinaTwo. But, then I feel sooooo bad about leaving the guy too soon because I do not want to hurt his feelings. I am torn between what I want, which is to leave, or sparing the feelings of the guy. The latter always wins. A long dinner would be like dog-minutes or -hours to me, and I don't want to be in that position. I typically know within a short amount of time if there is potential, minutes really.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
LOL, it’s ok. I’ll be fine. I don’t particularly think a rejection text is necessary after a first meeting, but that’s what he said he does.
Actually I never heard of a rejection text. I guess it's like the letter I used to get after a job interview, telling me I didn't get the job. "But we'll keep your resume on file in case a suitable opening should occur."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Maybe I need more "few minute" women. It usually costs me about $100 for dinner and drinks. You'd be a money saver. And I wouldn't have to analyze your doggy bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Me too, TinaTwo. But, then I feel sooooo bad about leaving the guy too soon because I do not want to hurt his feelings. I am torn between what I want, which is to leave, or sparing the feelings of the guy. The latter always wins. A long dinner would be like dog-minutes or -hours to me, and I don't want to be in that position. I typically know within a short amount of time if there is potential, minutes really.
Oh please! I'm a man and I'm not going to get all butt hurt if you don't like me upon sight. Maybe I should go for drinks first, and then we won't both have to pretend we're going to the bathroom before we sneak out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships