Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 10:33 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell jin View Post
Ok, I think I asked this question the wrong way. What I am really trying to ask is, do you find that many guys only look attractive with their glasses off and as soon as they put them on just look average or unattractive?

Because based on my personal sense of what looks attractive and what doesn't, this seems to usually be the case. However, I am a heterosexual male, so it is possible that my perception of when a male is attractive isn't in sync with that women's.
No. A sharp pair of glasses can make a guy who's fairly average, or maybe slightly above average but not one who would stand out in a crowd, become noticeable. In a good way. Good glasses might make him look striking. It's a look. Without the glasses--no look. Just a more or less average-ish Joe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 10:51 AM

2,718 posts, read 5,356,415 times
Glasses and hairstyle have always been two things to me that can make or break whether or not I find someone attractive. I find horn rimmed glasses or any type of thick, dark plastic frames extremely unattractive. To me, I think rimless ones look really great on most men, except for those round John Lennon type glasses. Just my opinion.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Gawd yes! My guy friend is very hot in glasses.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:18 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Ok, I think I asked this question the wrong way. What I am really trying to ask is, do you find that many guys only look attractive with their glasses off and as soon as they put them on just look average or unattractive?

Because based on my personal sense of what looks attractive and what doesn't, this seems to usually be the case. However, I am a heterosexual male, so it is possible that my perception of when a male is attractive isn't in sync with that women's.
If you really want this question answered, post a photo with and one without your glasses on. Then we can give you feedback. Otherwise, it's just yadda yadda yadda. Depends on the guy, his frames, his face shape, etc. So many variables - without visuals this thread literally means nothing.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:49 PM

193 posts, read 92,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
Glasses and hairstyle have always been two things to me that can make or break whether or not I find someone attractive. I find horn rimmed glasses or any type of thick, dark plastic frames extremely unattractive. To me, I think rimless ones look really great on most men, except for those round John Lennon type glasses. Just my opinion.
Interesting. Off topic but could you elaborate more on the hairstyle part? What type of hairstyle tends to make men more or less attractive.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:58 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,356,415 times
Quote:
Interesting. Off topic but could you elaborate more on the hairstyle part? What type of hairstyle tends to make men more or less attractive.
It depends on the person. What I find extremely attractive, others may not. A style that another might find attractive may be a turn off for me.

As DontH8Me said there are a lot of variables involved. One guy might look incredibly attractive with a certain pair of glasses, but that does not mean that every guy will look attractive in that particular eyewear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships