Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 01:27 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
How exactly? To what end?

(Genuine question)
I guess you would have had to receive enough of them so see the similarities.
One...".I'm not on this site often so here's my (email/phone number)" Why the F*** are you on here at all, then?
The phone number/email is only so they can go off site and have no oversight from getting booted from the site. They still won't disappear but it costs them time to start up a new personna

My daughter, friend, granddaughter put me on here is just an overused , WAY overused, ploy to get you to thinking how sweet and innocent they are.There is even one where it's "Gramps is shy but here's his personal email address"

It's bad enough to have some willing to put some time into it ON the site but the ones wanting to shortcut it are usually giving enough clues otherwise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 01:29 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,961 times
Quote:
How exactly? To what end?

(Genuine question)
If you contact someone without going through the site, you're giving them your e-mail address and, if you use their phone number, they have yours. Some people set up an e-mail address just to use for on-line dating but even then if you get a nut, you'll have to shut it down. Phone numbers, especially cell phone numbers, can tell them more than you want them to know early on.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:33 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
So after a few months of eharmony text and phone calls I took the big plunge got on a jet to Nashville
There she was my blond cutie in the parking lot
Quasimoto
You think I make this stuff up don’t you
So what happened next?

Old 09-05-2018, 02:51 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
They're my niece and nephew...
Quote:
Oh man. Denying your own kids, my stomach literally got upset (momentarily) reading that.
Huh? A lot of guys have been told to draw in women with pictures containing kids - so they post pics with family members. Just like a lot of guys post pics with dogs they don't own.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:55 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Huh? A lot of guys have been told to draw in women with pictures containing kids - so they post pics with family members. Just like a lot of guys post pics with dogs they don't own.
I took the post to mean that a guy was posing in a picture with HIS kids but were denying they were his in either the photo caption or when asked. I have no problem with guys proudly being good uncles, especially since I'm the world's greatest uncle.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:56 PM

I don't like it when I see lots of pictures of women and their families on OLD sites. I get the feeling that having children was the greatest accomplishment of her life. I get that having children is an accomplishment, it's just one that doesn't interest me or make me go awww... I have one picture of my dog.

If a woman doesn't have at least one picture of herself alone I begin to think it odd. I've seen a few profiles where the main picture (often only picture) shows the woman and her kids.

Maybe I'm making this too complicated. Maybe those women want to see a picture of him posed with his kids. Maybe this is some kind of I heart kids message.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:58 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I don't like it when I see lots of pictures of women and their families on OLD sites. I get the feeling that having children was the greatest accomplishment of her life. I get that having children is an accomplishment, it's just one that doesn't interest me or make me go awww... I have one picture of my dog.

If a woman doesn't have at least one picture of herself alone I begin to think it odd. I've seen a few profiles where the main picture (often only picture) shows the woman and her kids.

Maybe I'm making this too complicated. Maybe those women want to see a picture of him posed with his kids. Maybe this is some kind of I heart kids message.
The other extreme is a mom with nothing but 10 selfies. Definitely would want the lady with pics of her and her family.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
The other extreme is a mom with nothing but 10 selfies. Definitely would want the lady with pics of her and her family.
I'm not dating women if they have juvenile children. I'm assuming that if the woman is nice her family will be nice too. I don't need pictures of them. I can understand a single shot.

I'm not family unfriendly. I just don't want to be eclipsed by her family. I'd rather join it.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:32 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,268,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

I have 9 pictures in my Match.com profile and two include my granddaughters. The rest are just me, and either my travels (not just the scenery, which is what I've seen on some guys' profiles- not very informative) or my athletic events. I figure it's a good balance.

I agree that having pics that are nearly all the woman and her kids could send the message that that's the main or only focus in her life- which may or may not be correct. Or maybe she figures she's looking for a potential stepfather, too, which I would think would scare most guys off.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:49 PM

505 posts, read 584,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
If you contact someone without going through the site, you're giving them your e-mail address and, if you use their phone number, they have yours. Some people set up an e-mail address just to use for on-line dating but even then if you get a nut, you'll have to shut it down. Phone numbers, especially cell phone numbers, can tell them more than you want them to know early on.
I use burner numbers and the block feature works very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships