Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 06:30 PM

785 posts, read 953,471 times

Advertisements

Shortly thereafter she unfollows me on IG, which is weird considering she is the one who rejected me in a sense, and then proceeds to remove me / block me in a sense.

It is funny but also illogical and frustrating at the same sense. I met her out one night and we hit it off. Decided to go on a date a few days later which lasted several hours. We then proceeded with a few more dates up until yesterday afternoon after we went on a hike.

So she texts me and tells me she thought about it and felt we didn't have a romantic connection (despite us kissing many times and touching + compliments etc) but wanted to be friends. I told her straight up and honestly I wanted to explore things more romantically and if she changes her mind hit me up. I kept it light and playful

Then I see the whole IG stuff which I would think a person who was rejected would do.

Maybe because I didn't accept her counter offer. It didn't really make much sense lol. Weird or am I overthinking?

Old 09-09-2018, 06:33 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
You told her you didn't want to be her friend. So she removed herself from your friend lists. Am I missing something here?

Old 09-09-2018, 06:35 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
I wouldn't call it weird exactly. You want a romantic thing, she just wants to stay friends. Your wants are not compatible. She decided to end contact.

Yeah she could have kept the social media connections but what's the point? So she could send you mixed singles, and you could just ask her out again down the line? Any contact she has with you from this point on can end up as inadvertently leading you on.

It seems dramatic but it makes sense in a way.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:37 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You told her you didn't want to be her friend. So she removed herself from your friend lists. Am I missing something here?
That was my immediate thought too.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:38 PM

785 posts, read 953,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Social media adds a level of awkwardness to communication nowadays to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I wouldn't call it weird exactly. You want a romantic thing, she just wants to stay friends. Your wants are not compatible. She decided to end contact.

Yeah she could have kept the social media connections but what's the point? So she could send you mixed singles, and you could just ask her out again down the line? Any contact she has with you from this point on can end up as inadvertently leading you on.

It seems dramatic but it makes sense in a way.
Yeah throughout these past few weeks she's texting me with kissy faces, being funny, we are having a good time and spending hours together. I've kissed her too.

It's just, yes, dramatic in a sense. Most of the time if a girl is into me and I'm not feeling it I just cease contact. Some are on my social media but I'm simply cordial to them and don't pursue or mix signals.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:38 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
I guess she didn't want you lingering and didn't want to be tempted to linger, herself.

*shrugs*

Chalk it up to incompatibility and move on.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:44 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
Yeah throughout these past few weeks she's texting me with kissy faces, being funny, we are having a good time and spending hours together. I've kissed her too.
Yeah but that's a whole different issue. That's why you thought there was a romantic connection understandibly. But you were wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
It's just, yes, dramatic in a sense. Most of the time if a girl is into me and I'm not feeling it I just cease contact. [/b] Some are on my social media but I'm simply cordial to them and don't pursue or mix signals.
That's exactly what she's doing, just openly instead of ghosting you.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:45 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
She also might be uncomfortable, OP, knowing you have feelings for her but you'll see her IG, including if/when she finds somebody. Maybe she's trying to spare your feelings.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:49 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
I just feel like little things like this....don't need any analysis or discussion because it's not going to change anything. You and that person are not in contact anymore. The only person who truly knows what's going on inside her head, is her. Don't get all preoccupied with "Why?" Because at the end of the day....it's over.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Classic case of incompatiblity.

All you can do is move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships