Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:32 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,218 times

Advertisements

I favor my left side more then my right.. I sleep on the left side of the bed.. sometimes diaganolly.. LOL... I am right handed though. Normally I have to sit on the side facing the door of a restaurant.. but will surrender that spot to someone else if I have to.. (gentlemen do this).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 10:50 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I favor my left side more then my right.. I sleep on the left side of the bed.. sometimes diaganolly.. LOL... I am right handed though.
Same here. That's it, you're crossed off my list!

Quote:
Normally I have to sit on the side facing the door of a restaurant.. but will surrender that spot to someone else if I have to.. (gentlemen do this).
This is natural. Feng Shui explains it - people feel comfortable in the "command" position (facing the door). Nobody feels good with people walking behind his/her back and the possibility of being startled.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:54 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,324,790 times
Doesn't that go back to animal instinct? The fact of not wanting to sit with our back to the doorway?

Old 04-02-2008, 10:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
Doesn't that go back to animal instinct? The fact of not wanting to sit with our back to the doorway?
Probably. Nobody likes to be surprised from behind. On second thought... may not apply to some...

Old 04-02-2008, 12:07 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I favor my left side more then my right.. I sleep on the left side of the bed.. sometimes diaganolly.. LOL... I am right handed though. Normally I have to sit on the side facing the door of a restaurant.. but will surrender that spot to someone else if I have to.. (gentlemen do this).
I think that is what gets me I feel like there should not be sides in a relationship and they should share what they get to enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
My wife has two sides.

Her Good Side.

And her Bad Side.

I have spent most of our 40 years together trying to figure our which is which so I will know where to stand.
funny so this going to be a life long struggle

Quote:
With a couple then someone's animal instinct is going to be out of wack.
I try to remedy this by finding tables that are booths or have four person seating where 2 can sit on one side.

These are some interesting inputs from everyone.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:24 PM

85 posts, read 334,360 times
Quote:
Seems I'm the only one that just prefers not to be facing the most people as not to embarass myself when gorging myself on the food. I could care less who comes up from behind, I know my dining partner/s have my back if something isn't right. I hope anyway. Either way I'll down completely satiated with a smile and hopefully in a bowl of something covered in chocolate.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:45 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
I like to sit facing the kitchen so I can see when the food comes out.

That way I know when to stop banging my bowl on the table and tie my napkin around my neck.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,734,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
I have to sit facing the door or window in a restaurant.
At a movie I must sit on the aisle.

Other stuff doesn't matter to me, but those two are a must.
And NO, you do not want to "mix it up" for me, my odd preferences don't have to make sense to you, but you respect me enough to honor them. Just as I honor your preferences.
I am exactly the same way in a restaurant or a theatre!! Otherwise, I feel claustrophobic.

Other than that, my boyfriend is on the right side of our bed, I'm on the left. And in the mornings, my dog scratches at the door and is...well...kind of wherever he chooses, the little scamp!

Old 04-02-2008, 01:26 PM

250 posts, read 937,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
One thing I learn quick about my Pookie is that they have to have certain posistion or place wherever they go.
I feel a sudden urge to peel a tomato.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 PM

549 posts, read 1,929,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I like to sit facing the kitchen so I can see when the food comes out.
Lol! It didn't occur to me but I like to see when the food comes out too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships