Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 08:35 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,020,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You know, if I found out a guy I was interested in wasted his time like that I would be majorly turned off. It seems so...effete.
Yeah, I would sometimes see profiles of people saying, "He/she (better put both genders, or people will get offended) that the person MUST understand that they are busy with jobs, family, and friends, the pets, etc...and that they come first in their lives.

No, I don't understand, please hide your profile until you do have time. lol

Last edited by ThisTown123; 08-16-2018 at 08:46 AM..

Old 08-16-2018, 08:39 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,809,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Yeah, I would sometimes see profiles of people saying, "He/she (bitter put both genders, or people will get offended) that the person MUST understand that they are busy with jobs, family, and friends, the pets, etc...and that they come first in their lives.

No, I don't understand, please hide your profile until you do have time. lol

So great, you have a higher percentage of completely fake profiles that the app put in place. That's much better.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:58 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,925,883 times
In a world where people often complain that there just aren't enough hours in the day, women waste their time clamoring for attention of men through online means. Sounds like she has insecurity issues, and having men fawn over her online is a means to feed those insecurities.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:11 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,836,318 times
A man sent me a message, actually had a couple sentences, so I replied. He then proceeded to ask what I thought of his profile? His pictures? "What about the shirtless pic, too much?"

He didn't ask anything about me. I think he just wanted a review.

So?

Doesn't upset me or make me think men suck, or they're time wasters...doesnt impact my impression of OLD. Only took a minute of my time. One guy. My experience. In fact I only responded to 2 of 20 messages. I was wrong about one of them, maybe right about the other. I'll find out this weekend.

I think some people look to others, or the entire opposite sex for an excuse of why they themselves aren't doing well.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:15 AM

880 posts, read 528,279 times
I'm guilty of doing this, Im a busy working single mom too and its slim pickings where i live, so the guys i connect with tend to be an hour or so away. If i feel a genuine connection i will drive out and meet them somewhere, but it takes time, most guys send a few sentences here and there and then they want to meet. They say they'd rather meet face to face rather than wasting time chatting on an app for it to go nowhere, which i totally understand, the kicker here is they want me to come to them which can be a 2hr round trip for me. So these guys not only dont want to put the effort in getting to know me online first but they also dont want to head towards me, if i suggest meeting half way it still ends with me driving 75% towards them. These are the types of guys i end up ignoring.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:44 AM

26,689 posts, read 41,601,319 times
I think it is ridiculous to be on OLD if you don’t have intention of having even a meeting. That woman should be ashamed of herself for wasting people’s time.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:20 AM

51,964 posts, read 52,408,140 times
I've never used those apps but my gut thought is that I don't see what the problem is. I suppose those apps should maybe make a "just looking" mode or something like that so people don't waste their time with those that are just looking, I don't know, whatever verbiage is required and or modes of how people interact that would somehow make those just looking invisible or some other way of operating to again, allow someone to not "waste" their time or whatever it is that's got the OP irked.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:31 AM

48,411 posts, read 34,571,508 times
This isn't about Relationships.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships