Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 01:19 PM

856 posts, read 699,398 times

Advertisements

I'm 25 years old, but I have a tendency to like women who are 33-40. I just find them more mature and down-to-earth than women closer to my age, on average. Plus, I don't like to go out clubbing and women 33-40 seem over that. Also, I generally find older women more attractive. To date, I have not had a long-term relationship with a woman more than two years older than I.

Question: Is it unrealistic for me to expect a woman 33-40 to want to date someone my age?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 01:38 PM

23,154 posts, read 26,055,042 times
When the phrase "Age is just a number" is used ,it's misleading because it's not the chronological age it's the maturity and situation in life age .
Just for fun and non-serious "dating" it may still not matter as long as neither one wants to or can, fill in the non-sexual times with anything of substance.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:39 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,579,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
I'm 25 years old, but I have a tendency to like women who are 33-40. I just find them more mature and down-to-earth than women closer to my age, on average. Plus, I don't like to go out clubbing and women 33-40 seem over that. Also, I generally find older women more attractive. To date, I have not had a long-term relationship with a woman more than two years older than I.

Question: Is it unrealistic for me to expect a woman 33-40 to want to date someone my age?
Unrealistic? No.

Unusual? Yes.

Unlikely? Probably.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:46 PM

5,427 posts, read 4,408,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Unrealistic? No.

Unusual? Yes.

Unlikely? Probably.

This perfectly encapsulates it.

OP-you are 25 now. It is a great age. At 25, you are now older than a substantial subset of women. There are plenty of 18-24 year old women out there who might be interested in you.

You do not even need to go to bars or clubs to find them. Go grocery shopping near a university and do approaches at the store. Go to a mall, focusing on stores where younger women shop. Go to a coffee shop known to be frequented by younger adults. Approach them on a busy street or jogging path/walking trail. Many even think that meeting women at non-bar venues often increases the probability of having a sustainable, successful relationship.

Old 08-26-2018, 02:07 PM

23,154 posts, read 26,055,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundJemzBund View Post
Eh... at that age most of them are only on their best behavior ("mature"), because they know that their market value (beauty) has faded. You won't see the real them until they know you cannot leave (signing those awful marriage contracts). So, be careful what you wish for. You might stuck with and old, saggy girl who expects you to pay all the bills.

I know someone that this happened to.
If they got all the way into a marriage, better stop blaming the woman

Old 08-26-2018, 02:36 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,235,848 times
8-15 years older isn't unrealistic at all. I'm sure a lot of women find a lot of men younger than themselves attractive, but dont expect anything when it comes to dating.

Just date whoever you want to date, OP.

Old 08-26-2018, 02:45 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,059,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundJemzBund View Post
Eh... at that age most of them are only on their best behavior ("mature"), because they know that their market value (beauty) has faded. You won't see the real them until they know you cannot leave (signing those awful marriage contracts). So, be careful what you wish for. You might stuck with and old, saggy girl who expects you to pay all the bills.

I know someone that this happened to.

LOL! You sound like a teenager. It may surprise you to learn that older US women are keeping themselves in better shape, on average, than their younger counterparts. "Cougar" isn't a thing because of younger guys going after old saggy girls - and how anyone would get stuck with one is beyond me.

Must be a cultural thing.

@OP,

I'm sure you will get rejected many times, but eventually you will find an older woman who is willing to take you on for a while. Neither one of you should look at it as something that will last the test of time, although, sometimes a man will decide to stay with someone as much as 20 years older than them until death they do part.

Different strokes for different folks.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:03 PM

21,108 posts, read 13,420,234 times
My Aunt is 8 years older than her husband of 25 years.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:08 PM

44 posts, read 39,295 times
You’re living dangerously, son. There are reasons why women are refused by men their own age and older.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:10 PM

34,091 posts, read 82,482,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
I'm 25 years old, but I have a tendency to like women who are 33-40.
The question is if you've acted on that tendency already or not.
If not... don't start now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships