Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 02:57 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Given how liberal schools have become, the kid probably already knows more than you ever will.
Maybe he thinks he knows about "sex" but that will likely be 90% misinformation and he'll know nothing about actual dating and how to treat women. So, big difference and a lot to talk about.

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Is your son lifting weights? Active in a sport? Without question, you need to have him lifting weights regularly.

Teach him to push for what he wants at all times. Have him go out and do approaches in person. Have him ask for dates, numbers, etc. Teach him to always try to have sex with dates on the first date or on the same night he meets a woman at a party, or as early in the interaction as possible.

Congrats to you for being a good father and encouraging your son. Too many men know have fathers that don't do much in teaching their sons anything about dating/mating. In fairness to the fathers, many of them grew up in an era where lessons they learned aren't applicable to the current era. This is more true in the generation that just came of age. Baby Boomer fathers were terrible in raising Millennial era men. Your son is 19, so he's early Gen Z and Gen Z might be better in terms of their fathers because the fathers of Gen Z kids that manage to be present for their children are primarily going to be Gen X'ers, who were at least more entrenched in a dysfunctional dating/mating culture. However, stuff now is even more messed up than when the X'ers came of age in the 1990s.

8 posts, read 2,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You're his dad, and you managed to get a woman to have sex with you already. You don't have ANY ideas on this for your own son?

You haven't told us ANYTHING about him to help us be more insightful.
Sorry but from what you've said so far I really don't think you have any useful advice. Let's leave it at that.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:58 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
OK, you're not gonna try to be helpful so I will keep it basic.

The guys here who mentioned respect were absolutely right. That's the foundation.

He should be interested in her as a person.
He should expect respect from her in return.
He should keep things light and not take rejection personally.

Hopefully he's already working to earn money and get himself some independence.

Are you married to his mom?

I dont think that's the advise the OP is looking for, hes looking for something more "insightful".

I.e. Tell him to watch out for gold diggers, dinner whores, attention whores, THOT's, hypergamy, monkey-branching, meal tickets, d- carousel, etc Lol

Old 08-19-2018, 02:59 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelock View Post
Yes that is very basic indeed. Pedestrian would be a better word I think. I was expecting something insightful about how to actually be attractive to women and have success.
No - he should not be learning about how to "game women" to be "successful". He should be learning that girls and boys BOTH are to be treated with respect and that "acting" a certain way is not necessary. He needs to be interested in her as a person and to interact with her in ways so they can both have fun and learn more about each other.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:00 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Yes that is very basic indeed. Pedestrian would be a better word I think. I was expecting something insightful about how to actually be attractive to women and have success.
You're the dad; wouldn't you know that from your own experience? But BirdieBelle was spot on; what's attractive to women is a guy who's actually interested in what she has to say, and what she values in life. That's fairly irresistible.

At 19, your son already has formed his preferences regarding external appearance; clothing, hairstyle, if that's what you mean. The time to have that particular talk with him has long passed.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:01 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I dont think that's the advise the OP is looking for, hes looking for something more "insightful".

I.e. Tell him to watch out for gold diggers, dinner whores, attention whores, THOT's, hypergamy, monkey-branching, meal tickets, d- carousel, etc Lol
Yep, I'm sure he'll find a kindred spirit on here soon ... oops, look like one just showed up ^^^ LOLOL

Old 08-19-2018, 03:02 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
OP, if your son is 19, it's likely he's already had "success." The vast majority of young men by that age have had intimate relationships and sex... and without the help of their fathers.

At the age of 8, 9, 10, you should have discussed with him the purpose of sex and the nature of love and intimacy. By 12, you should have conversed with him about choosing a partner wisely, mutual respect and and how to protect her and himself from unwanted pregnancy, STDs and damaging, dangerous relationships.

Ideally anyway.

If on the other hand, if your son has managed to make it to age 19 with zero interest or experience with women, you need to dig deeper, to help him solve the emotional or cognitive deficits that have prevented him from reaching normal social milestones.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:05 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Sorry but from what you've said so far I really don't think you have any useful advice. Let's leave it at that.
She gave you some great advice! You seem to be looking for something fairly specific. Could you clarify what kind of thing you're looking for?

Old 08-19-2018, 03:07 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She gave you some great advice! You seem to be looking for something fairly specific. Could you clarify what kind of thing you're looking for?
He comes across as wanting to get his son laid, which is pretty creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships