Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:49 PM

15 posts, read 37,826 times

Advertisements

But, her friends aren't really the same as mine, I guess we'd be considered on different levels of popularity?

And I know it might be easy to suggest that I stop stressing out about it, or that maybe I'll stop liking her if I don't see her after high school, but it's a hard thing for me to even think about, I really...it's hard to explain. I haven't even had my first kiss yet. Maybe I am being naive and don't know what love is, maybe if I do get with her, I'll find out I don't love her, but I find it extremely difficult to think that, like literally thring to think of something I don't like about her...she's swearing more, and we've been kind of in this annoying yet cute thing that is like a making fun of each other and..see I just said cute, I...Frustration...I don't know...we both don't want to have sex until marraige. There. Maybe that's the only reason I love her? I don't really think so, but maybe I'm making to big a deal of that, and putting that idea into thoughts about a future together, about how cool it would be to be up there saying our vows and to be able to both say: "I waited for you, I kept myself pure, and I waited for you. It was hard at times, but we both valued it, and the fact that you valued it made me strive for it even more. I love you, please be pure with me for the rest of our lives"...Seriously, maybe I am putting that into the equation too much, maybe I'm relying on that idea too much to make myself think I love her? Gosh...I...I can't help it... i don't know...

That was the most emotional thing I've ever said on the internet, and probably he biggest stream of consciousness I've written. I'm probably going to go finish a project I still need done by tonight, that's how crazy I am. but aren't we all crazy inside our heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 AM

26 posts, read 57,567 times
It's high school. $10 he won't talk to the girl 2 years from now...

Old 04-02-2008, 01:19 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_and_in_love View Post
"I waited for you, I kept myself pure, and I waited for you. It was hard at times, but we both valued it, and the fact that you valued it made me strive for it even more. I love you, please be pure with me for the rest of our lives"
And golden halos will appear above your heads and you will ascend into Heaven on a silver cloud of Purity.

And your acne will disappear.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:54 AM

wow, I know your trying to be funny, but this isn't really the place, and how does the whole reputation thing work, because from your two ridiculous post, you definitely don't seem like an 806.

MR23 gets a little more of a break since he's only an 11, and has only posted one irrelevant comment, but at least it wasn't degrading my values, just showing his simplistic view on the subject in a very useless way, because it's still unwanted; oh, and may I add, wow, he has one more point than I do and he's been here 5 more months than me.

I'm quite confused as to how someone could be so bored, and why someone would get so much enjoyment out of using that boredom to add unwanted contribution into society.

I've been here two days, and I am already surprised at the number of these kinds of people here, and their insistence.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
lonely_and_in_love - So what other interests do you have right now? College plans? Hobbies?

It's normal to have a crush on a classmate at this point in your life, but it's way too soon to pick your soulmate for the rest of your life. You say that you don't like it because this girl has starting swearing, but the point is that both of you are still growing as people and the people that you both are now will be very different 10 years from now. And it's normal and okay to change. And the things that will change will be some of your priorities and tastes in what you enjoy doing.

Anyway, try hard to think less about being with her and more about other things to benefit you. You can't control her feelings for you, so try to relax about that and just go with the flow. And try ignoring her a little to see if she misses your attention.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:21 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
Quote:
But, her friends aren't really the same as mine, I guess we'd be considered on different levels of popularity?

And I know it might be easy to suggest that I stop stressing out about it, or that maybe I'll stop liking her if I don't see her after high school, but it's a hard thing for me to even think about, I really...it's hard to explain. I haven't even had my first kiss yet. Maybe I am being naive and don't know what love is, maybe if I do get with her, I'll find out I don't love her, but I find it extremely difficult to think that, like literally thring to think of something I don't like about her...she's swearing more, and we've been kind of in this annoying yet cute thing that is like a making fun of each other and..see I just said cute, I...Frustration...I don't know...we both don't want to have sex until marraige. There. Maybe that's the only reason I love her? I don't really think so, but maybe I'm making to big a deal of that, and putting that idea into thoughts about a future together, about how cool it would be to be up there saying our vows and to be able to both say: "I waited for you, I kept myself pure, and I waited for you. It was hard at times, but we both valued it, and the fact that you valued it made me strive for it even more. I love you, please be pure with me for the rest of our lives"...Seriously, maybe I am putting that into the equation too much, maybe I'm relying on that idea too much to make myself think I love her? Gosh...I...I can't help it... i don't know...

That was the most emotional thing I've ever said on the internet, and probably he biggest stream of consciousness I've written. I'm probably going to go finish a project I still need done by tonight, that's how crazy I am. but aren't we all crazy inside our heads.
It seems you've got this great romantic story of how it should go in your head. From one romantic to another: that can be a problem. The reality never works out as great as the fantasy and it can distract you from finding something real. I'm not saying that's what's going on here, but it's something to watch out for. If you're so caught up in the fantasy in your head with this girl, you might overlook someone or something else.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:37 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
Quote:

I'm quite confused as to how someone could be so bored, and why someone would get so much enjoyment out of using that boredom to add unwanted contribution into society.
You are right.

I was wrong for posting that so I will retract it.

Your acne will not disappear.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
lonely_and_in_love - So what other interests do you have right now? College plans? Hobbies?

It's normal to have a crush on a classmate at this point in your life, but it's way too soon to pick your soulmate for the rest of your life. You say that you don't like it because this girl has starting swearing, but the point is that both of you are still growing as people and the people that you both are now will be very different 10 years from now. And it's normal and okay to change. And the things that will change will be some of your priorities and tastes in what you enjoy doing.

Anyway, try hard to think less about being with her and more about other things to benefit you. You can't control her feelings for you, so try to relax about that and just go with the flow. And try ignoring her a little to see if she misses your attention.
That's a good idea, kinda, but maybe even If I can't control her feelings about me, I can control whether or not she even gives thats a thought, or whether or not she realizes she could be with me.

The whole swearing thing, I mean you really can't get away from it, and I was really just trying to show people how hard it is for me to find flaws, because that's such a small one that I really don't mind, and believe me one of my flaws is seeing flaws, or sensing flaws, like in the musical sense, and I critique things constantly, not only showing bad, but pointing out good as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
It seems you've got this great romantic story of how it should go in your head. From one romantic to another: that can be a problem. The reality never works out as great as the fantasy and it can distract you from finding something real. I'm not saying that's what's going on here, but it's something to watch out for. If you're so caught up in the fantasy in your head with this girl, you might overlook someone or something else.
You have a good point, because very very recently one girl is just slightly appealing, she's two years younger, but we don't seem that far in age, maybe she doesn't really appeal to my mature side, but, it may sound gross, I think the attraction is a little too physical. With the girl I love, that's one of the things that amazes me, I don't think about her in that way, I subconsciously stop myself or something, but the physical attraction is still there, but I have to make myself think of her that way and I don't like to because it feels disrespectful, but I can. This other girl is different, and the same as any other attractive girl, only she's a little more attractive and her personality kind of fits mine, but If I try to imagine us together, it doesn't happen, I don't see us being a great match. She goes to the same church, so maybe that's the reason she is more relevant in my mind, but there's another guy there who is better friends with her and a year younger than me, and they seem like they could be a couple, if they are too much of friends.

By the way, all this talk and thought made me think of an idea I've had for awhile but forgotten. I was thinking I could talk her on a date to just watch a meteor shower later in April or early May, what do you think, should I, and how should I ask her?

Her Myspace even says (with the smiley, under the picture) that her current mood is: lonely, is now the time, is that significant?

Last edited by lonely_and_in_love; 04-03-2008 at 05:33 PM..

Old 04-03-2008, 06:24 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Her Myspace even says (with the smiley, under the picture) that her current mood is: lonely, is now the time, is that significant?
I think that what she really wants is a good platonic friend more than a boyfriend right now. High school years are full of stress and worry. If you could be a good friend to her now, you will then have a better chance of being close to her on friendly terms for the rest of her life. I think that with those MySpace pages, when someone is actively looking for a boyfriend or a girlfriend, they just come out and say that they are single and looking for their soulmate. Lonely to me sounds like she needs a trusted friend to confide in.

Inviting her to a meteor shower sound nice, but what about inviting her to go to a science museum with you first and checking out the planetarium exhibit before telling her about the meteor showers? Are you in any science classes with her? What about becoming her study or project partner?

Otherwise, I feel that for a first date, while you want to get away from your other high school friends, you should do an activity with other people around. That way, if you get tongue-tied, you can always use the crowds around you to cover that up. And if you are feeling shy and awkward in the beginning, I would also stay away from inviting her to a movie. Keep the date lighthearted, casual and relaxed. Don't put her on the spot and make her feel that she has to like you a lot right away. If you rush things, she will put the brakes on and future encounters with her will be uncomfortable.

I sold cars for a while. And of course, as a salesperson (and you are trying to sell yourself as a friend or boyfriend to this girl) it's up to us to break the ice and to build a rapport with the customer that has walked into the showroom. And the idea is to never ask that customer any question which they can answer "no" to. So right off the bat, you never want to ask them if you can help them (or you coming out to ask her out on a date) because that person can shut you right down with a "no, I don't need any help today because I'm just looking". So in your case, never mention the word "date" when asking her out. The word "date" is very significant to a woman and if she isn't in the mood, she will just come right out and tell you no. And I think that by asking her out to see a meteor shower, she knows that it will be at night and that it will only be the two of you.

So you might want to try something more casual and less obviously a "date". Like... if you mom was going to have a birthday and you need help shopping for a gift for her. Obviously for you, having a female's point of view would be immeasurably helpful to you. And what female doesn't enjoy shopping or having her opinion asked and taken seriously? And afterwards, of course, you can tell your girl how much your mom liked what she helped pick out. That will also boost her ego. And while you are shopping, as a thank you for her help, you can buy her lunch or dinner. It's sneaky, but very non confrontational, and she never has to decide if it's a formal date. That takes a lot of pressure off of her. Plus if her friends see her at the mall with you, she can easily say that she was helping you out. And that prevents them from teasing her about liking you.

The meteor shower idea is great, but I think that it shouldn't be the first thing that you ask her out to. Work up to it. Think about daytime activities and having other non-high school people around you for the first few times. Walks in a park, going to the zoo or art museum for a school project... If you don't make it a formal romantic date, she will be a lot more likely to say yes to you.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:37 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR23 View Post
It's high school. $10 he won't talk to the girl 2 years from now...
C'mon, leave him be, high school can be tough times.

Hey, if you really feel you love this girl, tell her. What do you have to lose?

I don't think you're too young to know what love is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships