Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 08:47 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
I mean, she'll take an online option over a local, real life option?

Priorities man.
You're assuming that both choices are equal, in her eyes, except for distance.

I agree that there probably wasn't a spark and she either is using this guy as an excuse or she actually is into him despite the challenges.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:59 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Well, you all may have remembered that I had a 2nd date, confirmed for tomorrow with a woman I Had a nice time with last week. Well, she cancelled it today for some guy she was trying to "work things out with". Sadly, he lives in another country, Canada.

She met him on an online dating site, flew up to see him once, but he was suffering some kind of depression, so she ended it.

Out of the blue she cancelled out date because she wanted to work on things with him, and "He would feel uncomfortable with her and I 'hanging out'".

As if he really gives a rats ass about what's going on with her on the other side of the country?

Anyways, I told her that it's a pretty crappy thing to do, but wished her luck (on the guy that's suffering from depression).

I mean, I can see it being local, but in a friggin' another country?
Would it be better if He lived across the street?

Old 09-08-2018, 09:01 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
His rap game was better than yours is all
Extra strong if he is out of the country

Old 09-08-2018, 09:37 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Usually I don't get that ticked off about it. But The thing that's all ironic about it is did away with online dating, and here's her. I woman I've known in real life from social circles, met her the organic way...and here she's is, pining for unobtainable guy in another country. I mean, she'll take an online option over a local, real life option?

Priorities man.
Deciding to pursue a guy in another country with mental health issues doesn’t sound wise. She probably just likes the idea of who she’s made him out to be in her head. Maybe she doesn’t want a guy who’s actually available to her. Some people are like that.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:42 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Extra strong if he is out of the country
That's what happens when you buy market pizza and didn't put enough $$ in the tip jar on the first date.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:20 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
We know each other from the past. Through older social circles. So it wasn't like it was an online date. it just irked me that she told me that she ended things with him, due to his depression, and we were just talking about how we kept meeting people with mental issues. I noted the irony of her going back to the guy who lives far far away. You cannot even call that a relationship.

I'm curious how invested she is with THIS guy that she met online only once. She probably is more familiar with me, than she is with him.
The fact that you have known each other for some time puts an entirely different slant on the tips thread. There, people piled on about the woman meeting you, her date, for the very first time, but bossing you around. And you did not correct a single soul.

Because of that, as well as your constant "isn't this woman crazy for absolutely no reason?" threads, woman after woman after woman, I'm going to assume you're not being wholly honest here either, and on that note I am out. Good luck. : )

Old 09-08-2018, 10:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The fact that you have known each other for some time, enough that she feels very familiar with you, puts an entirely different slant on the tips thread. There, people piled on about the woman meeting you, her date, for the very first time, but bossing you around. And you did not correct a single soul.
Wow. Ugh I had not even thought of that.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:37 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
I can't think of what to say except... yeah. I think that may be endemic to CDR.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:59 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I can't think of what to say except... yeah. I think that may be endemic to CDR.
I don't. If I did I wouldn't be here. There would be no point.

ThisTown, if you want real answers you need to ask real questions, so what is the whole story? Or, or you are simply disappointed because you liked this woman but she didn't choose you, and now you need support, or just because nothing seems to be panning out with all these women you mention, say that. Otherwise, we're all just piling on this woman and guessing, and how is that helping you?

Old 09-08-2018, 11:02 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The fact that you have known each other for some time puts an entirely different slant on the tips thread. There, people piled on about the woman meeting you, her date, for the very first time, but bossing you around. And you did not correct a single soul.

Because of that, as well as your constant "isn't this woman crazy for absolutely no reason?" threads, woman after woman after woman, I'm going to assume you're not being wholly honest here either, and on that note I am out. Good luck. : )
I don't. How is it I'm not being honest? Also, what correction are you referring to? How is me having known her in the past have to do with anything? We weren't close buddies, but more casual acquaintences at previous social gatherings like board game night and out door related activities. Even took a weekend long trip to a beach group outing.

I mean, excuse me for not providing the details on her back story. But we weren't THAT tight. Just acquaintances that have spoken casually at events years ago and just reconnecting. I thought I may have mentioned that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships