Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 11:26 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,438,277 times

Advertisements

Ruth - I didn't say "chef" because I had a shred of honesty (although I did cook in fine dining restaurants). I could walk around in a suit and never get a second glance, but if I wore my chef jacket then girls would come up to me.

I see that 49ersfan had a similar experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 11:26 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,695,368 times
They don't wanna attract a gold digger is why

Old 08-19-2018, 11:35 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Really? A cook? You didn't say, "chef"?
Chef is a pretentious term.

I once made the mistake of saying I liked to dance without qualifying that I'm lousy at it.
Poor woman just assumed I could dance well and was sooo disappointed.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:36 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
When I was in school working towards it I went on a date with a woman who said that it was a woman oriented job and men shouldn't work in that profession. I didn't ask her out again due to her sexist views. Some do think negatively of it but I love it so I don't care what anyone thinks.
So, being honest about your career helped you weed out a woman who wasn't right for you. Had you not said anything, you might have gone on more than just one date and gotten more emotionally involved with someone who didn't respect your line of work.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:48 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,438,277 times
I would have been happy with a gold-digger; I just wanted companionship.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:03 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Way to jump to conclusions and you're a prime example of why I don't tell women what I do cause you judged me negatively for it. Overall, it's nobody's business what I do for a living.

PS I happen to love my job thank you very much
Way to jump to conclusions! I think men going into nursing is great. It says positive things about a guy. But some guys feel like they might get bashed by other guys for being in a "wuss" profession, and maybe by some women, too. So I was wondering if that was your concern. Because nurses make good money, eventually, but not really good enough for women to go after them for their money, so that doesn't seem like a likely reason for not stating your profession.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:15 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
If a guy was evasive on his answers on his profile, I just skipped him and browsed the next one. I like people, men and women, who are straightforward and own who they are, and own their choices in life. I don't have time for subterfuge, wishy-washy, catch-me-if-you-can types.

Ne-e-e-ext!

Old 08-19-2018, 12:18 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
They don't want you to be able to judge them. In some places, garbage people make a great income but lots of people would not date them based on their occupation.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:21 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
They don't want you to be able to judge them. In some places, garbage people make a great income but lots of people would not date them based on their occupation.
So how long would the sanitation worker (I don't think we use 'garbage person' anymore) be able to keep his profession a secret if he is getting to know someone? This is the equivalent of a single parent concealing that they have a kid. How long will they play the obfuscation game, until the other person finds out and will be like, wtf didn't they tell me this until now???

Old 08-19-2018, 12:25 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
Quote:
I'm a registered nurse. I didn't tell women what I did cause women usually judge you on your income and not who you are as a person.
Quote:
When I was in school working towards it I went on a date with a woman who said that it was a woman oriented job and men shouldn't work in that profession. I didn't ask her out again due to her sexist views. Some do think negatively of it but I love it so I don't care what anyone thinks.
I didn't understand what you were getting upset about either.
Posts were about income, you said you don't tell people you're registered nurse because they judge you on income. Next thing you're saying people judge you because they're sexist. Then you say you met your girlfriend and didn't tell her right away, but youve said that you met your girlfriend at school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships